Please forgive a proud Grandpa for a slightly off-topic Cowboys related story

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Doomsday Duck;2315006 said:
It may just be me, but the way this board has been goin the last couple of weeks I am surprised nobody's complaining that she is suppose to be saying ROMO, not WOWO. Saying she needs a better speech coach, etc.

:rolleyes:

Precious kid though
We fired Brian Stewart, her speech coach, a week ago. J/K :)

Doomsday Duck;2315025 said:
BTW, I have a nephew(that I have bragged about on here before) that is about 2 1/2 years old.

He also loves his Cowboys

http://i32.***BLOCKED***/albums/d48/stewierulz/BabyMikiewatchinTheGame.jpg

That pic is over a year old. I bought him a WOWO jersey last year(size 4T) but he has already grew out of it.

Just sayin, its never too early to set up the Sr Homecoming date....

The star Lineman with the cheerleader captain...?

LOL

Why not?

cowboys4life;2315323 said:
That is soo awesome...too cute....

Like my son on morning wouldnt put his wowo jersey on cuz he said no its daddys shirt....Then i said i want you to wear it...he then proceeded to let me put it on him and then he wouldnt take it off...he will be 2 in nov...
You may never get it back. I loved the "terrible twos" because they are so funny at that age.

Tigger71sd

Reaction score
Hi all. My dad (Leon Dixson) shared with me that he posted this thread and that a lot of you had submitted responses. It's great to hear that so many of you enjoyed hearing the story. It was funny when it happened too. In response to some of your posts:

Hostile - No, you cannot date my daughter... EVER. :p:

Poke - I would love to get a customized jersey for my dad (and me too, of course). Don't tell him though. Maybe it'll be a Christmas gift. ;)

kmd24 - Kids are great, aren't they? Isabella has been saying "Go, Cowboys" since she could form the words. They certainly can teach us a thing or two.

Doomsday Duck - You never know. My hope is that she will only have Cowboys fans for boyfriends. I know, she'll have a few "bad choices" along the way.

Lockster - I don't have a picture of her in her wowo jersey yet, but I'll try to take one this weekend and post it.

I tried to include a pic of her cheering for the Cowboys at the game in 2006 when the Cowboys beat the Colts (for the Colts first loss of the season, making them 9-1), but it didn't attach properly. How do I do it from a picture on my computer and not a URL?

PBJTime

Semper Fidelis
Reaction score
3 pages...and it's not even a Roy Williams or Wade thread (yet). ;)

In all seriousness, that is a smart girl you got there. I think Wowo will probably stick in my head forever now. :)

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Straight to college for that little girl...................

Great story Leon, and I love her name.

Tigger71sd

Reaction score
Tigger71sd;2323578 said:
I tried to include a pic of her cheering for the Cowboys at the game in 2006 when the Cowboys beat the Colts (for the Colts first loss of the season, making them 9-1), but it didn't attach properly. How do I do it from a picture on my computer and not a URL?

I was able to put the picture in as my Avatar. By the way, she was just under a year old at the time that pic was taken.

I still don't know how to attach a pic in a message. Any ideas?

pjtoadie

Well known member
Reaction score
Great Story Leon. I have a daughter who's turning 1 next month and she loves when her mommy or daddy puts her Cowboys jersey on her(it's a number #12 and says COWBOYS for the name) She lights up when I give her a Cowboys football to play with it's almost like she knows how important the Cowboys are to her daddy. I can't wait until she can talk and say "Go Cowboys" or "How many Super Bowls is this now" etc. This story made my day espically after all this bs with Pacman.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Great stuff Leon. Being a PaPa or Grandpa helps understand just a little better. Some are older than the cute stuff but I've got one just 2 years old.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Tigger71sd;2323578 said:
Hi all. My dad (Leon Dixson) shared with me that he posted this thread and that a lot of you had submitted responses. It's great to hear that so many of you enjoyed hearing the story. It was funny when it happened too. In response to some of your posts:

Hostile - No, you cannot date my daughter... EVER. :p:
I don't want to date her. I'm very happily married. I just want to tell people she's my girlfriend so they get really jealous.

Kind of a tribute thing to a man I used to go to church with. He called my oldest daughter, then about 3, his girlfriend and he always had candy for her at church. He is probably the greatest man I've ever known. A WWII Vet who was General Patton's Aide de Camp.

Thanks for dropping by to post. Love the avatar picture.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Tigger71sd;2323651 said:
I was able to put the picture in as my Avatar. By the way, she was just under a year old at the time that pic was taken.

I still don't know how to attach a pic in a message. Any ideas?
In the sig lines you need to use the IMG wrap tags. These [ and ] I am going to substitute the [ ] with { } so the software doesn't try to find a picture.

{img}URL of the picture{/img}

If you replace the { } with [ } and insert the URL of the picture in between it will work.

If you are still having trouble, PM me the URL and I will do it for you. Must be 350 pixels by 500 pixels max size.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Hostile;2324167 said:
I don't want to date her. I'm very happily married. I just want to tell people she's my girlfriend so they get really jealous.

Kind of a tribute thing to a man I used to go to church with. He called my oldest daughter, then about 3, his girlfriend and he always had candy for her at church. He is probably the greatest man I've ever known. A WWII Vet who was General Patton's Aide de Camp.
Thanks for dropping by to post. Love the avatar picture.

You see what I mean? Dude, I swear..............

Tigger71sd

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, Hostile. I'll see if I can get it to work.

Oh, and BTW, I didn't really think you were a pedophile or anything. I was just joking around with you. I appreciate the story. Your friend sounds like he is one of the good guys.

ABQcowboyJR

Reaction score
I love it. Thats probably the coolest thing I have heard all day. I can only hope for a grand daughter like that. :star:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Tigger71sd;2324241 said:
Thanks for the info, Hostile. I'll see if I can get it to work.

Oh, and BTW, I didn't really think you were a pedophile or anything. I was just joking around with you. I appreciate the story. Your friend sounds like he is one of the good guys.
He sure was. Passed away in 2005.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Very cute - could use more of these 'stories' these days.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Awesome story, thanks for sharing! I bought my one year old daughter's first Cowboy shirt yesterday and hope to put her in it real soon!

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
LeonDixson;2313530 said:
I just might have to do that, poke.

...buy a Romo jersey for your grand daughter and go to any jersey or uniform maker.

They can chemical peel the Romo off of ryou and repalce it with any letters you want.

I just redid our pee wee team's jerseys and each small letter cost us $0.50. For about $5.00 I suspect you could present your grand daughter with a WOWO jersey.

If you do take a picture and show it to the board. We would all love to see it.