Please explain something to me

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
The consensus on this board, in the media, NFL insiders etc was that we had no chance whatsoever today with BJ and BB at QB and our injuries on defence and to Felix.

Why then when it came true as it was supposed to, people are complaining?

If you know something will happen, why complain when it does?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;2393975 said:
The consensus on this board, in the media, NFL insiders etc was that we had no chance whatsoever today with BJ and BB at QB and our injuries on defence and to Felix.

It's a valid question that will not likely get a rational response after a loss. I would try, but I don't have any answers beyond I don't believe we'll make a move at QB. I mean who is there? Tim Rattay? Yeah, he solves the problems.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score

Exactly.

Now the media(and half the forum) is administering last rites to this season

We're not dead yet, not with Romo Felix Kosier and Newman set to return soon

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score

Because we had no business with Brad Johnson or Bollinger as serious backup candidate in the first place. Also, this was pretty much a must win game yet the team showed up undisciplined and unprepared as usual, which further preludes to the ineptitude of the coaching staff.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
Have to fix the OL first. It won't matter who takes the snaps if the OL continues as is.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
jdub2k4;2394010 said:
Because we had no business with Brad Johnson or Bollinger as serious backup candidate in the first place. Also, this was pretty much a must win game yet the team showed up undisciplined and unprepared as usual, which further preludes to the ineptitude of the coaching staff.

that isn't an answer. because we had BJ and BB, we had no chance according to most so the fact we lost should be seen like the sun rising every day, a certainty.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score

Because there's no excuse for lack of passion, penalties, shoddy tackling, not knowing when to yank an ineffective qb, and flat out giving up. It's not that they lost; it's how they lost.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Injuries on defense?

We are missing newman. And technically roy williams, but his prescence is not an addition in my humble opinion.

Newman wouldnt have helped today either. This defense is poor and it will be for awhile.

and many of us expected a loss, I did. I expected a statement game from the giants. and they got it. There defense was laughing at our team in the first quarter. Completely laughing at them.

the problem is the effort wasnt there and the team didnt have the integrity to play hard when they were losing and the game was out of reach.

As brad sham put it, the giants have sam madison out there covering kicks with a huge lead after basically not playing this year from injuries and we have starters on defense who put forth no effort in tackling on defense.

It was a pathetic display and it looked just like the game up there in 02.

Romo will improve the team, I think this offense might go nuts when he comes back, but even at that as laufenberg said during the game he expext romo to be rusty and struggle for at least 1 game.

and Romos play and confidence boost will not help us play the run. We absolutely stink on run defense.

Romo will give us what he gave us early on this year when he returns. The ability to come back in a game or to trade blows because the defense is poor and can not do anything against a competent qb and running game.

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
its just the way it works. by gametime you always root for your team and always have that feeling or hope that they'll win.

when the obvious turns out to become reality, you get pissed about it. it probably shouldnt be that way, but it happens most of the time.

personally, even if we get all our injured players back, i doubt we play at the very high level we were expected to be playin at.

i mean its the cowboys, freaken under-achievers seems like........

Everson24

Reaction score
I was fully expecting us to lose. But they way they lost is what has everyone upset. We are just plain sloppy and give up at the drop of a hat (see our run defense on the drive that ended with the Ward TD).

All the good feelings we had about our defense after last week have now been erased.

It is unrealistic to think that Romo and Newman are going to fix all thats wrong with this poorly coached team.

Mansta54

Reaction score
windward;2394006 said:
Exactly.

Now the media(and half the forum) is administering last rites to this season

We're not dead yet, not with Romo Felix Kosier and Newman set to return soon

Not even close!!! We're only 9 games in and we get healthy real soon... I just don't understand some fans..

Eskimo

Reaction score
SkinsandTerps;2394021 said:
Have to fix the OL first. It won't matter who takes the snaps if the OL continues as is.

The OL could at least potentially get better internally - if Kosier gets back on the field, Flo recovers from injuries and starts to give a darn again.

However, the DL is fatally flawed with Ratliff at NT. Any physical OL can pound us into submission over the course of a game. This team is built to play with a lead that forces other teams to become one-dimensional offensively.

Mansta54

Reaction score
Everson24;2394039 said:
I was fully expecting us to lose. But they way they lost is what has everyone upset. We are just plain sloppy and give up at the drop of a hat (see our run defense on the drive that ended with the Ward TD).

All the good feelings we had about our defense after last week have now been erased.

It is not realistic to think that Romo and Newman are going to fix all thats wrong with this poorly coached team.

It hasn't been erased in my eyes. Our D was on the field all game long and constantly had to defend a short field all caused by our poor QB play, mainly BJ.. Our D will be just fine..

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score

Im not surprised or upset about losing today but I am a bit tired of the sloppy play. Dumb penalties, people out of position, poor Oline play. So many other issues that just go beyond the QB play.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
The one thing that really ticked me off about this game was Jenkins' seeming lack of effort on that Ward TD run.

If he'd tried and missed or got run over, ok whatever, but at least he would have tried. Some guys are out there giving it their *** (our interior LBs)..seems he's not, not on every play anyway.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Everson24;2394039 said:

It is unrealistic to think that Romo and Newman are going to fix all thats wrong with this poorly coached team.

For some of us, that game last week was more an indictment on the tampa offense than a highlight of the dallas defense.

We can not beat a competent qb or running back unless romo plays at a high level.

Mansta54

Reaction score
SkinsandTerps;2394021 said:

Our oline wasn't that bad, BJ and BB had time to throw. By the time BB came into the game, the Giants knew we had to throw and could pin their ears back. Romo makes a huge difference on how defenses play us..

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
theebs;2394030 said:
Injuries on defense?

We are missing newman. And technically roy williams, but his prescence is not an addition in my humble opinion.
Patrick Watkins doesn't count as an injury?

Anthony Henry's deep thigh bruise?

Anthony Spencer just back from injury this week?

Kevin Burnett just back last week?

Plus Pacman's suspension. Like him or hate him, he was a starter.

I doubt the Defense agrees on Roy, but I am his last supporter. I'll turn out the light when i leave the room.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
don't get me wrong, I was upset at the game, but after the Giants scored on the first drive, I pretty much knew it was over. I just resigned myself to that fact and am looking forward to getting our boys back.

To me the most important injury of course is to Romo but right behind him is Felix's injury. In games he has played and scored a TD, we are 4-0. We are 1-4 in games where he either didn't play or didn't score (mostly because he hardly got the ball like the Commander game).

I never complained about the fossil being the backup before the season so I won't complain that Jones should have gotten a better backup but ultimately, not having a real backup has likely cost us the division. With Romo, there is no way we lose to the Rams although likely would have lost to the Giants. Little did I know when Folk kicked that tieing FG on CDN Thanksgiving weekend and I jumped through the roof figuratively, that it would ultimately cost us the season.