Possible to have spot clinched before Philly game?

Kevinicus

Reaction score
If Dallas wins the next 2, and Tampa and Atlanta both lose next week as well as Chicago, would we have a playoff spot clinched? So we could basically go into the Philly game with a playoff spot locked up and the only question being whether or not Philly makes it in as well (if they win the next 2).

Am I missing anytyhing?

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
ChldsPlay;2489869 said:
If Dallas wins the next 2, and Tampa and Atlanta both lose next week as well as Chicago, would we have a playoff spot clinched? So we could basically go into the Philly game with a playoff spot locked up and the only question being whether or not Philly makes it in as well (if they win the next 2).

Am I missing anytyhing?
If either Tampa or atlanta loses plusa a Philly loss will do it as well, I believe.

Boysboy

Reaction score
ChldsPlay;2489869 said:

Am I missing anytyhing?

1) We win our next 2.

2) Tampa loses to San Diego, but beats Oakland.

3) Atlanta loses @Minny, but beats St. Louis.

All 3 of us would be 10-6, we would win out this tiebreaker. If this plays out, what Philly does is meaningless.

reddyuta

Reaction score
ChldsPlay;2489869 said:

Am I missing anytyhing?

no.the eagles could also make the playoffs as the 5th seed if they beat us the final week(assuming they win the next 2 games).
both atlanta and TB at 10-6 will miss out.

yimyammer

Reaction score
Boysboy;2489890 said:
1) We win our next 2.

2) Tampa loses to San Diego, but beats Oakland.

3) Atlanta loses @Minny, but beats St. Louis.

All 3 of us would be 10-6, we would win out this tiebreaker. If this plays out, what Philly does is meaningless.

If Philly wins out they'd be 10-5-1 and in. Are you saying it would be us and Philly in the playoffs because we would hold the tie breaker over TB & Atlanta?

Boysboy

Reaction score
yimyammer;2489935 said:
If Philly wins out they'd be 10-5-1 and in. Are you saying it would be us and Philly in the playoffs because we would hold the tie breaker over TB & Atlanta?

With a 3 way tie b/w us, TB, and Atlanta...

First Tier-get tiebreaker b/w TB and Atlanta b/c they're from the same division. TB would win this tiebreaker due to better conference record.

Second Tier-we win tiebreaker over TB b/c of H2H.

Yes-I know Philly would get it in they win out, but was just talking about US. Frankly-I would NOT want to go to Philly with alot on the line, I would prefer that we rest our starters.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
yimyammer;2489935 said:

yes, that's what I mean.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Boysboy;2489945 said:
With a 3 way tie b/w us, TB, and Atlanta...

First Tier-get tiebreaker b/w TB and Atlanta b/c they're from the same division. TB would win this tiebreaker due to better conference record.

Second Tier-we win tiebreaker over TB b/c of H2H.

Yes-I know Philly would get it in they win out, but was just talking about US. Frankly-I would NOT want to go to Philly with alot on the line, I would prefer that we rest our starters.

We could easily go into Philly with a WC in hand if we win our next two. NYG could end up the number three seed if they're not careful although I doubt it. We could go into Philly with a WC in hand and if we beat them we could easily knock them out of the playoffs. Lose and we would likely be the sixth seed and them the fifth.

But there is so much that can happen.

If we lose tonight then we will likely go into Philly with it being us or them. Unless we lose to NY and Bal.