Pollard the Under The Radar Factor?

Techsass

Reaction score
I really like Pollard, but please let's not start thinking he's going to replace Zeke. That isn't going to happen. I don't care who the coach & OC are.

I think Pollard opens up a bunch of options for our offense & I hope we take every opportunity available to screw over the defense we're facing.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I'm really expecting Pollard to be used in the passing game to an increased degree in 2020.

The production he provided in that function last year certainly isn't likely to go unnoticed. ;)

It may not come in terms of serving as a WR but he'll perhaps do so as a RB or slot, though.
MM loves using his backs in the passing game..keep that in mind.Way back when, he loved using Ricky Watters in the slot at times. Telling ya, this offense will look much different.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
NO Zeke is not a fossil , hes not going to be phased out , he can also catch the ball, major threat in the pass game, can block better, and oh yes a great Tailback in the run game teams still have to account for..

I like pollard, has upside and potential but zekes not a one trick pony, therefore can be an asset in any Offense..just because the last staff forgot to use the RB in the pass game on regular basis doesnt mean EE cant still be a threat like 2018..

Pollard is not better then zekes , he will be a great backup to utilize in many ways, thats it..

Zeke has not progressed in the passing game since coming to Dallas. He was a better receiver at OSU. Hopefully MM can help.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I really like Pollard, but please let's not start thinking he's going to replace Zeke. That isn't going to happen. I don't care who the coach & OC are.

I think Pollard opens up a bunch of options for our offense & I hope we take every opportunity available to screw over the defense we're facing.
nope,not replace, but diversify the running game. Sorely been lacking til now.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I think MM will go with the hot hand depending on the scheme we are facing. SOMETIMES we will see more of pollard than Zeke...other times, more Zeke.We finally have a HC that's flexible and will adjust.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Zeke will have a defined role and as time goes, Pollard will too. In fact, at camp I expect MM to make it crystal clear what those roles are. This wont look like what we have been used to.Just get ready for it. Teams wont know how to stop us if we click out of the gate.

JBond

Reaction score
PFF gave him a better grade than Elliot. To be honest he just seems way more explosive, in Zeke's defense I doubt he could handle the volume, which typically end careers early like Zeke has.
Zeke is the power guy. Pollard is the explosive guy. Shame we over paid for a power back, but it is what it is.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Zeke is the power guy. Pollard is the explosive guy. Shame we over paid for a power back, but it is what it is.
Zeke has power and speed..but the issue has been his weight. Its been said hes dropped weight...so we shall see if its all bs or real. If he can be faster,that will add more for teams to defend.

Rayman70

Reaction score
around the goaline and short yardage is where he will earn his money. The oline has a lot to prove too. I'm not sold on them. We must address left guard and Tyrons health.

Rayman70

Reaction score
3 back sets aren't out of the question either btw...our FB, who's name I cannot pronounce lol..is also a weapon...but wasn't used at all. We need these guys to be on the field.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Will he be our jack of all trades and be lined up at wr? I feel he will be. In the NFL..the element of surprise in a new scheme and with a new mindset is key. How will teams defend us when we have you spread out? lol?Its pick your poison. Each skill guy we have can take it to the house..but Pollard is like Marshall Faulk..you better know where that guy is at all times. HELPS OUT EVERYONE on offense. CEE DEE will be great,but Pollard will be the X FACTOR THAT MAKES IT ALL WORK. Zeke may find himself phased out unless he finds a niche in short yardage and goal line. THOUGHTS?

Pollard power!!!
one of Jerry's great finds!

Rayman70

Reaction score
Me too. But out of the backfield he can nudge a linebacker out of position and go for the ball.
this^ or from the slot on slants...quick hitters. Timing throws..two step drop, then bang throw it. All about getting the ball out quickly on time. Dak is really accurate on those short routes.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Thread of the day!
This Pollard is a monster running or catching the ball. Boggles the mind what he could do downfield with the ball!

Rayman70

Reaction score
Thread of the day!
This Pollard is a monster running or catching the ball. Boggles the mind what he could do downfield with the ball!
and we barely scratched the surface with what he can do. Whats crazy is, he's much better than first thought between the tackles. Pretty tough for a slight built guy. Reminds me also of Ty Montgomery but with monster skills and is tougher.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
and we barely scratched the surface with what he can do. Whats crazy is, he's much better than first thought between the tackles. Pretty tough for a slight built guy. Reminds me also of Ty Montgomery but with monster skills and is tougher.

Don't rev me up any more than I am about Pollatd, matey!!
With him the potential is unlimited!

I like that Ma Caa will look at him with new eyes, another reason to be hopeful!

Rayman70

Reaction score
Dont know if we will use alot of 4 WR sets. Will likely be mostly 11 personel. I do think in 4 WR set you may see more of him or Jarwin wide than you will a WR on the depth chart.

Good chance he remains a backup basically. Should still get 400-500 yards rushing and 100 or 200 recieving if thats the case
He will have a monster year in this scheme.

Flamma

Reaction score
If we want our best possible offense he should see 50% of RB snaps

He's never going to see 50% of the snaps as a RB. If they use him as a WR then maybe.

Dont know if we will use alot of 4 WR sets. Will likely be mostly 11 personel. I do think in 4 WR set you may see more of him or Jarwin wide than you will a WR on the depth chart.

If they do use a lot of 11 personnel will it be under center? Play action to Zeke from that set would be very nice. From shotgun, not so much.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Will he be our jack of all trades and be lined up at wr? I feel he will be. In the NFL..the element of surprise in a new scheme and with a new mindset is key. How will teams defend us when we have you spread out? lol?Its pick your poison. Each skill guy we have can take it to the house..but Pollard is like Marshall Faulk..you better know where that guy is at all times. HELPS OUT EVERYONE on offense. CEE DEE will be great,but Pollard will be the X FACTOR THAT MAKES IT ALL WORK. Zeke may find himself phased out unless he finds a niche in short yardage and goal line. THOUGHTS?
He can be and maybe used now that JG is gone. Let’s see if MM allows Moore to be inventive. The first 3 games last season I thought our Offense looked good. Lots of motion and things. I know, I know those teams were lesser teams. Just seemed that as soon as we went against better teams that JG had him calling more conservative stuff.