Please tell me people wont be seeking 1 year deals..

VirusX

Reaction score
I hope players arnt going to seek 1 year deals incase next season is uncapped. Good Lord this is a giant mess, I hope we come out of the end of the tunnel okay.

:bang2: :bang2: :bang2: :bang2:

Pokes28

Reaction score
I'm sure some will. There have always been a number of one year deals.

Think about this though. Next year (assuming no new CBA), players will have to have 6 years NFL experience to become free agents. So if a guy is a first time free agent this season (4 year vet), and he signs a one year deal. He'll be a restricted free agent to that team next season.

David Harrell - Pokes
dwh

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
VirusX said:
I hope players arnt going to seek 1 year deals incase next season is uncapped. Good Lord this is a giant mess, I hope we come out of the end of the tunnel okay.

Ok, People wont be seeking one year deals :D

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
VirusX said:

Of course they will. Wouldn't you in their shoes?

VirusX

Reaction score
Hostile said:
Of course they will. Wouldn't you in their shoes?

Doubtful, Ya it could mean more money potentially. But if I would get hurt im screwed.

conner01

Reaction score
if you have more than 6 yrs it would be smart but a huge gamble. what if you get injured? what if the cba gets done and we never have an uncapped yr?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
VirusX said:
Doubtful, Ya it could mean more money potentially. But if I would get hurt im screwed.
Just a hunch, you don't play the stock market do you?

:wink2:

VirusX

Reaction score
Hostile said:
Just a hunch, you don't play the stock market do you?

:wink2:

Thats a little different. You dont have to play the market every day for a living ;)

Plus car payment trump's stock atm :p:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
VirusX said:
Thats a little different. You dont have to play the market every day for a living ;)

Plus car payment trump's stock atm :p:
I know plenty of people who don't work for their money. Their money works for them.

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
What choice do the players have? They can't sign a long term deal and neither can the teams for that matter until they know what will happen next year and beyond.

Teams have to structure contracts much differently with an uncapped year on the horizon. Honestly, I don't see any reason why any player or team would want to do anything other than a one year deal at this point until they know what the future will bring.

VirusX

Reaction score
Hostile said:
I know plenty of people who don't work for their money. Their money works for them.

Gotta have enough money for it to work for you. :laugh2: