Portis was not 100%

burmafrd

Reaction score
At best maybe 90% so I would NOT exactly be giving great KUDO's to the run D. They did OK, but I question how good they would have been if he had been 100%. I still think we are weak up the middle and we HAVE to find a solution before we play the giants again.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
burmafrd;2424813 said:
At best maybe 90% so I would NOT exactly be giving great KUDO's to the run D. They did OK, but I question how good they would have been if he had been 100%. I still think we are weak up the middle and we HAVE to find a solution before we play the giants again.

Commanders fan are ya?

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Run defense should have held an injured Portis to negative yardage.

zeroburrito

Reaction score
i find it odd that he could hardly walk friday, and said that even if this was the superbowl, he would not play. he didnt look gimpy AT ALL. total misdirection(or misinformation).

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
zeroburrito;2424828 said:
i find it odd that he could hardly walk friday, and said that even if this was the superbowl, he would not play. he didnt look gimpy AT ALL.

Better living through chemistry...

Zman5

Reaction score
zeroburrito;2424828 said:
i find it odd that he could hardly walk friday, and said that even if this was the superbowl, he would not play. he didnt look gimpy AT ALL. total misdirection(or misinformation).

Even John Riggins was saying the same thing.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Portis did WAY too much talking during the week talking about how bad he felt for it to be accurate.

burmafrd

Reaction score
I watched enough to say that he was NOT 100%. His quickness was not there; and some of his power was missing as well. The skins O line opened some holes as well. So frankly I do NOT join in the acclaim about the D as regards the running game.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I'm calling bs. If he wasn't healthy enough to play he shouldn't have been playing. He looked like the same ol' Betts to me. And 15 carries for 68 yards isn't bum status. That's pretty good. I'm just glad the defense made stops and even if he was or wasn't healthy the defense would've stopped him tonight regardless. Give it up to the defense for alllowing 1 td. I don't care if it was against the Commanders or the worst team in the league. They dealt with bad field position for the majority of the game and still only had 10 points scored against them and none in the 2nd half. The defense deserves all the praise it gets this week.

I don't want to hear that injury garbage. No one said anything about Newman being hurt in the 1st meeting.

Woods

Reaction score
I would have loved to have seen Felix Jones run some of those outside toss running plays versus the Commanders had he been healthy.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Other then their opening drive the run defense was fantastic and our front 7 dominated the LOS that is the more telling fact. Washington controlled us in the trenches the last 2 times we played them, that wasnt the case this week.

icyhot

Reaction score
burmafrd;2424813 said:
Were you saying the same thing the last weeks when we had alot of players out?

burmafrd

Reaction score
I have been saying the same thing for the last MONTH. Portis was not at full strength- can you imagine Jacobs?

Mansta54

Reaction score
burmafrd;2424813 said:

What a ridiculous post.. :lmao2:

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
burmafrd;2424813 said:

so what if he wasnt 100%? Was Romo 100%? Was Newman 100%? Was Kosier? Did Felix Jones play? Did SS Roy Williams play?

burmafrd

Reaction score
Wow. You don't get it do you? Our Run D is going to have to get better if we are going for it all. the Giants will hurt us bad if we do not get better there.

EndGame

Reaction score
No, he wasn't 100%. I noticed him having trouble getting up, and a couple of times I noticed a mild limp. With that said, Tony Romo was no better than 75% and we were missing half of our runningback duo. Dallas fans know all about injuries this season, and no one can make us feel bad about another team's problems.