Playoff game is where the all in came from?

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Dak has made it crystal clear he would agree to a trade if it’s the right team.
Who would the right team be? He's far more interested in chasing the bag than he is with winning, so would it really matter who he ends up playing for? I don't think it will. Whomever is the highest bidder when free agency starts next spring is where he will go.

phildadon86

Reaction score
If after 8 seasons with this guy as your starting QB, you are still “ambiguous“ about what to do with his contract, you’ve already lost. You’ve actually already made a decision. If you don’t have full confidence in a guy, you should trade him. Dak has made it crystal clear he would agree to a trade if it’s the right team.

If an organization isn’t sure about someone, one game, maybe even one season shouldn’t change that. This is really, really bad NFL management.
Should have shopped Dak before the draft. Could have moved up in the draft significantly. Signed Ceedee and Micah and drafted a QB

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Who would the right team be? He's far more interested in chasing the bag than he is with winning, so would it really matter who he ends up playing for? I don't think it will. Whomever is the highest bidder when free agency starts next spring is where he will go.
I think he goes to the best team that offers the most. I don’t think he goes to a Giants team if the Jets want him.

Mikexike

Reaction score
If after 8 seasons with this guy as your starting QB, you are still “ambiguous“ about what to do with his contract, you’ve already lost. You’ve actually already made a decision. If you don’t have full confidence in a guy, you should trade him. Dak has made it crystal clear he would agree to a trade if it’s the right team.

If an organization isn’t sure about someone, one game, maybe even one season shouldn’t change that. This is really, really bad NFL management.
When did Dak make it crystal clear he would agree to a trade? I have not seen that.

montgod

Reaction score
Should have shopped Dak before the draft. Could have moved up in the draft significantly. Signed Ceedee and Micah and drafted a QB
Exactly.. just don't forecast well at all as a FO when you really need to w/this kind of talent on your team. CD should have been re-signed last yr before the season then focus would have been on Dak and Parsons this offseason depending on the outcome from the playoffs. It's definitely more in-depth than this, but it's obvious a team's hands are tied if you don't at least try to get ahead of these contracts before the last yr.

montgod

Reaction score
When did Dak make it crystal clear he would agree to a trade? I have not seen that.
That's because no talk of it has ever come up. JJ/SJ frozen w/cluelessness all offseason on what they are going to do this year and Dak doesn't have anything to say since they aren't saying anything but delaying a contract re-up. A progressive FO would have jumped on that opportunity to at least have that talk with Dak and see if he'd be open to going to another team and working that out before the draft if you know you're not sold on him for the long term.

I don't think I've ever seen a FO operate this way where this year is basically a push starting from coaches to their star players. It's crazy but they can do that since they have the highest valued team in the country.

Last edited:

Praxit

Reaction score
Thing is, they can play great in the regular season.
Come playoff time, this team just can't get it done.

Rather Dak plays bad or not up to his regular season play. But that could be more like playing better teams, as to beating teams with better records. But many QB's are the same.
Also the defense laid one of the biggest eggs in playoff history, or recent history.

I still want him to play out this season. Then go from there.
...hate to say it, but probably cursed in some form. Bad things occur, at worst possible times.

Thats more than circumstantial.
devils-games.gif

phildadon86

Reaction score
Not many could take that 58 million dollar cap hit at that time. This is why you don’t wait until the last minute.
If they signed him long term the cap hit wouldnt be 58 million. Pretty sure Dak wouldnt accept a trade to stay on his final year.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
"Dak's got his year. Contract. Let's focus right here. We all have a lot on the line for that playoff game," Jones added.

This quote is from the presser earlier. So this sounds like a play it out season from what I can tell. Play the year out and prove the GB game was just a fluke? Prove it season from the sounds of things.
The media does not get it, Jerry is in the drivers seat either way when it comes to Dak’s contract. If the Cowboys don’t make it to the NFCCG next season it will be easy to for Jerry not to pay Dak and let him walk. If Dak plays spectacular and we go to the Super Bowl, then he gives Dak the bag. Nothing is lost on Jerry. Dak is practicing so there is nothing to see here.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
If they signed him long term the cap hit wouldnt be 58 million. Pretty sure Dak wouldnt accept a trade to stay on his final year.
You still have to have that guaranteed money before you sign a guy which makes it difficult to do a trade for such a high salary.

stuckindc

Reaction score
Sign CeeDee and let everyone else play out their contracts. Then go into the offseason in 2025. And they can pretty much do what they want.

However, if they can't come to terms with CeeDee would anyone be opposed to trading him. As that will show us Jerry is ready to make a real change with no contract extensions.
Great post!!!