Positive tweet on Gregory

lukin2006

Reaction score
Somebody heard something. I just hope it wasn’t a drug test he failed. But I think he has that habit kicked. Maybe his remarks about the NFL mental health program?

It appears only 1 person claims to have heard something...that's why this story is unbelievable...

millennial_legend

Reaction score
I'm hearing things are not over for Mara.
I dated a girl in college named Mara Snyder. She was pretty and a musician and a health nut, obsessed with buying everything organic or at Whole Foods. Thin, fit, somewhat tall, and had lovely long blonde-brunette locks. I didn't care for her cigarette habit, though.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Right. That's what I was thinking. For the first time he looked like he had a bull rush, it wasn't only his quick finesse moves at work. This leads me to believe he'll be a force against the run (not quite like DLaw, but close) as well as the pass.

Also, if the Cowboys thought it might be PEDs, they still would have played him with the 1's in view of a possible 4 game suspension. If they thought it was illegal stuff again... they might play him the second half the next two games and finally let him go and wish him the best in life.
Also why JJ said he fully expects him in the field week 1. If it’s PED it’s 4 games but with appeals he would be elligible week 1 and maybe week 2. If it’s weed then they wouldn’t waste there time I don’t think. I would still play him in regular season if he was elligible either way. Get what you can from him and send him home.

millennial_legend

Reaction score
Also why JJ said he fully expects him in the field week 1. If it’s PED it’s 4 games but with appeals he would be elligible week 1 and maybe week 2. If it’s weed then they wouldn’t waste there time I don’t think. I would still play him in regular season if he was elligible either way. Get what you can from him and send him home.
Correct, with appeals (for the PED case, not the weed case) he'd be eligible to play until 21 days after the announcement of appeals, which would take him through the end of week 2. He'd miss weeks 3-6 and return week 7. We'd only miss both he and Irving for 2 weeks, and hope Dlaw balls out like crazy those two games.

But I strongly disagree with your last statement. Playing a sitting duck with 0% chance to help the team moving forward is stupid and stunts the growth of guys who might actually help the team, i.e. Charlton and Armstrong.

glimmerman

Reaction score
It appears only 1 person claims to have heard something...that's why this story is unbelievable...
I don’t know this person, guessing he is a reporter. If he is the only one he maybe just trying to get attention.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
Over the years I've just learned to not take JJT seriously.

It's probably just a me problem but I find him not likeable.
Your not alone. He is a jerk. I had a back and forth with him on twitter about Dak, and it essentially ended with him telling me that I was not qualified to have an opinion, and because he is in the media he can never be wrong. Then he blocked me.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
We should be allowed to throw rotten fruits and vegetables at Jason La Canfora in the town center.
Great point and seriously, IF his tweet turns out not to have any merit he should be fired from whatever job he has. I’m pulling for Gregory because we all have warts and he seems to be really focused on doing the right things. No doubt though, it is a day to day process. Hey, maybe Garrett’s “It’s a process” mantra will help Gregory out?

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Ok can we get this straight... Gregory criticized the NFL mental policy, fact. Tested positive for THC? No proof. Criticizing the NFL mental health policy isn't particularly smart but hardly corporal punishment. Come in off the ledge folks

Sydla

Reaction score
Great point and seriously, IF his tweet turns out not to have any merit he should be fired from whatever job he has. I’m pulling for Gregory because we all have warts and he seems to be really focused on doing the right things. No doubt though, it is a day to day process. Hey, maybe Garrett’s “It’s a process” mantra will help Gregory out?

He's been caught before acting like a schmuck/lying on twitter.

He's one of the worst out there.

Colombiacowboy

Reaction score
Correct, with appeals (for the PED case, not the weed case) he'd be eligible to play until 21 days after the announcement of appeals, which would take him through the end of week 2. He'd miss weeks 3-6 and return week 7. We'd only miss both he and Irving for 2 weeks, and hope Dlaw balls out like crazy those two games.

But I strongly disagree with your last statement. Playing a sitting duck with 0% chance to help the team moving forward is stupid and stunts the growth of guys who might actually help the team, i.e. Charlton and Armstrong.

Only Cowboys fans think like this...we have to make sure our suspended players are spaced out enough so that we can survive. As much credit this admin has received for their draft success, I wonder if they can't improve a bit in investigating possible problems with illegal substances?

glimmerman

Reaction score

I only say play him because of the possibility with our Offense having new and unproven WR and TE that they may struggle for a few weeks to get timing and continuity thus not putting a lot of points on the board. We will need all hands on deck and the best players playing on Defense to hold the opposing team. And it gets us closer to Irving back from suspension. Taco and Armstrong will still get reps.

Wood

Reaction score
Or just delete the tweet.

he is past that point. Everyone on twitter was questioning his journalism (he is national reporter btw). He either needs to back it up or he is toast on twitter. Dallas morning radio show tried having him on and he said he was busy with meetings, lol.