Playoff tickets

superpunk

Reaction score
It's looking like there's a decent chance we could see a playoff game in Dallas.

How does the ticket selling process work? Do they go on sale the day they know there will be a game? I'm trying to decide whether to head down to Dallas for the Christmas day game, or hold out for a playoff game. If there's no chance of getting playoff tickets - I'll do the Christmas day. Do any of you old-timers ;) know how it goes down?

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
006-2007 Dallas Cowboys Post Season Tickets
Invoices have been mailed to our Season Ticket Holders for both potential playoff games at Texas Stadium. To view and pay your invoice online, log on to Account Manager using your Account ID and PIN. Please refer to your Post Season invoice for more details.
Deadline for payment is Friday, December 8, 2006.

Individual game tickets for the Dallas Cowboys playoff game(s) at Texas Stadium will go on sale at a date and time to be determined by the National Football League and the Dallas Cowboys. Please check our website for further information once a home game has been confirmed.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/tickets.cfm

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Let's just hope we all have an opportunity for the playoffs......Go Cowboys!

CowboyJeff

Reaction score
superpunk;1196454 said:
It's looking like there's a decent chance we could see a playoff game in Dallas.

How does the ticket selling process work? Do they go on sale the day they know there will be a game? I'm trying to decide whether to head down to Dallas for the Christmas day game, or hold out for a playoff game. If there's no chance of getting playoff tickets - I'll do the Christmas day. Do any of you old-timers ;) know how it goes down?

stubhub.com

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
dont jinx us...geez...dont even bring this stuff up~~~

Oh and stubhub will rape you.

HTownCowboysFan

Reaction score
superpunk;1196454 said:

I just got my bill in the mail for playoff tickets. It's for 3 potential games, so I pay for all and then whatever games aren't played, that goes into next year's tix.

The Cowboys will release a certain number of tickets for the public and they'll go fast as hell. If Dallas hosts a playoff game, those tix will be sky-high via a broker, ebay, stubhub, etc.

Upper levels for the Colts game were going for $300 for a $49 face value seat.

HTownCowboysFan

Reaction score
theebs;1196530 said:
dont jinx us...geez...dont even bring this stuff up~~~

Oh and stubhub will rape you.

Depends. But the cheapest seats for the New Orleans game or going for about $250 on stubhub right now.

superpunk

Reaction score
HTownCowboysFan;1196580 said:
I just got my bill in the mail for playoff tickets. It's for 3 potential games, so I pay for all and then whatever games aren't played, that goes into next year's tix.

The Cowboys will release a certain number of tickets for the public and they'll go fast as hell. If Dallas hosts a playoff game, those tix will be sky-high via a broker, ebay, stubhub, etc.

Do those generally go on sale via ticketmaster?

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
HTownCowboysFan;1196580 said:

Yeah I paid for mine yesterday. Just like last year I paid for them the week of the giants game. I hope it turns out differently this year. I am dying to go to a home playoff game.

Oh and stubhub and the rest of the con artists are going to rip you off no matter what.

you can probably get a better deal in the lot from the guys running around hustling the tickets.

I really despise stubhub and nettickets etc. I really think it is completely unfair that someone starts a business by taking away seats from the everyday fan who wants to only go to one game and then sells them for double or triple. I have no respect for the owners of those businesses, it takes no skill, no education and should not be a proffession. To me it is completely low down and ridiculous and the fact that the nfl allows it sickens me, tney could put those places out of business with one swift blow and get rid of them within one months time but they must be making money off of it too.

I really hate ticket brokers. I wish the worst for all of them.

UVAwahoos

Benched
Reaction score
Are there any season ticket holders out there who are thinking about selling their playoff tickets for 1 the potential home games? I know that people get busy for have other plans made already. My family of 4 wants to head out to Dallas for a game (assuming all works out). I guess just PM me if you don't think you'll be able to make it.

I'm so upset that we missed the Thanksgiving game, I'm determined to make it for a playoff game (without getting raped by stubhub)!

superpunk

Reaction score
theebs;1196639 said:
Yeah I paid for mine yesterday. Just like last year I paid for them the week of the giants game. I hope it turns out differently this year. I am dying to go to a home playoff game.

Oh and stubhub and the rest of the con artists are going to rip you off no matter what.

you can probably get a better deal in the lot from the guys running around hustling the tickets.

I really despise stubhub and nettickets etc. I really think it is completely unfair that someone starts a business by taking away seats from the everyday fan who wants to only go to one game and then sells them for double or triple. I have no respect for the owners of those businesses, it takes no skill, no education and should not be a proffession. To me it is completely low down and ridiculous and the fact that the nfl allows it sickens me, tney could put those places out of business with one swift blow and get rid of them within one months time but they must be making money off of it too.

I really hate ticket brokers. I wish the worst for all of them.

I've done ebay - but that's probably not a huge difference, as I paid more than double face value.

I'd love to just come down and wing it in the parking lot - but Texas is freaking far. It's one of the states I haven't been to yet (airports don't count), so the trip could be fun either way.

UVAwahoos

Benched
Reaction score
superpunk;1196601 said:
Do those generally go on sale via ticketmaster?

Yeah they put them on sale with ticketmaster, but they go really fast. I think cause ticket brokers have some inside route of getting them. Somehow, stubhub will end up with like 500 seats for the game on their website, and they always triple (at a minimum) the face value for the tickets.

I agree with the post saying that these brokers should be eliminated. It takes away the reasoning to have a face value on tickets since they just charge whatever they want, and since they have access to all the tickets. Like I said, I'm determined to go to a home playoff game (crossing my fingers that all works out) so we'll see what happens.