Positives

cowboys19

Reaction score
1) TO, made plays for the offense. He was also open 3 or 4 times down the field, that Bledsoe wasent able to find him.

2)T-New, im sure some might disagree, but what did he give up exactly? off the top of my head im guessing he gave up 3 or 4 catches, for around 60-70 yards. he also defended 2 passes in the end-zone am i correct?:D
Not bad considering he was giving up 5-6 inches to the WR's.

3)Mcbriar, was excellent. 50+ punt average.

4)Gurode, i thought he played pretty damn well

5) Barber had a great run on the 4th and 1, was suprised not to see him more.

6) Punt and Kickoff coverage units. Superb

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Nice sentiment brah but dont expect much play from thinking positive here for awhile.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
It's always good to note the positives . We'll be all right

JaiRiid

Reaction score
i didn't watch the line that much but not many sacks were given up in protection so that was definately a positive...

i do need to give kyle kosier a little bit of credit though for the 17-yard run julius had during the game where he did a nice job of pulling and setting a block that made the play work...

run blocking overall was just so-so though... i just need to give kosier a positive because I haven't heard much from him since acquiring him.

Number82

No Helmet; No Problem
Reaction score
I thought the line played exceptionally well. Or, atleast, much much better than we thought it would. I was happy with the O-line and the play of our recievers. BUT, that was it. Our running backs made some decent plays, but nothing that I thought was that spectactular. I'm not even gonna go into the QB issue, cuz by my sig, you can see where I stand and there's like 12 topics on it already. Also, on a positive note, I thought Watkins looked pretty decent in his 1st regular season NFL start.

cowboys19

Reaction score
I didnt hear Watkins name much, im hoping thats a good thing.

Only thing im worried about is he lacks that special instinct that some have, you know a nose for the football. Im not sure if that can be taught.

Maybe he is just a little nervous, hopefully the next few games he will a little more of an impact
JMHO

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Watkins was late on at least one pass completion, which is too be expected, there were probably more

BlueStar22

Reaction score
yeah watkins was late at least one time I saw. i'm going to watch this atrocity again tomorrow when I get home to look for a few more positives.

cowboys19

Reaction score
Ill say this about Watkins tho, from watching him in college, in pre-season and today, he is a very good tackler. Wasent sure if he could tackle like he did in college. but he is good at this. Mainly due to his huge wingspan

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
I have played everything back in my head....

1 p[ositive, and 1 only.....

Only 15 more games played not to lose instead of to win, until Bill Parcell's retires and takes his playbook with him.

This team has no killer instinct at all, that stems from the coaching staff.....top to bottom....bunch of spineless cowards.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Positive: We're one step closer to another Bledsoe meltdown and - FINALLY - the opportunity to see if someone - hint, hint Romo - can take this franchise further than Bledsoe ever will.

So I can't be too upset with this loss. ;)

cowboys19

Reaction score
EveryoneElse said:
I have played everything back in my head....

1 p[ositive, and 1 only.....

Only 15 more games played not to lose instead of to win, until Bill Parcell's retires and takes his playbook with him.

This team has no killer instinct at all, that stems from the coaching staff.....top to bottom....bunch of spineless cowards.

parcells isnt a coward, its just his way of coaching.

Diff coaches have a diff way of coaching. and Parcells way is proven

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
cowboys19 said:
parcells isnt a coward, its just his way of coaching.

Diff coaches have a diff way of coaching. and Parcells way is proven

Only thing it's been proven to do here in Dallas is Lose close games, and wear down our defense.

10 points isn't going to win you a ton of games in the NFL.....Don't pack it in after a quick ten points....

Running on 3rd and 15? ***. Give these guys a chance out there.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
The line played exactly how I thought they would play. They had problem with middle runs, and did good against wide runs. They gave Bledsoe plenty of time - I remembered several plays where Bledsoe had nearly 5 seconds to throw the ball, that's un heard of.

Occassionally they did allow pressure, but what line allows absolutely no pressure? If I was BP, I would understand that this line can pass-block pretty darn good, and thus we need to let it fly. Problems is Bledsoe -

There is something about Bledsoe that's just so average, it's not funny. Bledsoe has no spunk about him. That "it" factor is not there with Bledsoe. He's servicable and can be hot sometimes, but last year I watched him short-arm so many passes, and he was doing the same thing today.

Just watch as the year goes on, you will agree. So the line did it's part in the passing game, Bledsoe has to do his now.

Jake0

Reaction score
Gotta give T.O. credit, he came to play and could've done so much more if he had someone to get him the ball properly. Everytime he touched it he played like an all-pro and just overpowered/outran/outplayed the defenders he was against, but his quarterback couldn't feed him.

Parcells always loves feeding players that look hungry, but it's always running backs making good runs, then he keeps feeding the RB. He should have kept feeding T.O. He obviously wanted to make a statement and needed the ball much more.

Also can't really be too disappointed in the running game. It was solid at times against a very good front 7. Set up multiple 3rd and shorts, but badsoe failed to deliver.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
I agree with your positives.

Unlike some, I was actually encouraged by the play calling. The plays were there to be made. The difference was we made them early but stopped making them after the first quarter. It just seems like the deep plays to TO, the TD to Witten, etc....they were all there. Something just kept happening to undo anything we did -- be it overthrows or penalties or turnovers.

I like the pieces we have offensively. Our ability to get some quality runs against that defense encouraged me, as well. I fully anticipated one of those games where Julius averaged 2-point-something.