Playoff Scenarios

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am pretty sure Philly is going to lose to the Rams this week but the more interesting game is the Commanders and disappointing Jaguars. The Jags absolutely stink this year. They look like they quit on the season already. This could be a 0-0 tie even after overtime.
The Jags are still playing pretty well at home. They beat the Colts there two weeks ago, and led the Steelers until the last 8 seconds in their previous home game. That defense against Josh Johnson in his first start since 2011? I'm picking the Jags.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Update:

After tonight's win by SEA, DAL can no longer get the 5 seed. All other seeds are still possible. (And yeah, it's gonna be the 4 seed, but it's fun to imagine various oddball scenarios).

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
That's correct. There's a scenario where DAL finishes 8-8 and WAS and PHI both finish 8-7-1. In that scenario, it's actually very likely that they both make the playoffs (and DAL of course misses out).

Oh, by the way? It's not going to happen.
greater chance of Kate Beckinsale professing her love to me than our being 8-8 and both of them 8-7-1

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Wrote this in another thread but even more relevant here:

With Seattle’s win on Monday night, they’re locked into the 5th seed. The scenarios for them to obtain any other seed are completely improbable.

The Cowboys are also locked into their seed, the 4th, barring a collapse from the Bears.

Ladies and gentlemen, that’s your wildcard matchup: Seahawks @ Cowboys

Personally, I hate the matchup. Their defense is stout against the run and our defense will struggle against Russel Wilson. I’m not saying that we’ll lose, but I’d literally rather play almost any other team in the NFC, including the Rams.

bandfan

Reaction score
Haven't really tried to figure it out but, can the Cowboys be any closer to the playoffs than they are now without actually being in the playoffs?