Portis was not 100%

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
zeroburrito;2424828 said:
i find it odd that he could hardly walk friday, and said that even if this was the superbowl, he would not play. he didnt look gimpy AT ALL. total misdirection(or misinformation).

You are 100% correct. Some people believe everything they read. That info on Portis coming from the Commanders themselves is surely believable. :rolleyes:

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
After the first drive, Portis had one run for 20, which was an outside run, and one for 10 up the middle. Other than that, his other 8 carries were for 9 yards.

Betts and Alexander had 1 for 1 each.

After the first drive, the Commanders were unable to sustain anything on the ground. I'm not sure what game you were watching.

burmafrd

Reaction score
We did better then we have but NOT GOOD ENOUGH when we face the Giants.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
If you play you don't get the benefit of an injury excuse, you either play or stay.

bleedin' blue

Reaction score
Every team gets beat by Jacobs!It's not that they aren't any good(see Pittsburg)...
He is just an absolute BEAST!!!

HoosierCowboy

Put Pearson in the HOF
Reaction score
yes Portis was not 100%--he was about 88.987% but Newman was only 97.245 and the rest of the defense was at about 91.333 so if you factor in the wind and Moss being a little over 101%...blah, blah, blah

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
burmafrd;2424813 said:
At best maybe 90% so I would NOT exactly be giving great KUDO's to the run D. They did OK, but I question how good they would have been if he had been 100%. I still think we are weak up the middle and we HAVE to find a solution before we play the giants again.

Mansta54;2424909 said:
What a ridiculous post.. :lmao2:

It truly is a ridiculous post.

We just won a "had-to" game, against a divisional opponent, (who has beaten us several times lately), on the road, with our backs to the wall, ... and this is all he can think about ???

All he got coming out of that game was, is Portis at 89%, 94%, 91% ?? :laugh2:

Every game is different, every matchup is different.
If Portis was at 100% or not is none of our concern. We gear up to stop whoever has the ball when the play starts.

We still have 3 extrememly tough, important games to play before we even think about Jacobs/giants.

If 'burma' is not happy after this win, I feel bad for him, he may never be happy.

:skins:

Ichill2

Reaction score
Terrance Newman was not a 100% in the first matchup at Texas Stadium. Could that be why Moss was so effective? Yes. Don't make excuses. What if Newman was healthy in the first game? Injuries are a part of the game. You still have to win or lose. Big Win for the boys!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
burmafrd;2424813 said:
At best maybe 90% so I would NOT exactly be giving great KUDO's to the run D. They did OK, but I question how good they would have been if he had been 100%. I still think we are weak up the middle and we HAVE to find a solution before we play the giants again.

I would, I would give the defense a lot of credit they went in and played physical football. As for the Commanders injury of Portis who cares no one ever gives Dallas that excuse so why give it to others. Portis played as did Betts and Dallas did the job. Dallas held the Skins to 0 points in the 2nd half and 28 yards in the 4th qrt.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
burmafrd;2424858 said:
I watched enough to say that he was NOT 100%. His quickness was not there; and some of his power was missing as well. The skins O line opened some holes as well. So frankly I do NOT join in the acclaim about the D as regards the running game.

Could it be that due to the Cowboys D-line that Portis looked slow? Or was missing his power? Clinton had to adjust his downhill running because the Cowboys played him much better than he probably expected us to.

Portis wasn't able to pick his hole, or find cutback lanes like he did last time. No! What you saw was a Cowboys defense that swarmed him for the most part, and didn't let him gash us for his usual 6 to 7 yards a pop.

And I too find it rather funny that all this talk about how Portis didn't practice, and was considered a game time decision, came out looking just fine. He probably pulled a Plaxico and just didn't want to practice period. Instead, playing the hurt role all week, hoping to have a big game against his division rival, and chalking it up to himself being a hero for his Foreskins. Busted!

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Brandon Jacobs will be a problem for us.

From here on out we need to pretty much "sell out" to stop the run.

We have such a GREAT corner in Newman. Scandrick is pretty good. Maybe Pac comes back.

The trade off... possible give up big play once in a while(and get the defense off the field)

OR

get gouged by running game and have our defense wear down.

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
burmafrd;2424813 said:

He suited up so he was good to play, if he could'nt have played he should stayed on the sideline. The defense contained him and did a great job all night.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Portis wasn't 100% but he was more than good enough to play, and be effective at times, and the Defense did a much better job against him, and the Skins running game in general, then they did the first time around.