Playoff picture?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
If Atlanta loses against Minny and we lose 1 of our next 2 are we in?

Is Atlanta the only team we are competing with for a wild card? Philly? Tampa?

How do our chances look after last nights W?

BigDinAZ

Reaction score
I believe if we win next week, and both TB and ATL loss... we can clinch a playoff spot, but I could be wrong....

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
We need two out of the three to lose one more game next week: Atlanta, Philly and Tampa. If that happens, we can clinch with a win, I believe. Next week Atlanta plays Minnesota and Philly plays Washington, and Tampa plays San Diego. My guess is Atlanta and Philly will be underdogs in those games, and I wouldn't count San Diego out at all.

It really would have been nice if Atlanta would have lost yesterday.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
theogt;2495644 said:
It really would have been nice if Atlanta would have lose yesterday.

True. That would have made yesterday just a bit more perfect.

BigDinAZ

Reaction score
Does the picture change if Philly losses tonight?? They would be 7-6-1

Don Corleone

Reaction score
BigDinAZ;2495669 said:
Does the picture change if Philly losses tonight?? They would be 7-6-1

Absolutely! It would make our final game against them a little more meaningless if we win next week (assuming a few more things fall into place).

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
theogt;2495644 said:
We need two out of the three to lose one more game next week: Atlanta, Philly and Tampa. If that happens, we can clinch with a win, I believe. Next week Atlanta plays Minnesota and Philly plays Washington, and Tampa plays San Diego. My guess is Atlanta and Philly will be underdogs in those games, and I wouldn't count San Diego out at all.

Nice...

Had we just finished against Pitt NYG's would be on the ropes and we may be looking at a 1st round buy. ugghhh

BigDinAZ

Reaction score
Don Corleone;2495674 said:
Absolutely! It would make our final game against them a little more meaningless if we win next week (assuming a few more things fall into place).

:) I understand that part, but I mean standings wise. If the iggles lose tonight, does it work out to where we for sure clinch next week with a win and more losses in the NFC South?

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Philly losing tonight would almost certainly take them out of the race, which would be extremely helpful.

bootsy

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;2495644 said:

If Philly loses before our game with them in Week 17 and we win against Baltimore they are done. The most they can get to is 9 wins.

If Atl loses and we win we get in over them, I believe we own all tiebreakers with them because it gets down to common opponents. We are 3-0, they are 1-2.

If TB loses or if we end up with the same record we beat them head to head.

If we have identical records with TB and Atl, the first tiebreaker is Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games among the clubs). We win that because we are 1-0 against TB, Atl is 1-1 against TB and TB is 1-1 against ATL.

We are in good shape if we get to 10 wins and ATL, PHI and TB(2 of the 3) lose one more time

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
theogt;2495687 said:
Philly losing tonight would almost certainly take them out of the race, which would be extremely helpful.

Vs the Browns right?

I can't believe Cleveland has so many primetime games.