Position RB

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I would have liked to have added a running back in the draft. As much as I want to believe in Zeke, I believe he might have lost something. If given a chance I think Pollard is the better running back for our offense because of his speed.

Jipper

Reaction score
I would have liked to have added a running back in the draft. As much as I want to believe in Zeke, I believe he might have lost something. If given a chance I think Pollard is the better running back for our offense because of his speed.

Yah he lost something last year...he lost dak and the majority of the line...with dak back healthy and a solid line he will be well over 1500 and 13 to 15 tds

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Typically a one two punch at RB, would have your backup being faster and more elusive than your starter. Zeke and Pollard are a great one and two tandem. But I can't help myself when thinking about Dowdle and Hardy. I truly believe these two guys could be a better one, two punch than Zeke and Pollard.
It sounds crazy, but Dowdle and Hardy are both high energy thumpers. Pollard plays with a lot of energy but he's not a thumper. Zeke is a thumper but his effort his sometimes lacking.

Just voicing my opinion. I don't need anyone to agree with me, JFYI.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
2020 Zeke is the equivalent of 2016 Dez. People wanted to think that both of their seasons were just an aberration, when they were the early signs of breakdown and the first part of a terminal decline.

I'm not upset about not drafting a back though, we've got a couple UDFAs running around who are pretty much the equivalent of any 5th round pick on.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
2020 Zeke is the equivalent of 2016 Dez. People wanted to think that both of their seasons were just an aberration, when they were the early signs of breakdown and the first part of a terminal decline.

I'm not upset about not drafting a back though, we've got a couple UDFAs running around who are pretty much the equivalent of any 5th round pick on.
Emmitt couldn’t run behind that line last year.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Highest paid running back in the game and cost us at least three games last season with Dak on the field for two of those games but ok.:rolleyes::facepalm: You can make the same argument for Jaylon in defense.
Sad but true. ^^^

Love watching Zeke working out hard on his game this offseason, ...

...but ...

He is still carrying that football with one arm away from his body like a loaf of bread. Ugh!

Big NO NO. He needs to fix that ASAP, or he's going to continue getting that football stripped away from him.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Sad but true. ^^^

...but ...

He is still carrying that football with one arm away from his body like a loaf of bread. Ugh!

Big NO NO. He needs to fix that ASAP, or he's going to continue getting that football stripped away from him.
Zeke doesnt improve on holding onto the ball this offseason, then there is more fuel to the fire for his exit ASATCAI as soon as the cap allows it.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Our offense doesn't lack speed. Actually I'd probably say in order to keep our defense off the field.......a more bruiser type of back is probably more suited for it then a speed scat back.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Highest paid running back in the game and cost us at least three games last season with Dak on the field for two of those games but ok.:rolleyes::facepalm: You can make the same argument for Jaylon in defense.
Yeah....that sounds great in theory but neither Zeke or Jaylon cost us games last year lol....this team was a collective cluster F....

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Sad but true. ^^^

...but ...

He changed the way he was holding the ball last year. In those fumbled games he had one finger on top of the ball. After those fumbled games he spit his fingers across the top of the ball. So he changed the way he held the ball to a Dalton Shultz type hold. It helped out as the season went on, too.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
He changed the way he was holding the ball last year. In those fumbled games he had one finger on top of the ball. After those fumbled games he spit his fingers across the top of the ball. So he changed the way he held the ball to a Dalton Shultz type hold. It helped out as the season went on, too.
I dont care if he needs a sixth finger sewn on,, you get that contract you better not be having this issue,,, just pay for that sixth finger Zeke,, not like you cant afford it. Is there a rule about adding a sixth finger?

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
I dont care if he needs a sixth finger sewn on,, you get that contract you better not be having this issue,,, just pay for that sixth finger Zeke,, not like you cant afford it. Is there a rule about adding a sixth finger?
That sixth finger still won't break his bad habit of carrying the ball away from his body. He needs to be benched for fumbling, so the coaches can show him how important it is to body the ball. Changing the way he held the ball helped but he still could be more careful.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Yah he lost something last year...he lost dak and the majority of the line...with dak back healthy and a solid line he will be well over 1500 and 13 to 15 tds

It is a point, but the question then turns to “When was the last time he had that?” Because the last time he flirted with the numbers you’re hoping for was 5 years ago now.

1600, then 980 (albeit suspended), then 1300, then 1400, now 900, and then more than 7 Rushing TDs only once in the last 4 years... Zeke can still play, no one is disputing that, but maybe it’s the offense that’s passed him by as you haven’t been “run 1st, 2nd, and 3rd down” for awhile now... especially because of Dak.

With 3 receivers who are all hoping for 1000 yard seasons and a QB looking to prove he’s worth 40m$, I don’t know if it’s a team anymore than needs a 15m$ RB.