Political Zone

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Danny White said:
Good... for the most part, BNA is just way too predictable in his takes... we need some other libs to mix it up.

I like bens takes, may not agree with them...when he is being serious.

Mike 1967

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
We could also use some more in the middle.

I find myself playing devils advocate leaning towards the left side just to get some conversation stimulated.

Depends on what you mean by middle.

If you mean straddling the fence....then most times you can have it.

For whatever reason, people today seem to view holding no position as a high virtue.

But if it is such a high virtue...then forums should be viewed as places of ill-repute. Because the very nature of forum is the discourse of viewpoints....and the very nature of viewpoints requires that you get off the fence.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Mike 1967 said:
Depends on what you mean by middle.

If you mean straddling the fence....then most times you can have it.

For whatever reason, people today seem to view holding no position as a high virtue.

But if it is such a high virtue...then forums should be viewed as places of ill-repute. Because the very nature of forum is the discourse of viewpoints....and the very nature of viewpoints requires that you get off the fence.

Here is the problem people have with those that are characterized as being on the fence.

If a person is of one party, then most times no matter what the party does they are OK....however if the other party does the same exact thing then that other party is BAD.

With being in the middle I can be objective enough to say...both are wrong.

Also...why not take your political discussions to where they belong...the political zone.

Sounds like your takes would be welcomed...instead of the idea of keeping pressing those ideas on this forum. :cool:

Mike 1967

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Here is the problem people have with those that are characterized as being on the fence.

If a person is of one party, then most times no matter what the party does they are OK....however if the other party does the same exact thing then that other party is BAD.

With being in the middle I can be objective enough to say...both are wrong.

Also...why not take your political discussions to where they belong...the political zone.

Sounds like your takes would be welcomed...instead of the idea of keeping pressing those ideas on this forum. :cool:

The idea's I am pressing here are not political....they are philisophical.

And I do agree with your assesment above regarding the political parties.

But please don't misunderstand my prior comments. When I was talking about fence I was not talking about Republican vs. Democrat. I was simply referring to people that do not take a side in an argument regarding something like ethics.

I would not say that everything that the Republican party is correct, and I would not say that everything that the Democratic party does is wrong. At the end of the day politics is made up of politicians....and at the end of the day I don't trust politicians....because If a politician were 100% honest he would most likely not get elected.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Mike 1967 said:
As much as I like debating the value of Zimmer to the existing Defense.....you really don't want to get me started on morality, truth and Religion. Which is truly the core of any debate involving liberalism vs. conservatism. :D

Oh, really??

And which side, I wonder, do you think has the market cornered on "morality, truth and religion"??

Actually, I know the answer to that one, and if I was so inclined, I could spend literally hours cataloguing the slimeballs that have called themselves Republicans... I mean, just execrable individuals...

There are your philanderers among the GOP, your thieves, all manner of unsavory individuals...

You might also consider that among hate groups, those who vote regularly tend to vote heavily Republican... they find the Democrats to be too indulgent of your "minorities"...

And before you go getting all defensive, I know of any number of Democrats who are card-carrying sleazes, too... I'm not claiming any moral superiority on their part either, they're ALL ******...

But when you go trying to claim the moral high ground for the GOP, well, that's just propagandistic BS, the sort that robs you of credibility in future political discussions... it marks you as a brainwashed, partisan zealot...