(Poll) How do Zoners acquire their knowledge of the draft?

How are you draftniks informed on upcoming drafts/prospects?

• Total voters

cmoney23

Reaction score
I can't answer the poll, because my knowledge comes from a lot of places.

First and foremost I watch college football, the combine and work outs.
I also utilize sites and magazines.
But ultimately I use my gut. And that tool has proven to been a good tool...

Like last year. I was one of the only one on here so high on Joey Bosa... I watched him a ton, he checked all my boxes in work outs and my gut said that kid won't fail. And it proved true... so far...

DFWJC

Reaction score

Like last year. I was one of the only one on here so high on Joey Bosa... I watched him a ton, he checked all my boxes in work outs and my gut said that kid won't fail. And it proved true... so far...
I think your combo is the the consensus with those who get way into the draft.

Btw, yes, there were plenty not into Bosa or Ramsey. Some not into Zeke too, for that matter.
fwiw, I said multiple times pre-draft that Bosa would be in several Pro Bowls. There were others too.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score

Next time I'll add a "gut" slot. ;)

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Watching Football and experience with playing Football, to me, are the two most important sources I draw on. When I see a player, I know it usually. Nobody may like a kid but if I see it in him, I know it. It doesn't always prove to be true because other factors are involved as well. You don't always know what's involved on the personal side and that's usually the reason a kid who have the rest fail IMO. To me, there is no substitute for actually watching players play and having experience with the game.

cmoney23

Reaction score
fwiw, I said multiple times pre-draft that Bosa would be in several Pro Bowls. There were others too.

Oh, I agree, there were a few that shared my sentiment for Bosa. But most on here seemed to HATE him and thought he would be a sure fire bust. My two choices for us were Bosa or Ramsey ( I loved Zeke, but thought 4 was too high) Obviously it really doesn't matter, but if we could have landed that trade to move back a couple spots and still got him, it would have been nice.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I didn't like Boza and I still don't. I think that kid is going to end up hurting himself with illegal substances. JMO

Hardline

Reaction score
It doesn't matter how much we research the draft. Our opinions and evaluations mean nothing and have zero influence on who's selected.