Playoffs

Sully

Reaction score
Listen to ALOT of Dallas Cowboys talk this morning from
Mark Holmes, ChatSports with Tom Downey, 4 hours of 105.3 The Fan in Dallas, GameTime Bryan

The consensus is you can NOT re-run McCarthy out their again. The team actually got worse this season than last because the team actually won a game in the playoffs.

We can all have positive thoughts on the regular seasons but a point was made: The playoffs truly determine who you are. They will expose all your weakness.
* Since 1996, Dallas has gone ONE and done in the playoffs---8 Eight times.
* The Green Bay Packers are undefeated @ AT& T Stadium. 5-0 vs Dallas and won SB vs Pittsburgh
* No #7 seed ever won a playoff game until yesterday.
* All the home teams won, in the playoffs, except......
* 48 points is the MOST points GB ever scored and Dallas ever gave up in the playoffs.
* Until yesterday, the last time the Lions won a playoff game was 1991 against..... yep Dallas

The Cowboys keep racking up BAD records books stats each year.

The Rams only have 5 players from the SB team a few years ago. A complete make over of their roster and still made the playoffs.
And did this with zero 1st round drafts picks because they traded them away to Detroit.

Packers have no #1 WR, while Dallas has a WR who set franchise records and it was the Packers who looked like the better WR core.

And here is the gorilla that no one seems to answer....How do you fix this after 28 years of NFC Conference drought??????

~ Was Wade Phillips had to go, then Jason Garrett, then it was Kellen Moore and now the scream are for McCarthy & Quinn.
~ Get rid of Romo, get rid of Zeke, get rid of Jaylon Smith, get rid of Maher and now it's Dak.

How do you fix this?
--- You don't because the ONLY constant through all this 28 year mess is the owner that plays GM. And before people say the draft is better, I say again, look at the Lions draft the past 3 years. Studs each 1st rd pick and their draft last season landed them 4 starters. The Rams as I referred to earlier. The Cowboys draft was a failure in 2023. This franchise can't draft in the 2nd rd with failure across the past years.

Jerry Jones is 81 years and does have much time left. He put Jimmy in the ROH to try to build his imaginary legacy that is crashing down.
His ego and pride has destroyed a once solid organization that is now all about winning the ForbesBowl, sell jersey and get the maximum primetime games as possible. Players want to play for Dallas to get that celebrity status and that huge contract that Jerry loves to shell out.
This then reduces the team to get free agents to fill areas of need because the draft is average AT BEST and with little $$$$ left after the big shell out, Jerry and cap boy Stephen is forced to shop at Dollar General to plug the holes. All this with Jerry selling pyrite (aka: Fools Gold) to the media and fans, which every season is gobbled up. And once Thanksgiving roles around, the holiday tradition of the Cowboys collapse begins. But there is Jerry selling more pyrite and the fanatics buy more only to end, as it has the past 28 years of another bad record breaking Cowboys loss.

So then Dallas faithful say, this will end when The Lord takes Jerry Jones. But let me remind you that Al Davis destroyed the Oakland/LA/Las Vegas Raiders and his son is keeping up the tradition today. And Jerry's mentor was Mr. Davis.

Now you want to say, "Well, find another team then". I learned my lesson, not to put any hope in the Cowboys 10+ years ago. I have been a Dallas fan since 1977. I was laughing all through this game vs Green Bay because I knew this was going to happen. I was mocked --on this board-- for saying it. And that is fine. Seeing Jerry with that 'frustrated/puzzled' bone crushed look is enjoyable. Maybe Dallas fans will open their eyes but I doubt it because there will be more pyrite next season and Jerry will ONCE AGAIN-- Win the ForbesBowl without every winning on the field. Because it is a business and fans care about wins. Players care about stats that lead to BIG contract.

Yes, I will remain a Cowboys fan and want them to win. But until this franchise can PROVE it on the field and not with their words,
don't fall for the worthless yellow stone. Enjoy and ridicule away.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Listen to ALOT of Dallas Cowboys talk this morning from
Mark Holmes, ChatSports with Tom Downey, 4 hours of 105.3 The Fan in Dallas, GameTime Bryan

The consensus is you can NOT re-run McCarthy out their again. The team actually got worse this season than last because the team actually won a game in the playoffs.

We can all have positive thoughts on the regular seasons but a point was made: The playoffs truly determine who you are. They will expose all your weakness.
* Since 1996, Dallas has gone ONE and done in the playoffs---8 Eight times.
* The Green Bay Packers are undefeated @ AT& T Stadium. 5-0 vs Dallas and won SB vs Pittsburgh
* No #7 seed ever won a playoff game until yesterday.
* All the home teams won, in the playoffs, except......
* 48 points is the MOST points GB ever scored and Dallas ever gave up in the playoffs.
* Until yesterday, the last time the Lions won a playoff game was 1991 against..... yep Dallas

The Cowboys keep racking up BAD records books stats each year.

The Rams only have 5 players from the SB team a few years ago. A complete make over of their roster and still made the playoffs.
And did this with zero 1st round drafts picks because they traded them away to Detroit.

Packers have no #1 WR, while Dallas has a WR who set franchise records and it was the Packers who looked like the better WR core.

And here is the gorilla that no one seems to answer....How do you fix this after 28 years of NFC Conference drought??????

~ Was Wade Phillips had to go, then Jason Garrett, then it was Kellen Moore and now the scream are for McCarthy & Quinn.
~ Get rid of Romo, get rid of Zeke, get rid of Jaylon Smith, get rid of Maher and now it's Dak.

How do you fix this?
--- You don't because the ONLY constant through all this 28 year mess is the owner that plays GM. And before people say the draft is better, I say again, look at the Lions draft the past 3 years. Studs each 1st rd pick and their draft last season landed them 4 starters. The Rams as I referred to earlier. The Cowboys draft was a failure in 2023. This franchise can't draft in the 2nd rd with failure across the past years.

Jerry Jones is 81 years and does have much time left. He put Jimmy in the ROH to try to build his imaginary legacy that is crashing down.
His ego and pride has destroyed a once solid organization that is now all about winning the ForbesBowl, sell jersey and get the maximum primetime games as possible. Players want to play for Dallas to get that celebrity status and that huge contract that Jerry loves to shell out.
This then reduces the team to get free agents to fill areas of need because the draft is average AT BEST and with little $$$$ left after the big shell out, Jerry and cap boy Stephen is forced to shop at Dollar General to plug the holes. All this with Jerry selling pyrite (aka: Fools Gold) to the media and fans, which every season is gobbled up. And once Thanksgiving roles around, the holiday tradition of the Cowboys collapse begins. But there is Jerry selling more pyrite and the fanatics buy more only to end, as it has the past 28 years of another bad record breaking Cowboys loss.

So then Dallas faithful say, this will end when The Lord takes Jerry Jones. But let me remind you that Al Davis destroyed the Oakland/LA/Las Vegas Raiders and his son is keeping up the tradition today. And Jerry's mentor was Mr. Davis.

Now you want to say, "Well, find another team then". I learned my lesson, not to put any hope in the Cowboys 10+ years ago. I have been a Dallas fan since 1977. I was laughing all through this game vs Green Bay because I knew this was going to happen. I was mocked --on this board-- for saying it. And that is fine. Seeing Jerry with that 'frustrated/puzzled' bone crushed look is enjoyable. Maybe Dallas fans will open their eyes but I doubt it because there will be more pyrite next season and Jerry will ONCE AGAIN-- Win the ForbesBowl without every winning on the field. Because it is a business and fans care about wins. Players care about stats that lead to BIG contract.

Yes, I will remain a Cowboys fan and want them to win. But until this franchise can PROVE it on the field and not with their words,
don't fall for the worthless yellow stone. Enjoy and ridicule away.
I am not going to ridicule you.
You made good points.
Hopefully Jerry steps down soon,
But not holding my breath.
Things will not get better until he moves on.