Playoff talk

Mannix

Reaction score
Sooooo.....with Detroit losing and looking shaky, it appears that they will not be getting the #1 seed. So the chances of Dallas vs Detroit and SF vs Philly look VERY slim...that being said, who can we reasonably start cheering for...or against? I'd like to hear some scenarios if anyone can figure them out this early. Obviously, we need to cheer for Seattle tonite.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Well. You want the cowboys to get the 5 seed. The top wild card.

So you root for whoever you think is the easiest out, to win the nfc south. Right now the saints are in the lead.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I like Dallas' playoff chances a lot more if they can get the 1 seed. They haven't even trailed at home, and they've been blowouts.

I feel a bit different about being a wild card team. All they can do is keep stacking wins and see what happens.

Cebrin

Reaction score
I like Dallas' playoff chances a lot more if they can get the 1 seed. They haven't even trailed at home, and they've been blowouts.

I feel a bit different about being a wild card team. All they can do is keep stacking wins and see what happens.
Same

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Meanwhile...5-5 Saints above us. What an embarrassment that division is.
Also proof that the NFL seeding system is out of whack. I understand it's important to win your division. But losing teams should not host a playoff game and teams with double digit wins be forced to visit them.

The current system rewards mediocrity.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Also proof that the NFL seeding system is out of whack. I understand it's important to win your division. But losing teams should not host a playoff game and teams with double digit wins be forced to visit them.

It’s stupid!

It should definitely be changed.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

Yeah I can live with a division leader being force into the playoffs but to give them a home field is insane.

SackMaster

Reaction score

Yep. Gotta win your games first. If everything else falls in place, Great.

If not, well, we will just have to win the hard way.
:grin:

Motorola

Reaction score
Sooooo.....with Detroit losing and looking shaky, it appears that they will not be getting the #1 seed. So the chances of Dallas vs Detroit and SF vs Philly look VERY slim...that being said, who can we reasonably start cheering for...or against? I'd like to hear some scenarios if anyone can figure them out this early. Obviously, we need to cheer for Seattle tonite.
We just gotta win ours and take what we get.
Exactly 'Pompey-Cowboy'

Waay too much crystal-balling and ouija-boarding here a number of CZers.
Let the season play out for another 3 to 4 games.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
As long as we can avoid SF at all costs, all could possibly be well. We need someone else to handle SF because clearly we can’t.

We have the potential to beat Philly and the other teams. San Francisco…that team scares me.

Mannix

Reaction score
My guess is that we are going to need the 6th seed to beat Detroit (#3) if we hope to avoid SF in the second round.