Audio: Playoffs what's your gut feeling

Blackrain

Reaction score
As we get ready to enter the tournament I have to say I have a few concerns but none that a strong outing against the eagles can't put on the back burner

We need to be able to run the ball .Stop the run on defense and be able to get turnovers without having the lead.

Along with that game management needs to be spot on and the kicking game needs to be consistent.

Dak also needs to run and do whatever necessary to move the chains and get touchdowns in the red zone Field goals are not going to get it against good teams in the playoffs.
If we address these concerns in the eagles game and I realize we are in their house in cold weather and they have everything to play for and we have nothing. Even if we don't win but the concerns are addressed I feel we have a decent chance in the playoffs

What's everybody else's feeling

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I am not sure. We could play like the team at the first of the year or we could play like the scared team that we are right now.
it's a coin toss, but if I'm betting we lose and head home and think about the draft.

Blackrain

Reaction score
My guy feeling is we lose in the Wild Card or Divisional round game because this team has shown me nothing since the bye week that inspires confidence against above .500 competition.

I can respect that but what if we have a very strong showing against the eagles limit our penalties stop their powerful running game and score in the red zone .

How about if we come out of Philadelphia with a 24 17 win Mike manages the clock zeke has like 80 yd Micah gets a sack digs gets an INT and our kicker actually kicks a field goal

Add in Dak running for 30 yards getting a couple first downs and not turning the ball over while throwing a couple touchdown passes

I could feel a lot better with them having an outing like that

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I can respect that but what if we have a very strong showing against the eagles limit our penalties stop their powerful running game and score in the red zone .

How about if we come out of Philadelphia with a 24 17 win Mike manages the clock zeke has like 80 yd Micah gets a sack digs gets an INT and our kicker actually kicks a field goal

Add in Dak running for 30 yards getting a couple first downs and not turning the ball over while throwing a couple touchdown passes

I could feel a lot better with them having an outing like that
Micah is already out for the game.

And even a big win over Philly changes nothing because they're Philly. Also, they may even sit guys out from what I've been reading.

Aftershock

Reaction score
As we get ready to enter the tournament I have to say I have a few concerns but none that a strong outing against the eagles can't put on the back burner

We need to be able to run the ball .Stop the run on defense and be able to get turnovers without having the lead.

Along with that game management needs to be spot on and the kicking game needs to be consistent.

Dak also needs to run and do whatever necessary to move the chains and get touchdowns in the red zone Field goals are not going to get it against good teams in the playoffs.
If we address these concerns in the eagles game and I realize we are in their house in cold weather and they have everything to play for and we have nothing. Even if we don't win but the concerns are addressed I feel we have a decent chance in the playoffs

What's everybody else's feeling
What your asking for is for the stars to perfectly align as the moon rises in the west sahara desert on the eve of the nfl playoffs and a shooting star to traverse the starry night sky

:laugh:

Blackrain

Reaction score
I am not sure. We could play like the team at the first of the year or we could play like the scared team that we are right now.
it's a coin toss, but if I'm betting we lose and head home and think about the draft.

I tend to feel the same pain but I really don't want to
I'm desperately trying to find a way not to be negative and feel like one and done is our fate
At this point for me the only way that can happen is a really strong outing against the eagles because they are our most hated rival they will give us their absolute best in their house and they have something to play for

A strong win here addressing the concerns I spoke of could really change my feeling about our chances in the playoffs

Blackrain

Reaction score
What your asking for is for the stars to perfectly align as the moon rises in the west sahara desert on the eve of the nfl playoffs and a shooting star to traverse the starry night sky
:laugh:

Actually what I'm asking in short is we kick the snot out of the eagles in all three phases of the football game and go into the playoffs on a positive note.

I know it's wishful thinking on a freezing night in Philadelphia

John813

Reaction score
Feel like it could be like 2018 again.

Tough win in the wildcard and then our weaknesses pop up in GB. Motivated Rodgers vs MM, slow start for the offense and we fall in a hole early which makes forcing T.O.s harder. Add in Dillion and Jones as their RB duo they can pound the rock and get shorter 3rd downs

blueblood70

Reaction score
we will win at least one playoff game..not one and done.. can we not save this for next week when it actually a thing?

Blackrain

Reaction score
we will win at least one playoff game..not one and done.. can we not save this for next week when it actually a thing?
No we can't because the outcome of the eagles game will affect how people feel about going into the playoffs especially if it's a very positive outcome compared to how they feel now

aikemirv

Reaction score
Dak could have a good game or two or maybe a total flop like last week - that is my feeling.

blueblood70

Reaction score
No we can't because the outcome of the eagles game will affect how people feel about going into the playoffs especially if it's a very positive outcome compared to how they feel now
Yes we can and that's how it works, game week we talk that game. Not get ahead of ourselves. Nonsense!

we don't even know our playoff opponents yet so get passed it..