Playoff talk

mldardy

Reaction score
My guess is that we are going to need the 6th seed to beat Detroit (#3) if we hope to avoid SF in the second round.
Nope because that team will play the Eagles. Need Detroit to win and they would go to SF.

Mannix

Reaction score
Nope because that team will play the Eagles. Need Detroit to win and they would go to SF.
I think you are right...so all that needs to happen if my Top 3 seeds are predicted correctly is us to finish #5 and Detroit win?

mldardy

Reaction score
I think you are right...so all that needs to happen if my Top 3 seeds are predicted correctly is us to finish #5 and Detroit win?
Detroit does look fraudulent but I can't see them losing to that 6 seed whoever it is. Once you get out of the top 4 in the NFC + the terrible NFC South winner, the rest of the NFC is pretty bad. Probably going to be some combo of GB, Minn, and Sea. Although Detroit has lost to two of those teams at home.

lwehlers

Reaction score
has dallas ever been to a super bowl when they are a wildcard team. i have been a fan since since 1977 i do not think they have. it is going to hard to get the number one seed unless the cowboys win out and get alot of help in teams beating the eagles.

The Natural

Reaction score
Instead of hoping to avoid SF - why don’t we just go punch them in the mouth for a change?
Sounds great in theory, 0-2 last two playoffs and showed no signs of closing the gap earlier in the season. I'm not even sure our best game beats them.

Shannon1

Reaction score
has dallas ever been to a super bowl when they are a wildcard team. i have been a fan since since 1977 i do not think they have. it is going to hard to get the number one seed unless the cowboys win out and get alot of help in teams beating the eagles.
Yes 1975

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would just like to make the playoffs first and then have a path to the NFCCG that does not include a trip to San Francisco to get embarrassed yet again.

mperfection

Reaction score
Why are you guys sooo afraid of SF? We WILL see them again in the playoffs, unless they lose the divisional round.

endersdragon

Reaction score
We aren't out of the race in the East at all. We should be favorites every remaining game outside of possibly Miami (Philly at home, with 3 extra days rest, I like our odds). If we can find a way to win out we just need the Eagles to win one or two more (depending on who they lose to unfortunately our losses have all been to NFC teams whereas Eagles lost to the Jets so tiebreakers may not be our friend). With the schedule they have coming up that is a decent enough possiblity. So that's what I want to happen.