Portis Comment about his fine for the color of his socks.

TheKey

Faster than Felix
Reaction score
Referring to the fine for color of socks:

"I think that is a stupid fine for the simple fact that they want everybody to be the same," Portis said. "This is an individual game, you know".

:sshhh: :skins:

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
TheKey said:
Referring to the fine for color of socks:

"I think that is a stupid fine for the simple fact that they want everybody to be the same," Portis said. "This is an individual game, you know".

:sshhh: :skins:

This guy doesn't plow the whole 40 acres if ya know what I mean.

Quicksilver

Benched
Reaction score
Anyone ever hear Portis speak?

The guy even flunked ebonics.

If this is the kind of academics the University Of Miami is turning out, they should be shut down

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Quicksilver said:

If this is the kind of academics the University Of Miami is turning out, they should be shut down
Academics and the Univ of Miami don't belong in the same sentence.

Everlastingxxx

All Star
Reaction score
I kindof like his new socks.

portis.jpg

GTaylor

Gif Dude
Reaction score
Quicksilver said:

And here's the kicker - U.Miami is a private school!

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Just when you think people can't get any dumber...

Along comes Clinton Portis.

KINGBRICE_28

Reaction score
#1 Wonder bread doesn't make you run fast it's tooties rolls:D

#2 If gibbs would've noticed those socks I doubt he would of let him wear them

#3 Many players come from low income, low education families. To make fun of someones education that grew up in the projects is unfair. Personally I grew up is a neighborhood where I was the only "white" guy for 8 blocks. I had great parents that made me realize that there is life outside the projects. Portis may not of had the breaks I did and his life revolved around football. Some define intelligence as you ability to adapt to your surroundings. I overcame adveristy and so did he. Regardless of his intelligence he's a good guy so lets not make fun of something that he was predisposed to fail in.

Sorry for straying a little...... :)

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
KINGBRICE_28 said:
#1 Wonder bread doesn't make you run fast it's tooties rolls:D
When I was young it was Wheaties because of Bruce Jenner...besides tootsie rolls just make you constipated, gums up the works lol.

#3 Many players come from low income, low education families. To make fun of someones education that grew up in the projects is unfair. Personally I grew up is a neighborhood where I was the only "white" guy for 8 blocks. I had great parents that made me realize that there is life outside the projects. Portis may not of had the breaks I did and his life revolved around football. Some define intelligence as you ability to adapt to your surroundings. I overcame adveristy and so did he. Regardless of his intelligence he's a good guy so lets not make fun of something that he was predisposed to fail in.
Has nothing to do with that IMO....he was accepted and was passing (or he would not have played) in a major University.
Hence making fun of the university and it's seeminly inability to teach or the idea that they just do not care what so ever as long as the guy plays football.
Now this is not just a concept of Miami...but it does seem like some of the players for miami have that reputation more then other schools.

Sorry for straying a little...... :)[/QUOTE]

1fisher

Reaction score
what do ebonics mean..........LOL......... :skins: :iggles: :skins: :iggles: :skins: