Pls. Dez, dont talk that way! Give us another chance!

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
  • Never played a game for the Saints but he'd call them first over us! Harumph!!!! Excerpts:

By John Breech
CBSSPORTS

Dez Bryant doesn't know when he's going to be returning to football, but he does know which team he's going to call first when that return happens.

During a recent interview with CBS Sports Radio's Tiki and Tierney, Bryant revealed that he's going to have his agent, Kim Miale, get in contact with the Saints as soon as he's ready to play.

"Whenever I get right, I'm going to hit my agent up and I'm going to let Kim know, 'Hey let's go, I'm ready to go. Make sure you call the Saints first. I owe them,'" Bryant said.

Calling the Saints first is definitely a move that would makes sense for Bryant. For one, they were the team that signed him in 2018 after the Cowboysdecided to cut ties with the veteran. Also, the Saints could still use some receiving help behind Michael Thomas. Plus, let's not forget the fact that the Saints were interested in bringing him back this offseason even though he's coming off a serious injury that he suffered last year. Back in November, Bryant tore his Achilles in practice before even playing a single game with New Orleans.

After nearly eight months of rehab, Bryant sounds like he's almost ready to return to the field. As a matter of fact, Bryant sounded pretty confident when he was asked if he thought he would end up playing in the NFL this year.

Since Bryant plans on playing this year, that obviously means he's not retiring, something that he's had to point out multiple times over the past month. Not only did he tweet about it in July, but he told Tiki and Tierney that he has no plans to retire anytime.

After eight months of rehabbing his Achilles, Bryant said he's almost feeling like himself again.

The reason Bryant isn't in training camp with an NFL team right now is because he doesn't feel like he's quite ready to play.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
So basically Dez is hoping to be ready when a team loses a key WR to injury. Sounds about right.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Dez trying to stay relevant pleading and begging for some team to call him and offer him a contract.....

Carson

Reaction score
Didn’t he just say he was done with football for now?

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
He’d be around 7 on the depth chart this year. Doubt we are interested in brining back Alvin Harper either.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
He hasn’t been right since he broke his foot and blew his knee...

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Jay-Z is 13 years older than Beyonce. Dez's mom is 13 years older than Dez.

:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:
I'm sorry but that's just funny. When you think about it.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The reason Bryant isn't in training camp with an NFL team right now is because he doesn't feel like he's quite ready to play.
I'm calling BS on that.

Had he stayed in top shape and learned a full route tree, Dez would probably still be a Cowboy or at least received a huge FA deal before last season.

IndianaCowboys1994

Reaction score
I'll never forget the day after his injury against the Giants on SNF in 2015. Cris Carter said he would never be the same again. I laughed at the time but he was right. It's a shame.

Praxit

Reaction score
........lol... dont need psychology 101 to figure this guy out. He's in the 30 zone now, not playing makes you even older. Sounds like he wont play this season either. Next year another 100 young, hungry receivers will come out in competition.

>>>>>>>>> Good luck, Dez.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I can sympathize. It’s the same reason I’m not in an NFL camp right now.