POD: Caldwell's Wednesday Comments

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm happy he is saying nice things about Romo but he also said JG was one of the best coaches in the league. It feels like he is just kissing up to get us feeling good about ourselves. That said, I agree with him on Romo

Garrett is one of the best coaches in the league at this point.

daveferr33

Reaction score
Great line by Caldwell:

"I really don't think he's that much different. I've always thought he was a great quarterback. I just think he's got a better supporting cast."

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
On what has jumped out to him about Dallas QB Tony Romo: "He's been a quality player for a long, long time. He's one of those guys, I think, that's got all of the skillsets, he can run, he can throw it, he's got arm strength, he can make all the throws."

On how Romo is a different quarterback than in past years: "I really don't think he's that much different. I've always thought he was a great quarterback.... You focus in on the quarterback and you look at him solely for all of the ups and downs of the team and judge him accordingly. But those of us that make a living doing what we do and watching these guys and evaluating them, I've looked at him for a while and seen that. I think anybody you know that knows me, they usually ask me about quarterbacks. They'll tell you what I tell them about Romo. It's exactly the same thing I just told you. I thought he's always been an outstanding quarterback."

On if he has ever seen Romo play better than he currently is: "I'm a purist and I look at him strictly from what he's been able to do and he's always flashed exactly what you see now."

I've never understood why so many have failed to grasp the things Caldwell is saying here. This stuff hasn't been hard to see over the years, but some have been so blinded by a mistake here and there when he's had to carry the team that they believe a new Romo has suddenly emerged. He is the same guy he's been for years now, but his star is shining because his ability is no longer shrouded by the mediocrity around him.