CFZ Position Flex: Sam Williams Will Probably Play Similar Role to Parsons

fivetwos

Reaction score
I'm sorry I replied to the wrong person when I responded to this.

Thing is, I don't know. Some say yes, some say no.. I tend to say no. But I really don't know. lol

If he's back in 2023, this is who we get.

Yep. I figure he will be redshirted for 2022. A lot of things probably have to go wrong for him to suit up for the coming season.

But man I'd LOVE to see that guy as part of the defense NOW. That could make me get over not getting Wagner much more easily lol.

Then again if he wasnt injured we wouldn't have him.

I'm tremendously excited about the defense. I forgot what it was like to trust a coach. Quinn is the best football mind in the entire building.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Yep. I figure he will be redshirted for 2022. A lot of things probably have to go wrong for him to suit up for the coming season.

But man I'd LOVE to see that guy as part of the defense NOW. That could make me get over not getting Wagner much more easily lol.

Then again if he wasnt injured we wouldn't have him.

I'm tremendously excited about the defense. I forgot what it was like to trust a coach. Quinn is the best football mind in the entire building.

I'm really excited about this defense too. Dan Quinn is human, like Kellen Moore. But, yes, I do like him a lot. He's very talented.

conner01

Reaction score
I was thinking something similar the other day. If Williams can drop back to play some sort of hybrid LB, and Parson on the field. The offense may not always be aware where the pass is coming from.
Does Quinn utilize a LB such as what Haley was used for, they called it the Elephant position. Maybe Quinn calls it the Parsons. :laugh:. I don't know.

I read an article, that said Fowler is similar to Gregory in his build and style. So can Quinn make him productive again as well.

I look for the defense to be better, but they still need to be better against the run. Seems they tried to address this, but did they. No FA, no top draft pick to help. At DT that is. Relying on a huge jump from 1st, 2nd and 3rd year players. And a few salty vets.
Zone defense isn’t too hard to learn
With his athletic ability I think he could easy play some in coverage, especially in zone
The idea you can stack the dline with pass rushers, forcing the oline to guess who’s coming, if not all of them, really puts pressure on an oline and could get some free runners at the QB. These guys can fly so either of them free running at a QB is certainly going to disrupt the play even if not a sack