Pollard Looking Good

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
It was "expected".

Now it's a "reality".

Like some "expected" Gallup to be ready earlier than he was. "Reality" was he wasn't ready as soon as even some in the Cowboys org thought.
From a physical standpoint Gallup was ready. Mentally he was not. Pollard's injury was far less severe than it was made out to be and if it happened early in the season he would have returned before it ended.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What bothers me is them passing on a chance to add/draft a higher-level backup or co-starter. Especially with what happened in the playoff game after he went down and the 49ers lost all respect for our run game. Maybe they are still looking to add another guy, but the drop-off after him is huge right now.
There's some drop off even WITH him.

He no longer has zeke for those hard tough short yards...and helping in pass protection. Tony gonna get beat up.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
From a physical standpoint Gallup was ready. Mentally he was not. Pollard's injury was far less severe than it was made out to be and if it happened early in the season he would have returned before it ended.
Pure speculation. You know for a fact...through your personal evaluation I assume...he was 100% physically healthy. Okay.

Having said that...I do get the mental aspect of coming back from serious injury. It's in your head.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
What bothers me is them passing on a chance to add/draft a higher-level backup or co-starter. Especially with what happened in the playoff game after he went down and the 49ers lost all respect for our run game. Maybe they are still looking to add another guy, but the drop-off after him is huge right now.

I heard they really like Davis.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I am probably the biggest Zeke hater and I love me some Pollard but this is crazy. Dude is coming back from a serious injury, has never carried that sort of load in his career, and is another year older. I hope he is fantastic again but if anything I expect a decline. I would be thrilled to see him land anywhere close to last year. 200 carries for 1000 yards and 10 TDs would be amazing but this is miles away from MVP talk for an RB.
Sounds realistic.
Wish we had another quality back to help share the load.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How do we know he is looking good. They are only in shorts and shirts and no contact.

Did I do that right?

Toro9

Reaction score
16 games
244 att, 4.9 ypc, 9 RTDs, 55 Rec, 2 Rec TDs, 7.9 YPC

~1750 yards All Purpose

Last edited:

cowboyed

Reaction score
I hope they outlaw grab-tackling runners or receivers from behind and the defender also using his full weight to drop down on the back of their legs. That stopped our offensive momentum against the 9rs in the playoff game when Pollard went down. That tackle has injured other players including Mahomes.