Position of Greatest Need for 1st Round Pick

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
If we resign Colombo then we take the best safety left at our pick. If a CB, OL, or any other just can't pass on this player drops into our laps then of course we take him. That probably won't happen and we'll take the best safety or even best DB available.

That is the only critical need at present on the team. That's assuming Colombo is resigned and someone decent is set at RG.

austintodallas

Consider Yourself Sucked
Reaction score
Ok, I guess I should chime in since I started thread.

While I would love to have Blalock (Hook 'Em), I think we would be better served to go with the best CB available in the 1st... either Hall, Revis, or Hughes (in that order). We would then have the flexability to move Henry to safety while letting Watkins continue to mature.

If we don't address RG in free agency to replace Rivera, I think we could still snag a nice one in the 2nd like a Ben Grubbs.

roy31

Reaction score
They should stick to BPA and not reach for a need. This year we'll find out if the draft picks were Ireland or Parcells.

Spectre

Reaction score
Apparently no one seems to realize that we run a 3-4 with only 1 (aging) NT on the roster.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
wow....just wow

there are 43 people right now that I am damn glad dont run the Cowboys draft

David

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
i say if a DT like amobi okoye or a S like reggie nelson falls to us, i think we have to pull the trigger...if both those guys are gone, i say we NEED to go CB...a WR in the first round would be unnecessary due to how deep the WR class is this year...if aaron ross and leon hall are both gone (which i highly doubt), i see us trading down in the 2nd round and pickin up a guard like ben grubbs, but i doubt ross AND hall will be gone

Deputy493

Reaction score
wayne_motley;1388717 said:
The highest rated player at WR or OL

how about the highest rated player period?

It would be dumb if we take the highest rated WR or OL if they are ranked in the 30's on your big board if a FS or another position is ranked 12th.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;1388859 said:
You realize they averaged 26.6 ppg last year, right? The team needs a guard cuz Rivera has a back that could shatter at any time, but even with him, the 'boys were able to score.

Yep, that's where I got that number.:D Replacing Rivera would essentially guarantee those points every game, and potentially more..