Twitter: Pollard - Game-Time Decision

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
He’s not going to be healthy the rest of the season. Neither will Zeke. If we can’t run the ball efficiently Dak and the offense may continue to struggle the rest of the season. With both of our top runners injured we’re just going to have to hope our passing game comes around. Hard to get the play action pass game to open up when you can’t run the ball.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Will they be 100%? No. But can they get healthier by resting? Yes. I want them as close to 100% as possible for the playoffs

If they keep playing them and practicing them they won’t get healthy the rest of the season. I don’t believe either will be close to 100% by the playoffs. Them not being healthy could come back to bite us. Zeke tweaked his knee late in the game last week. He had a slight limp as he went back to the sidelines.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Rest him.

I know it's unwise to write off an opponent, but the Giants are an injury and virus-riddled mess playing to keep a top five pick. Corey Clement can spell Zeke and the Cowboys should be fine.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Once we lock up a playoff spot assuming we do, I would sit Pollard and Zeke and play these other backs to give them some experience. We may have to use them in the playoffs. Back in the 1980s Washington RB Timmy Smith got an opportunity late in the season and ended up rushing for 200 yards in the Super Bowl. Not saying we’ll get that lucky with one of these other backs but maybe one of them can emerge into a pretty good player for us in postseason. We may have to count on one of them.

817Gill

Reaction score
Getting better doesn't exactly sound like "let's roll" lol. More like "see you next season".
Getting better sounds like he’s going to play when the games are meaningful. If he’s gone for the year they’d shut him down now so he could get the proper rest and treatment. Keep in mind he’s still doing workouts and running and cutting to test it. Wouldn’t be straining the injury if the plan was just to sit him, wouldn’t make sense.

Kinda like when Dak was still warming up and practicing in a limited fashion with the Lat strain. If it was serious they’d have shut him down completely to avoid the risk of further damage. Again with the Plantar injury once it’s torn it’s just a matter of pain tolerance in the short term. Plus the medication and shots they get to reduce/numb pain, I think he’ll be good to go against Wash/Arizona.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Dallas has the football gods on their side for the 2nd week in a row. Playing a team like the Gnats is a gimmie for MM to sit Pollard & Elliott. No matter how bad they beg to play.

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Don't write off any team in the No fun League. The Giants still have players and thusly are still able to upset anyone if taken lightly. That being said I'm in favor of Clements and Smith or the dude with glasses to shore up the back field this game. Lets roll and let them two guys heal.

JayFord

Reaction score
nah knowing how this team addresses injuries I dont expect him to play

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
We need him for the playoffs. Wear Zeke’s tread down during the season.