Porter was right...

Ring Leader

Reaction score
Jeremy Stephens is not only soft but clueless. Yes he did catch a TD (barely and awkwardly) but he dropped 4-5 extremely important balls as well, costing Seattle 6-14 points.

He did finally catch another one at the end of the game....but forgot to get out of bounds, which virtually killed any possibility of a miracle comeback.

With all of the attention he got this week from his comments you would have thought he would have been a little more motivated than what he displayed on the field today.

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
he had a very pathetic game and i believe he juggled the TD pass before he secured it which was a easy ball to catch

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
That was basically the scouting report on Stevens when he came out of the Univ of Washington. Head case, character issues. It's no revelation that Stevens isn't the brightest bulb in the chandelier.

Natedawg44

Reaction score
Porter was pretty damn clueless as well. THREE FRICKING TACKLES after talking all that smack. Casey Hampton had more of an impact on the game than he did and he hasn't had a sack in 3 years!!!

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Porter was yapping at Stevens after the last play. Stevens should have punched him in the nuts.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
He had the look of a boxer that talks a lot of smack at press conferences, but gets embarrased in the whole fight before finally getting KOed in the final round.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
i'm just sad that porter isn't crying right now

Reaction score
That fool let Jerry Porter talk him out of the game, and I think he got scared. Jason Witten would have caught those balls and we all know Novacek's history in Superbowls.

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80 said:
That fool let Jerry Porter talk him out of the game, and I think he got scared. Jason Witten would have caught those balls and we all know Novacek's history in Superbowls.

Jerry Porter is a WR for the Raiders.

crazytown41

Reaction score
I think Steven's officially dropped 3. He had one great catch but was called back from the phantom holding.

As for the final play. I can't blame him on that. *** is Hasselbeck throwing it to him for a 2yd gain? Kick the FG and pray for te onside.

Porter didn't do much either. He was getting owned by W.Jones.

So all that trash talking and neither player did much.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
After the Indy game Porter said the Refs tried to take the game away from them. I bet you 20 bucks he won't say anything about last night's officiating job.

Sasquatch

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
CaptainAmerica said:
That was basically the scouting report on Stevens when he came out of the Univ of Washington. Head case, character issues. It's no revelation that Stevens isn't the brightest bulb in the chandelier.

Bingo! It's only his extraordinary physical gifts that have gotten him this far.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
Hostile said:
After the Indy game Porter said the Refs tried to take the game away from them. I bet you 20 bucks he won't say anything about last night's officiating job.

Yeah really. That got to be almost close to like a Pre-season type of game officiating. Way too one sided to not to have legitimate conspiracy type of talk.

I don't know what they will do about officiating, but starting with Mike Periera, whole Officiating team in NFL should be replaced. I mean, probably a Pop Warner game could have been better officated than the whole season worth of officating blunders.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
The Cowboys have 3x the tight end and they didn't have to give up a 1st round draft pick to get him. (They also didn't have to wait until the end of his contract before he started showing up. ;) )

trueblue1687

Reaction score
Like some have said in this thread, stevens performance is not a shock. Porter on the other hand got his a** handed to him. I didn't see much of anything out of him or the great Polumalu to impress me. In fact, I would go so far as to say they were non-factors. Polumalu looked lost on running plays...noticed Alexander go by him to the outside like he was sitting still. Maybe that ankle was a little more tweeked than he let on.

Derinyar

Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
The Cowboys have 3x the tight end and they didn't have to give up a 1st round draft pick to get him. (They also didn't have to wait until the end of his contract before he started showing up. ;) )
Well thats why one should think about character as well as talent, unless the talent is so dominant. Theres been very few TE's in the history of the NFL with a huge enough talent to over look character problems.

Still have to love that Witten slid as far as he did. We ended up with a top 5 TE in the league for a 3rd rounder.

That was a pretty good draft that year.