Image: Playoff Wins Since 2000 For Every Team

Nav22

Reaction score
Then maybe this thread isn’t for you. Facts and data like these are presented to provide a certain narrative. A narrative while you might not like provides a perspective based on its content.

Perhaps you should start a thread on playoff wins since 1990 or 1970 which better represents your narrative.
Can you read? Let’s try again.

“I truly don’t care about “playoff wins” at all.

Super Bowl wins matter. Nothing else.“

Nav22

Reaction score
And why are you responding if you don’t care?

Apparently this topic isn’t of interest to you.
Because I felt like expressing the reasons why I believe this stat is worthless and stupid.

Is that not allowed?

Please forward me your message board bylaws and I’ll do my best to honor them moving forward.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Because I felt like expressing the reasons why I believe this stat is worthless and stupid.

Is that not allowed?

Please forward me your message board bylaws and I’ll do my best to honor them moving forward.
Seems like it’s not contributing anything to the topic.

Are you disputing the data ?

Nav22

Reaction score
Seems like it’s not contributing anything to the topic.

Are you disputing the data ?
Seems like you happen to enjoy garbage data like this and you’re just salty at reality being thrown back in your face.

I’ll repeat the question to you that I’ve asked others in this thread - maybe it’ll open your eyes.

How many playoff wins do the Cowboys have in their franchise history?

Stay with me now.... If YOU don’t know that off the top of your head, then YOU don’t care about “playoff wins” either.

So don’t pretend you care about “playoff wins since XXXX” all of a sudden.

Here’s a follow-up to further illustrate the stupidity of the stat:

Is it better to win the Super Bowl as a #7 seed (requiring FOUR playoff wins) or as a #1 seed (requiring THREE playoff wins)?

Too bad those ‘90s Super Bowl teams always had that 1st round bye, huh? What a bummer! We lost out on 3 potential PLAYOFF WINS!!!!!!
:lmao2:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Seems like you happen to enjoy garbage data like this and you’re just salty at reality being thrown back in your face.

I’ll repeat the question to you that I’ve asked others in this thread - maybe it’ll open your eyes.

How many playoff wins do the Cowboys have in their franchise history?

Stay with me now.... If YOU don’t know that off the top of your head, then YOU don’t care about “playoff wins” either.

So don’t pretend you care about “playoff wins since XXXX” all of a sudden.

Here’s a follow-up to further illustrate the stupidity of the stat:

Is it better to win the Super Bowl as a #7 seed (requiring FOUR playoff wins) or as a #1 seed (requiring THREE playoff wins)?

Too bad those ‘90s Super Bowl teams always had that 1st round bye, huh? What a bummer! We lost out on 3 potential PLAYOFF WINS!!!!!!
:lmao2:
I understand but that’s not the topic of discussion. You’re welcome to start a thread on what your topic is. Otherwise it comes off like your trolling this thread.

I’d enjoy a thread on total playoff appearances . We’d be far up that list. But that’s not what this is about. It’s about pointing out where we rank since 2000.

Nav22

Reaction score
I understand but that’s not the topic of discussion. You’re welcome to start a thread on what your topic is. Otherwise it comes off like your trolling this thread.

I’d enjoy a thread on total playoff appearances . We’d be far up that list. But that’s not what this is about. It’s about pointing out where we rank since 2000.
So you want a separate thread about why I think the “playoff wins” stat is silly?

That opinion shouldn’t be expressed in a “playoff wins since XXXX” thread? It needs its own separate thread?

Okay. Whatever you say.
:laugh:

kskboys

Reaction score
I was merely pointing out that it’s a stupid stat, in my opinion.

I truly don’t care about “playoff wins” at all.

Super Bowl wins matter. Nothing else.
It's really not. The concern w/ Jerry as a GM is that he's incapable of building a winner. So, this stat that you hate points out that Jerry has been incompetent as a GM w/o a HC who actually runs the show.

This actually points out your concern w/ super bowl wins. To win the super bowl, the GM must build a contender. Jerry has failed miserably in that respect. The lack of playoff wins points toward the lack of being a contender.

It all ties in.

kskboys

Reaction score
This is probably fairly accurate. We really don’t know what all he does in detail as a GM but make the final decisions. But we can speculate it’s not in the depth that a normal GM takes like watching film for example.

He’s just too involved with other aspects of the franchise to dedicate the 70+ hours a week a normal GM dedicates to player evaluation. But he still makes all of the appearances , interviews and official spokesman for the team. And insist on remaining where the buck stops.

It’s really a sad state of affairs. We are so handicapped from a football perspective with his stranglehold on operations. It’s really a credit to those under him that we have been able to assemble a staff and enough talent to remain like in his words” interesting and relative “ .

We’ve witnessed what we could be when he totally delegates decisions to someone more qualified and willing to dedicate all of their time and passion . But winning back to back Super Bowls wasn’t enough if it means not being the face of his franchise and receiving the credit.

But he’s an owner who wants the celebrity status playing out his fantasy as a football guy so we are stuck with him until probably his final breathe all at our expense. It can’t end soon enough.

This isn’t directed at you as I know you agree but your thought sparked this response. Thanks
That is so well said I cried a little.

Nav22

Reaction score
If he said that, then I apologize to Nav22 for saying he did. I recall him talking about how guys leap off the film at him but if that's false, then that's my bad.

But the larger point here is that Jerry isn't a figurehead GM. He's actively involved in all aspects of team building. I'd suggest he's also kind of mediocre at it.

EDIT: You appear to be right. Based on a clip of a draft interview I just saw, Jerry basically sits in scouting meetings and they have presentations and share binders of information on draft prospects to help Jerry make the final call. So again, Nav22 appears to be right and I was wrong.
All good. Fans of other teams don’t have to worry about what their team’s GM does. It’s literally just us poor Cowboys fans.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
This is probably fairly accurate. We really don’t know what all he does in detail as a GM but make the final decisions. But we can speculate it’s not in the depth that a normal GM takes like watching film for example.

He’s just too involved with other aspects of the franchise to dedicate the 70+ hours a week a normal GM dedicates to player evaluation. But he still makes all of the appearances , interviews and official spokesman for the team. And insist on remaining where the buck stops.

It’s really a sad state of affairs. We are so handicapped from a football perspective with his stranglehold on operations. It’s really a credit to those under him that we have been able to assemble a staff and enough talent to remain like in his words” interesting and relative “ .

We’ve witnessed what we could be when he totally delegates decisions to someone more qualified and willing to dedicate all of their time and passion . But winning back to back Super Bowls wasn’t enough if it means not being the face of his franchise and receiving the credit.

But he’s an owner who wants the celebrity status playing out his fantasy as a football guy so we are stuck with him until probably his final breathe all at our expense. It can’t end soon enough.

This isn’t directed at you as I know you agree but your thought sparked this response. Thanks
Who are you and what did you do with Gregg?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
So you want a separate thread about why I think the “playoff wins” stat is silly?

That opinion shouldn’t be expressed in a “playoff wins since XXXX” thread? It needs its own separate thread?

Okay. Whatever you say.
Apparently you just think playoff or Super Bowl wins are silly in this time frame . You’re probably ok with them if it goes back to 60’s or 70’s.

But the point of this data and time frame is to illustrate the lack of success this era in comparison with the league.

Do you think we’ve had more success this era than the data suggest?

Nav22

Reaction score
Apparently you just think playoff or Super Bowl wins are silly in this time frame . You’re probably ok with them if it goes back to 60’s or 70’s.

But the point of this data and time frame is to illustrate the lack of success this era in comparison with the league.

Do you think we’ve had more success this era than the data suggest?
Well, you just said it. The data had a predetermined agenda.

I’ve never seen any discussions about “playoff wins” in any other context other than to slam the Cowboys.

I’m bothered by the 0 Super Bowl wins since 2000. I couldn’t care less about how many playoff wins we’ve had since 2000.

The Texans have won 44% of their games since 2002 (their 1st year of existence). They have 4 playoff wins.

The Cowboys have won 54% of their games since 2002. They have 3 playoff wins since 2002.

Have the Texans been better than the Cowboys since 2002? Nope, I don’t think so. But they have more “playoff wins”. :rolleyes:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Well, you just said it. The data had a predetermined agenda.

I’ve never seen any discussions about “playoff wins” in any other context other than to slam the Cowboys.

I’m bothered by the 0 Super Bowl wins since 2000. I couldn’t care less about how many playoff wins we’ve had since 2000.

The Texans have won 44% of their games since 2002 (their 1st year of existence). They have 4 playoff wins.

The Cowboys have won 54% of their games since 2002. They have 3 playoff wins since 2002.

Have the Texans been better than the Cowboys since 2002? Nope, I don’t think so. But they have more “playoff wins”. :rolleyes:
I’m not sure how the Texans were introduced in this discussion?

This thread was to punctuate our futility this era in comparison with the league.

Over the years I’ve seen topics on how successful we have been overall for a franchise. Cowboys are still near the top in playoff wins.

You just don’t like our lack of success being pointed out for this era?

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
Probably why Stephen listed The Star and the stadium as his proudest moments.

when you are an absolute failure (with Daddy) at the football side of it, what else is there to be proud of?

Nav22

Reaction score
I’m not sure how the Texans were introduced in this discussion?

This thread was to punctuate our futility this era in comparison with the league.

Over the years I’ve seen topics on how successful we have been overall for a franchise. Cowboys are still near the top in playoff wins.

You just don’t like our lack of success being pointed out for this era?
I used the Texans as an example to display the silliness of the “playoff wins” stat.

Do YOU think they’ve been better than the Cowboys since 2002?

Let’s see how much weight YOU put in this stat.

We’ve won 52% of our games since 2000, so I’d say we’ve been a middling, mediocre team overall since 2000. Average.

I wouldn’t call us one of the worst teams in football since 2000.

This “playoff wins” stat places us near the bottom of the league since 2000. I personally don’t think that’s accurate.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
I used the Texans as an example to display the silliness of the “playoff wins” stat.

We’ve won 52% of our games since 2000, so I’d say we’ve been a middling, mediocre team overall since 2000. Average.

This “playoff wins” stat places us near the bottom of the league since 2000. I personally don’t think that’s accurate.

Dallas is a .500 team in this data range. We had three straight 5-11 seasons. 2015 was terrible. Last year was terrible. Sure, we have some seasons where we do great and get 12 wins. And we have 3 straight seasons of 8-8 to start the Garrett tenure. All of that equals out the mediocre. We aren't bad but we are nowhere near great. Success is not measured in the regular season. It's what you do in the playoffs. Both Dallas and Houston spin their wheels in mud and go nowhere in the end. Sure they might gain some traction and get out just a little and then sink right back down.

We are one of only 3 teams in the NFC to not make the NFC championship game in this timeframe, too. The others being Washington and Detroit. Not company you want to be in.

You seem to be making a lot of excuses for the mediocrity this franchise has turned into. Who cares about the history of the franchise in terms of being relevant right now. The 90s keeps getting further and further away. You can hang onto those times if you want but they mean nothing right now.

And we are at the bottom of the league in the last 2 decades when it comes to playoff success. There is no if ands or buts about that. It's fact.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
The best decision Jerry the GM made was hiring Jimmy Johnson. He benefitted from that decision for 7 years.

His decision-making the last 25 years would've gotten a half dozen GMs fired during that time, in any functional organization.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

Texans better than the Cowboys this era? Probably not. But neither have had much playoff success. I’ll guess we’ve had more appearances.

And I’d agree we’ve been average this era. Mediocre. This stat didn’t draw a conclusion or opinion. Simply provides the data .

We can draw our own conclusions from it. Mine would be we haven’t had much success in the playoffs this era. What would your conclusion be?