Poor officiating cost Hawks fair chance

gbrittain

Reaction score
wood28 said:
I know and agree, but dont tellme Pittsburgh was clearly they better team .. no way!

I guess we will just have to disagree.

The AFC is clearly a better conference right now than the NFC.

Pittsburgh took care of Cincy, Indy, and Denver on the road.

Seattle beat Wash, and Carolina and lost to Pittsburgh. Big whoop as far as I am concerned.

sad_otter

Reaction score
gbrittain said:
Jeramy Stevens the Seahawks TE had a clear fumble which was called an incomplete pass.

No conspiracy, I am sorry to say. Pittsburgh was clearly they better team, and yes I wanted Seattle to win.

That ball rolled out of bounds, no? So, Seattle 1st down at the 10 if it's called a fumble?

wood28

Reaction score
gbrittain said:
I guess we will just have to disagree.

The AFC is clearly a better conference right now than the NFC.

Pittsburgh took care of Cincy, Indy, and Denver on the road.

Seattle beat Wash, and Carolina and lost to Pittsburgh. Big whoop as far as I am concerned.

the seahawks did not play against Cincy or Denver .... how you know if they are better or worse? by the way they win vs Indy. thats no sense to me

Derinyar

Reaction score
I'd say what it came down to is this, the Steelers gadget plays worked, and worked well.

Pittsburg only really drove the ball once, in the way people want to credit them with being able to.

I saw a match between two very even teams decided by about 5 plays. Yes, penalties had a huge effect on the outcome of this game, but one should expect that in a close football game.

punchnjudy

Reaction score
Nobody here is a Seattle fan. It doesn't matter how good a team they are or how many mistakes they made. The bottom line is that in its biggest game of the season the NFL officiating crew looked like they belong in pop warner. That's not just the reaction here - from what I've seen on the net and heard on the radio, that's pretty much the reaction nationwide.

Also, say what you want about Seattle's ineptitude/missed opportunities/blah blah blah...let the Cowboys receive that many "breaks" from the zebras and I'll bet heavily on them against any team in the league. period. To my eyes, Pittsburgh looked every bit as unimpressive as Seattle. Overall, they had as much or more trouble moving the ball as Seattle and their QB was anything but super. The only difference was their big plays weren't called back.

ratpower

Reaction score
Horrible officiating. The non-hold by the tackle, the ghost hold on special teams, the TD taken away, the TD that never was, the personal foul against Hasselback for tackling the ball carrier???....does anyone else see a pattern?

It took the fun out of the game and made it painful to watch...

wood28

Reaction score
seriously I think that this was the worse and more shameful sb that I have seen.

SacredStar

Reaction score
maxsports said:
The field goal should have been a touch down. I could not believe the ref called the offensive pass interference. I have seen push offs much more obvious that didn't get called. Right there, if the Seahawks score a touchdoen you never know what the difference might have been.

Basically, if you watch the replays, he had to push off to gain some separation because he was being mugged. That ref could have called PI on the DB seconds before he called PI on the WR. The ref chose to charge the offense instead of the defense. It's sad, but sometimes things go that way.

There is a petition going around about the officiating in the league being biased all season long. I am in no way associated with this but if anyone wants to sign it, heres the url......

http://www.petitiononline.com/nfl12006/petition.html

It was probably started by a Commander fan.;)