Pollack v. James

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
The Outback Bowl was a great place to scout the top 2 DE's in this years draft and it was no comparison. David Pollack is a stud- 3 sacks, forced fumble, recovered fumble. put him at de in a 4-3 or OLB in a 3-4 and he will make us better, non stop motor, great character guy. On the other hand, James from Wisconsin looked just like shante carver or kavika pittman or ebenezer- he has 2 tackles and got little or no pressure.

:jints:

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
People forget that Pollack used to play DT and weighed up near 290+ before switching to DE and dropping the weight.

The only problem with Pollack is that he's a strongside DE, the same position played by Ellis. So, to get him Parcells would most likely need to go to a 3-4 and move him to OLB which is a big change in position for him.

Either way, I doubt he'll be around when it's our turn to draft.

Rich..........

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
From what little I have seen of him Pollack is a playmaker. He seems to be the kind of guy you just have to make a spot for and he will get things done. I don't know if he will fall to us in the draft but I would not complain if he ended up with a star on his helmet.

Kevlee06

Reaction score
Well I dont think Pollack would be chosen with the top 1st round pick, but maybe the second. Of course Buffalo keeps making that one worse so who knows.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Yakuza Rich said:
People forget that Pollack used to play DT and weighed up near 290+ before switching to DE and dropping the weight.

The only problem with Pollack is that he's a strongside DE, the same position played by Ellis. So, to get him Parcells would most likely need to go to a 3-4 and move him to OLB which is a big change in position for him.

Either way, I doubt he'll be around when it's our turn to draft.

Rich..........
Parcells was going to switch Ellis to weakside RDE this off season but Wiley couldn't make the move.

Shotgun Dave

Reaction score
Hostile said:
Parcells was going to switch Ellis to weakside RDE this off season but Wiley couldn't make the move.

EXACTLY! I don't understand the people that say Pollack has no speed or he's too small, etc. The guy flay makes plays all through the game. If Dallas still picks 12 after the NY game I wouldn't be at all surprised if Pollack was already off the board.

I'd LOVE a line with Pollack, and Ellis as the DE's and Glover next to a guy like Ngota. Add a LB with some serious size/speed and our D would be twice as good in a BLINK.

Sitting Bull

Reaction score
I prefer Pollack because of his motor and work ethic, but I don't think it's fair to judge Erasmus James based on today's game. He looked plenty disruptive (if a little anxious) in the first half. Wisconsin's entire defense was on the field way too long in the second half and Georgia simply has a better defense. I'd take James with our first pick if Pollack is gone.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
He plays both R and L DE from what I saw the past 2 games. He would be a great 4-3, 3-4 hybrid guy.

He's 265 and big enough to play a 4-3 end and athletic and 4.7 speed fast enough to play a 3-4 OLB. He's a football player. Reminds me of Tedy Bruschi A LOT. Bruschi was a DE sackmaster in college who made the move to LB in a 3-4. Suggs too.

Woods

Reaction score
Nors said:
He plays both R and L DE from what I saw the past 2 games. He would be a great 4-3, 3-4 hybrid guy.

He's 265 and big enough to play a 4-3 end and athletic and 4.7 speed fast enough to play a 3-4 OLB. He's a football player. Reminds me of Tedy Bruschi A LOT. Bruschi was a DE sackmaster in college who made the move to LB in a 3-4. Suggs too.

Wouldn't it be funny if we ended up with both Pollack and Spears?

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Woods said:
Wouldn't it be funny if we ended up with both Pollack and Spears?

And we landed S Davis of Georgia I'm very happy!