Poaching players from teams switching schemes

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
One of the best ways to acquire talent that isn't a headache player is to look at teams that are switching schemes and might diminish the value of quality players to the incumbent teams.

One example is the Cardinals switching back to the 3-4. I know Chandler Joned won't be available, but is there anyone else of interest to you? Also which other teams are switching their defensive identity?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Don't poach unless you are okay with being poached upon when it's your team changing schemes.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
One of the best ways to acquire talent that isn't a headache player is to look at teams that are switching schemes and might diminish the value of quality players to the incumbent teams.

One example is the Cardinals switching back to the 3-4. I know Chandler Joned won't be available, but is there anyone else of interest to you? Also which other teams are switching their defensive identity?

DT A.Woods is a good example of this concept.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jets DE
H Anderson ..switched defenses
Aren't the Jets switching to a 4-3 defense?

The Cowboys run a 4-3 defense.

I tend to think of the Cowboys benefitting from a 4-3 team switching to a 3-4 which is one reason A.Woods was available.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Aren't the Jets switching to a 4-3 defense?

The Cowboys run a 4-3 defense.

I tend to think of the Cowboys benefitting from a 4-3 team switching to a 3-4 which is one reason A.Woods was available.

Anderson is a free agent and can play it in our scheme. I think he'd be a DT here. Read about him being a fit on blogging the boys a while back.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

We could use it to trade DLaw to the chiefs who are looking to move their top 2 defensive players. Grab a 1st or 2nd then go sign a couple of DL who could help solidify our DL.