Post-draft team analysis: LB

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
They carried 7 last season.

They did, but they also started out with nine defensive backs I believe. I think they go with 10 DBs because of the draft additions (and 10 DL, which I'll get more into tomorrow), so I think there's no room for seven linebackers. I've got 24 offensive players and 26 defensive players.

CCBoy

Reaction score
They did, but they also started out with nine defensive backs I believe. I think they go with 10 DBs because of the draft additions (and 10 DL, which I'll get more into tomorrow), so I think there's no room for seven linebackers. I've got 24 offensive players and 26 defensive players.

What would the linebackers look like with the following:

A starting defensive line of DeMarcus Lawrence, Ndamukong Suh, Maliek Collins/Trysten Hill and Robert Quinn sounds enticing. Suh destroyed the interior of the Cowboys line in the playoff game. On the other hand, would he clash with Rod Marinelli’s “hustle all the time” mantra? Could he cause friction in a seemingly harmonious locker room?

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/201...e-agents-seen-as-good-fits-for-dallas-in-2019

Suh?

CCBoy

Reaction score
Want to still upgrade the linebackers?

Jamie Collins (LB)
Jamie Collins is an interesting player that has been in winning culture and has two Super Bowl rings. He also had made one Pro Bowl appearance in his six-year career.

Collins was released by the Browns on March 6, 2019, and is one of the many impactful free agents still on the market. At age 29, he is coming off of a four-sack and one interception season, showing he can make plays to significantly impact a game.

Collins spent the last two full seasons with the Cleveland Browns, starting in all 22 games he has appeared in over the past two years. More specifically, Collins started at strongside (Sam) linebacker which is the only linebacker spot that is open currently for Dallas. Whether he would an immediate starter, or used for more rotational depth, he could be a player that could prove very useful for the Dallas Cowboys in the 2019 season.

https://thelandryhat.com/2019/05/09/3-free-agents-dallas-cowboys-consider-signing/