Playoff scenarios?

Shotgun Dave

Reaction score
Looking at the standings, it seems like we may really need to finish with a better record than Washington. If we finish with the same record as Washington AND Atlanta, Carolina, and Tampa, what are the scenarios for us making the playoffs?

Bueller? Bueller?

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Shotgun Dave;2437978 said:
Looking at the standings, it seems like we may really need to finish with a better record than Washington. If we finish with the same record as Washington AND Atlanta, Carolina, and Tampa, what are the scenarios for us making the playoffs?

Bueller? Bueller?
One of those three will win the division...hopefully Tampa will have the same record as us and the other team will be worse. We don't want Tampa to win that division.

Shotgun Dave

Reaction score
Future;2437986 said:
One of those three will win the division...hopefully Tampa will have the same record as us and the other team will be worse. We don't want Tampa to win that division.

That's what I'm wondering. Let's say Carolina wins the division but Tampa and Atlanta have the same record as us - who gets that 6th spot?

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Shotgun Dave;2438000 said:
That's what I'm wondering. Let's say Carolina wins the division but Tampa and Atlanta have the same record as us - who gets that 6th spot?
Well we beat Tampa...Atl will fade I think I wouldn't really worry about them being there at the end.

EDIT: Just saw Carolina getting smoked :laugh2: I've got nothing.

zeroburrito

Reaction score
the panthers really need to beat atlanta to keep tampa from winning the division...it looks like they will not be able to do that. gonna be a long shot to make the playoffs. probably 11 wins.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
It would be ideal if the Packers and Tampa do not win their division and skins finish behind us. I have been saying for weeks we need to finish 2nd in the division to have a real shot at the playoffs.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Suddenly, the Philly game looks a lot more winnable. I think.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
bbgun;2438049 said:
Suddenly, the Philly game looks a lot more winnable. I think.

Doubtful. They will be up to spoil anything we have going.

Bizwah

Reaction score
We're a long shot to make the playoffs.

The Rams game will come back to kill us.

So will the stupid Cardinal game. Think of this....and, I know we can look at this crud all day....But, had we not stupidly let the Cardinals return the opening KO for a TD....or, if Romo had hit Austin for the WO TD just before halftime....or if Folk hadn't missed a 40 yard FG....or, if we make one stupid tackle on 3rd and 18.....we probably win that game.

No overtime....no broken pinkie...no loss to the Rams...Actually, it might have been better for us to lose that Cards game in regulation.

Right now, it's gonna be tight.

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
We need Washington or Atlanta to lose or this win loses some of its shine.