Twitter: Possible name to remember if KM leaves?

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
If he becomes our OC, we really are doomed for a minimum of 5 years. I couldn’t possibly watch a train wreck that bad. If Jerry hires a man this terrible, all because he’s McCarthy’s ole’ buddy, then I can’t see this team succeeding. We will borderline become the next Jets.

Portnoy1

Reaction score
If Kellen leaves I want Mccarthy calling the plays. Let's put his fate in his own hands, no net, no excuses. He comes from the offensive side of the ball anyway. Let him call the plays, and win games his way. Or better yet, let him call the plays, suck and then can him. Case an point Mike Zimmer (aka football Jesus). His defense this year is trash and he only has 2 good players, Eric Kendricks and Harrison Smith. He would love to have a DLAW, Gregory or Aldon Smith. Just ONE of those guys would make a huge difference for him. He has always fielded a good D, but he is still partly responsible for there poor play this year, since he calls the defense.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
If he becomes our OC, we really are doomed for a minimum of 5 years. I couldn’t possibly watch a train wreck that bad. If Jerry hires a man this terrible, all because he’s McCarthy’s ole’ buddy, then I can’t see this team succeeding. We will borderline become the next Jets.

Yah... the nepotism angle is concerning. No consideration for fit, scheme, or philosophy... just “we hung out and watched tape and ate chili cheese fries together”

Hiring his buddy did not work for the D this year. Admittedly, I know nothing about Cignetti, but I would hope either MM takes over the offense, or there is a thorough job search should KM leave.

DuncanIso

Reaction score

agree.

we have too many of Mikes old buddies already. I.e. Nolan and Philbin

DuncanIso

Reaction score
If Kellen leaves I want Mccarthy calling the plays. Let's put his fate in his own hands, no net, no excuses. He comes from the offensive side of the ball anyway. Let him call the plays, and win games his way. Or better yet, let him call the plays, suck and then can him. Case an point Mike Zimmer (aka football Jesus). His defense this year is trash and he only has 2 good players, Eric Kendricks and Harrison Smith. He would love to have a DLAW, Gregory or Aldon Smith. Just ONE of those guys would make a huge difference for him. He has always fielded a good D, but he is still partly responsible for there poor play this year, since he calls the defense.

Why? It would be a disaster, just like the defense.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Lol. That’s your measuring stick? We went from having 3 first round picks on the line to none. You’re a joke if you can’t give Philbin credit for what the line has done without Smith Martin and Collins

last year 3 pro bowls.

this year none. Run game is in the tank.

his fault, their fault, nobody’s fault.

he’s the OL coach,

Gaede

Reaction score
This name being floated goes to show how important it is for Moore to remain.

From Wikipedia, here's Cignetti's only stint in the NFL as an OC:
On February 12, 2015, Cignetti was promoted to offensive coordinator,[5] he held that position for 12 games. On December 7, 2015, Cignetti was fired by the Rams,[6] the Rams rank 31st in yards per game (296.3), 32nd in passing yards per game (178) and first downs (175), and tied for 30th in offensive touchdowns (18).

He has, however, also been a QB coach. So, I could also see Nussmeier moving to OC and Cignetti coming in as QB coach.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
LOL.....terrible justification for a really bad take. Philbin deserves a ton of credit for this season. You need to just take the L and reevaluate you’re stance on Philbin. The fact this OL is even serviceable makes a strong statement.

no.

disagree.

the OL has been a train wreck since camp.

injuries are the excuse for failure.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
no.

disagree.

the OL has been a train wreck since camp.

injuries are the excuse for failure.
Injuries are just reality of the nfl. It’s a cap league with a small roster size. You can only have so much depth. Philbin doesn’t pick the players or choose to resign injury prone players, or choose to have his starting C retire. Right now he’s got bottom 5 OL talent in the league...2 UDFA, a career backup at C, and two day two draft picks.

his group hasn’t been very good but has significantly over performed in recent weeks. I’m not sure what else you could ask for from a position coach.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Lol. That’s your measuring stick? We went from having 3 first round picks on the line to none. You’re a joke if you can’t give Philbin credit for what the line has done without Smith Martin and Collins

Frederick neither.

Portnoy1

Reaction score
Why? It would be a disaster, just like the defense.
If you have an offensive minded coach that cut his teeth on calling plays and now you are saying that would be bad for the team? In that case he shouldn't be coaching this team then. Just like Jason Garrett shouldn't have.

Also the defense, while ultimately falling under the head coach is still bad primarily because of the players not giving effort and freelancing and "maybe" the scheme also.

phildadon86

Reaction score
last year 3 pro bowls.

this year none. Run game is in the tank.

his fault, their fault, nobody’s fault.

he’s the OL coach,
Yeah. 3 pro bowls. They are all not playing this season. Are mentally stable?