Pollard should not be a starter

lqmac1

Reaction score
I’ve always been a Dak supporter, but Coop is the better quarterback just as Pollard is the better HB. Chalk Zeke up as a financial loss already.

They’re not letting him loose because Kellen, front office, media, DIRECTV, 7-Eleven, Sleep Number and co are protecting their big money man.

Rush replacing Dak would be a no-brainer if it weren’t for money and politics. Dak was NFCE away from being a shift leader at Wendy’s.

Y’all butchered Romo for 1 playoff win in his first 7 years, but all of a sudden everybody wants to turn a blind eye and stay quiet when Dak does it?! I’m over him. Trade him and get a bunch of picks.

Loso86

Reaction score
they are a great 1-2 punch, he is a great change of pace back, outside of GB and maybe Browns and Jags we are next ..top 5 running back duo. it's a nice marriage back there when KM finally figured out some balance between the two.
I agree, I hate when our fans and media always make it a competition. Just let them do what they're doing

blueblood70

Reaction score
I’ve always been a Dak supporter, but Coop is the better quarterback just as Pollard is the better HB. Chalk Zeke up as a financial loss already.

They’re not letting him loose because Kellen, front office, media, DIRECTV, 7-Eleven, Sleep Number and co are protecting their big money man.

Rush replacing Dak would be a no-brainer if it weren’t for money and politics. Dak was NFCE away from being a shift leader at Wendy’s.

Y’all butchered Romo for 1 playoff win in his first 7 years, but all of a sudden everybody wants to turn a blind eye and stay quiet when Dak does it?! I’m over him. Trade him and get a bunch of picks.
NO Likes, like minus 10000 and an ignore.

enjoy.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
zeke was Better

i mean this place make it Pollard Vs Zeke

game 1 pollard was bad, this game pollard bad, at least Zeke had better stats line catching then running course WASH loaded up to stop the run and challenged Rush..wil be the blueprint until Dak gets back. Rams and eagles will not allow us to win games like the last 3 weeks.we will need more offense.
Zeke is 37th in the league in yards per rush

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I agree, I hate when our fans and media always make it a competition. Just let them do what they're doing

I'm not convinced the people doing this are actually Cowboys fans.. and you can't really blamed the mediots.. talking about the Cowboys pays their bills.. drumming up controversy on the Cowboys pays their bonuses.

Loso86

Reaction score
I'm not convinced the people doing this are actually Cowboys fans.. and you can't really blamed the mediots.. talking about the Cowboys pays their bills.. drumming up controversy on the Cowboys pays their bonuses.
Agreed but that's just 1 reason why we ARE America's team

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Our starter i mean 2 games under 20 yards and under 2 YPC that the makings iof true blue chip starter :))

this is what i know

Daks>Rush I luv what rush is doi gits not enough if an NFL game becomes a shootout not that guy,
Elliott is the better starter > Pollard but both are needed they complement each other.
Gallup is underrated and Lamb can be a #1

just saying let tap the brakes, stay real we will be Better when those guys all stay together.

You got the part about Gallup being underrated right. I totally agree.

Gallup is my favorite player on the team. Guy is a beast. Ye shall see.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Zeke is 37th in the league in yards per rush

doesn't matter

ive seen the exact YPC by Emmit smith his entire career, they need carries, tts facts.,,.shall i pull up 22s history and show you he had only one 5YPC season and only 4-5, 4.5 YPC season and Many under 4.3 , finished his career that way and was never a payer with exceptional speed or burst..

you do get its pointless to compare a big blue-chip NFL 3 down back with smaller faster back. Its like comparing Brady/manning to Mahomes or Josh ALLEN , doesnt matter they do their jobs and Zeke has had many games now where hes been exactly what hes always been, the Cowboys changed the offense in 2019 zeke didn't get truly slower or less productive he went from 28-30 carries a game to 25 to 20 to now lucky if he gets 12-15 noiw. Im good with it but fans need to stop saying Pollard should be the starter HE SHOULD Not nor could he handle zekes play calls hes had 2 games under 2 YPC..

you do that with Emmitt same results.. sorry but the hate and criticism is ignorance to whom player is and not what you hope he is for your fantasy games.
Pollard ,Kamara and Mccafrey are different backs then those like Ingram, Emmitt, Zeke, Eddie George, frank gore, beast mode, the bus etc etc they need carries all game and they get better wear down defenses and eventually pop a few 20+ yarders.

Zeke got paid then they changed the offense not got paid and zeke changes. Get that through that closed up way of thinking.

that ES the all time leadign rusher on HOF team full of HOF coach's in a run first era that got fed big time.

yearly YPC

Career 4.2

apparently by your standards ES22 sucked!!that should be eye opening

IM betting go look at Zekes you will find similar if not better YPC averages. Ve done the research all the famous big time backs in Zekes size and frame all the same **** bro!
zekes i see the exact type YPC averges.. huh look like year 6-7 for 22 is about like zekes same in his years 6-7 BTW ES22 was always the hoghest paid back and held out twice..got legacy deal before he left was severely overpaid those last 4 years..
3.8 so far TBD incomplete 2022
Career 4.5 YPC

look at all those carries ES was getting to be who he was,.,
https://www.profootballhof.com/players/emmitt-smith/

Last edited:

RonnieT24

Reaction score
doesn't matter

ive seen the exact YPC by Emmit smith his entire career, they need carries, tts facts.,,.shall i pull up 22s history and show you he had only one 5YPC season and only 4-5, 4.5 YPC season and Many under 4.3 , finished his career that way and was never a payer with exceptional speed or burst..
look at all those carries ES was getting to be who he was,.,
https://www.profootballhof.com/players/emmitt-smith/

I will have to correct you here.. Emmitt never had exceptional top end speed but his short area burst and acceleration was second to none. Emmitt could go from 0 to 60 in the blink of an eye.. His issue was on the top end.. He had relatively raggedy running form and would tighten up after 25-30 yards.. You could see it as he ran his stride would actually start to get shorter and he would slow down .. Zeke is actually the opposite.. I believe he has better top end speed than Emmitt but nowhere near Emmitt's short area burst or acceleration. He is however a bigger, thicker build and can run through arm tackles (unless the arm belongs to Jonathan Allen or Darron Payne) and take defenders for a ride with regularity. But still.. as we've discussed before.. the Cowboys moved away from the offense that was built to take advantage of Zeke's skillset to this current nonsense. They have decided that they can win this way.. which has yet to be proven frankly. What has been proven is that being balanced wins for this team.. especially with a defense like this current one.. There is no excuse for not leaning on the running game and defense for this team.. and let the QB fill in as needed.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I will have to correct you here.. Emmitt never had exceptional top end speed but his short area burst and acceleration was second to none. Emmitt could go from 0 to 60 in the blink of an eye.. His issue was on the top end.. He had relatively raggedy running form and would tighten up after 25-30 yards.. You could see it as he ran his stride would actually start to get shorter and he would slow down .. Zeke is actually the opposite.. I believe he has better top end speed than Emmitt but nowhere near Emmitt's short area burst or acceleration. He is however a bigger, thicker build and can run through arm tackles (unless the arm belongs to Jonathan Allen or Darron Payne) and take defenders for a ride with regularity. But still.. as we've discussed before.. the Cowboys moved away from the offense that was built to take advantage of Zeke's skillset to this current nonsense. They have decided that they can win this way.. which has yet to be proven frankly. What has been proven is that being balanced wins for this team.. especially with a defense like this current one.. There is no excuse for not leaning on the running game and defense for this team.. and let the QB fill in as needed.
Point is the blame and hate have to stop , the Constant comps to Pollard vs Zeke..we need both here, very different BUT complimentary skillsets. even if zekes gone next year, I AM Not comfortable with pollard as my starter. Those are facts,

yup see the other comps like Kamara and Mcaffrey, how hard it s been for them to stay healthy and productive when over used?

trying to get that through the thick heads of fans who are ignorant to the fact that players are different and offer different skillset and all important to the team..all they see is YPC and that for sure not how you compare these players. Irony is Lamar and Allen are their teams leading rushers LOL, hey YPC matter right :)

But Daks better then Rush both needed obviously.
Zekes better as starter then pollard but pollards skills are Necessary for big play ability in this offense

blueblood70

Reaction score
IM saying, he never looked like Barry sanders or even Ricky waters with all the moves but still finished #1 all time because of his longevity and CARRIES, they fed him 250 plus carries every year no matter what but many years 300-350. i mean its like comparing the speed and burst of Chris Johnson to Earl Cambell. Ill take Cambell all day but rather have both on my team; Big and small, thunder and lightning.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
IM saying, he never looked like Barry sanders or even Ricky waters with all the moves but still finished #1 all time because of his longevity and CARRIES, they fed him 250 plus carries every year no matter what but many years 300-350. i mean its like comparing the speed and burst of Chris Johnson to Earl Cambell. Ill take Cambell all day but rather have both on my team; Big and small, thunder and lightning.

This idiotic practice of pitting our own players against one another is absolutely maddening. I will never understand what that's all about. Hating one of our own players? Why? I mean I could understand people hating T.O. when he was in town.. He was a hard guy to root for for me personally because I'd met him a couple of times when I lived in the Bay Area and dude was just a class a jerk to everyone he came in contact with. I mean I hated Jerry Rice and Ronnie Lott too as players but they were both class gentlemen every time I interacted with them. Ditto for Joe Montana, Brent Jones and Steve Young.. Some of the nicest human beings you'd ever want to be around. I had no problem telling them how much I hated their teams but I always respected them on the field.. LOL..

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
Man I've been getting bashed and called a zeke Homer for saying this. Pollard has really good games AND is a great Change of pace guy but he's not the guy to start and get beat up all game and stick his nose in to block
I was in the car listening to the radio broadcast. When pollard was brought in to be the personal protector on the punt team when Noah brown was out, the radio guys said, "Really? Let's see how this works out."

Loso86

Reaction score
I was in the car listening to the radio broadcast. When pollard was brought in to be the personal protector on the punt team when Noah brown was out, the radio guys said, "Really? Let's see how this works out."
Lol sad man