Post-Combine mock!!!

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
I'm going to use the same set up as Bob did for his mock using NFL draft site top 750 and have players go in spots similar to their ranks. With that said here's my mock:

51. Jarron Gilbert DE SJSU (57)

69. Eric Wood C Louisville (68)

97. Scott Mckillop ILB Pitt (95)

113. Derek Pegusus FS Miss St (120)

148. Ramses Barden WR Cal Poly (131)

158. Sammie Lee Hill DT Stillman (150)

184. Phillip Hunt DE Houston (179)

193. Joel Bell OT Furman (191)

210. Conredge Collins FB Pitt (226)

Discuss bash flame enjoy :p:

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
Only problem I have is with the Eric Wood pick. He's a perfect fit for a zone blocking scheme but would not fit in here. Not to mention he offers no versatility, he really can't play OG or OT and we would basically be using our 3rd round pick for a back up for a couple years.

I doubt he's there in the 3rd either.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
iRoot4Losers;2654583 said:

I think Jarron Gilbert is a beast if we don't draft him I'd be really disappointed. The only way we can pass on him and I not be upset is if we got Barwin.

HomeOfLegends;2654584 said:
Only problem I have is with the Eric Wood pick. He's a perfect fit for a zone blocking scheme but would not fit in here. Not to mention he offers no versatility, he really can't play OG or OT and we would basically be using our 3rd round pick for a back up for a couple years.

I don't think he needs to be versatile.

At OG we have Davis, Holland and Koiser.

At C we have Gurode

At OT we have Flozell and Colombo.

Davis has experience at Tackle from his Arizona days. So I think our Oline is a lot solid than people are giving credit because of the injuries to Holland and Koiser.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
HomeOfLegends;2654584 said:

draft Wood and move Gurode's dumb *** to LG

problem solved

SDogo

Reaction score
iRoot4Losers;2654608 said:

problem solved

It's an idea that has crossed my mind from time to time but I really don't want a rookie making line calls. If you drafted Wood that move would need to wait a year or two.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
iRoot4Losers;2654608 said:

problem solved

Is Gurode a better LG than Koiser or Holland? IDK when gurode was at LG he wasn't that good.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2654528 said:
51. Jarron Gilbert DE SJSU (57)

I have seen several mocks that now have him cracking the first round. Typically when you see movement like that, it means he is on the rise.

SDogo

Reaction score
On a side note. I really like A.Q. Shipley and would feel a lot better picking a center in the 4th or 5th round then grabbing one in the 3rd.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
HomeOfLegends;2654612 said:
It's an idea that has crossed my mind from time to time but I really don't want a rookie making line calls. If you drafted Wood that move would need to wait a year or two.

I say we draft players that can play and allow them to play I'm tired of this babying crap. A lot of young players are thrown into the fire and come out fine. If they can handle it then you have to cut your loses not baby them. That's part of the problem here now IMO. -

SDogo

Reaction score
Alexander;2654617 said:
I have seen several mocks that now have him cracking the first round. Typically when you see movement like that, it means he is on the rise.

Most every thing that is updated at this point has him borderline 1st round so yeah, he's moving up.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Alexander;2654617 said:

I know it's a pipe dream however, I still want him!

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2654622 said:
I say we draft players that can play and allow them to play I'm tired of this babying crap. A lot of young players are thrown into the fire and come out fine. If they can handle it then you have to cut your loses not baby them. That's part of the problem here now IMO. -

I agree.

That's one tendency I see out of the staff and even from the Joneses. We just don't seem to trust rookies very much and prefer to either shelve them or ease them in little bits at a time. Even our best rookie last year, Felix Jones, was being underutilized. We didn't even want to use him as a kick returner initially.

I still recall last year the reluctance to draft a WR because it takes them too long to develop. You have to wonder how much that translates to our philosophy as a whole and why we appear to keep on signing our veterans because we are slow to trust the younger players.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2654615 said:
Is Gurode a better LG than Koiser or Holland? IDK when gurode was at LG he wasn't that good.

he wasn't good at LG because he was young, and Torrin Tucker was still on the team, the guy Parcells said was distracting him

but the dude was made to play OG: big, strong, not very bright, in fact he was projected to come out as an OG, I went back and looked at NFLDraftScout's past rankings, and they had Gurode as their #1 or #2 OG

and I truly believe he has to be moved out of that C spot, I think he's holding the line down because of his mental lapses and poor shot-gun snaps

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Alexander;2654641 said:
I agree.

That's one tendency I see out of the staff and even from the Joneses. We just don't seem to trust rookies very much and prefer to either shelve them or ease them in little bits at a time. Even our best rookie last year, Felix Jones, was being underutilized. We didn't even want to use him as a kick returner initially.

I still recall last year the reluctance to draft a WR because it takes them too long to develop. You have to wonder how much that translates to our philosophy as a whole and why we appear to keep on signing our veterans because we are slow to trust the younger players.

It's really frustrating I think jones said something like "we didn't believe there was a rookie WR that could come in and make an impact his first season" Then you see these rookie WR having big games Royal, Avery, Jackson. Phillips is way committed to some of the older players just like that debacle with Brad Johnson. I really hope he's gone this year.

iRoot4Losers;2654645 said:
he wasn't good at LG because he was young, and Torrin Tucker was still on the team, the guy Parcells said was distracting him

but the dude was made to play OG: big, strong, not very bright, in fact he was projected to come out as an OG, I went back and looked at NFLDraftScout's past rankings, and they had Gurode as their #1 or #2 OG

and I truly believe he has to be moved out of that C spot, I think he's holding the line down because of his mental lapses and poor shot-gun snaps

That makes a lot of sense. It seems as if the poor play of one person can drag down another person performance. I didn't know that he was rated that high as an OG either. The inconsistency with the snaps really piss me off.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
I am not completely sold on this draft as far as who I like and so forth........but I will say this.....with pick 69, you knocked it out of the park.

E Wood is going to be a stud in the NFL. The fact that he is one of the best Centers in the draft is great, as it would push Gurode to fix his flaws or become a bench warmer......but also, he can play both Guard positions. So the versatility he would give the interior of our line would be tremendous.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Alexander;2654617 said:

If he does, I think someone isn't doing their homework. The guy is supposed to have several negatives. Jumping out of a pool on Youtube doesn't get you into the first round unless the person drafting you is an idiot.

Now, don't take that as I don't like the kid. I'm just positive he isn't a first rounder. Those mocks that have him as one are only because they saw the Youtube video.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Biggems;2654977 said:
I am not completely sold on this draft as far as who I like and so forth........but I will say this.....with pick 69, you knocked it out of the park.

E Wood is going to be a stud in the NFL. The fact that he is one of the best Centers in the draft is great, as it would push Gurode to fix his flaws or become a bench warmer......but also, he can play both Guard positions. So the versatility he would give the interior of our line would be tremendous.

Yeah Wood is a good pick up and gives us even more flexibility along the Oline so we can figure out where to plug everyone at.

nyc;2654991 said:
If he does, I think someone isn't doing their homework. The guy is supposed to have several negatives. Jumping out of a pool on Youtube doesn't get you into the first round unless the person drafting you is an idiot.

Now, don't take that as I don't like the kid. I'm just positive he isn't a first rounder. Those mocks that have him as one are only because they saw the Youtube video.

I think you being overly critical of the youtube video. I don't think it's a big deal nor do I factor it in his draft value at all. I do think he had a monster senior season a good senior bowl topped off by a good combine. Of course he has negatives all players have negatives even the #1 prospect is going to have negatives. However, his positive out weight his negatives and his athletic ability is going to be very hard for scouts to pass up. The thought of what he could be is what is making his stock rise so much. He's going to be really good for really long no matter who drafts him.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;2655251 said:
Taking a 3-4 DE in the second is an incredible waste. They can still be had in the 4th-5th.

:confused:

How is drafting a potential starter a waste ?

Marcus Spears was drafted in the first round....admit it you don't know what you're talking about.