Post fa Mock Draft

Cowboyny

Reaction score
As we move further along the offseason, really get the sense that they must get cheaper at many high valued positions as they have many big contracts extensions on the horizon. This mock is my own forecast, no simulation based on what I think they will do:

1-Will McDonald IV Edge Iowa State-team has to get out of the huge DLaw contract. McDonald needs to get stronger, but he is an excellent upside player.
2-Matthew Burgeron G/T Syracuse-one of the most ready lineman in the draft, most believe his future lies at Guard
3-Mekhi Gardner CB LSU-he fits their prototype at the position, Rush or Ricks could be the pick, but think they go higher.
4-Roschon Johnson RB Texas-very low mileage playing behind Robinson, here is our #2 back.
5-Keondre Coburn NT Texas-our day 3 two down NT.
6-Clayton Tune QB Houston-he is rumored to be among of our 30 official visits
7-Durrell Johnson Edge Liberty-they have shown interest.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
As we move further along the offseason, really get the sense that they must get cheaper at many high valued positions as they have many big contracts extensions on the horizon. This mock is my own forecast, no simulation based on what I think they will do:

1-Will McDonald IV Edge Iowa State-team has to get out of the huge DLaw contract. McDonald needs to get stronger, but he is an excellent upside player.
2-Matthew Burgeron G/T Syracuse-one of the most ready lineman in the draft, most believe his future lies at Guard
3-Mekhi Gardner CB LSU-he fits their prototype at the position, Rush or Ricks could be the pick, but think they go higher.
4-Roschon Johnson RB Texas-very low mileage playing behind Robinson, here is our #2 back.
Very solid draft. Folks should understand that there might be potentially very little contribution from this group in year 1. It would be a little different than how they typically do busines.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Very solid draft. Folks should understand that there might be potentially very little contribution from this group in year 1. It would be a little different than how they typically do busines.
They have a ton of extensions needed next offseason and still have Dak's contract to deal with as well. Very possible this team looks very different in 2024.

MAZEREZAM

Reaction score
Love taking Roschon…think you’d have to pull the trigger in the 3rd, though. Coburn has those short arms, unfortunately. Not a good fit for us.

I’d go Avila, Benton, R. Johnson.

Landryhat73

Reaction score
Love taking Roschon…think you’d have to pull the trigger in the 3rd, though. Coburn has those short arms, unfortunately. Not a good fit for us.

I’d go Avila, Benton, R. Johnson.
Love it - I’m just worried Benton doesn’t make it to 58 - hope I’m wrong

cnuball21

Reaction score

Give me Ricks in the 3rd instead and this is great. Gardner seems like a slight reach.

morasp

Reaction score

Can always use pass rushers, McDonald's comp was Randy Gregory, not sure what happened last year but his previous two years had double digit sacks and TFLs.
Really like Bergeron, would love to see them run behind him and Smith on the left side.

baltcowboy

Reaction score

Good realistic draft with the first two picks but the Cowboys need a tight end more then a cornerback. I just can’t see them going to war with a fourth round pick and two UDFAs.

RandyOh

Reaction score
Very solid all around draft. Would get no complaints from me

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Good realistic draft with the first two picks but the Cowboys need a tight end more then a cornerback. I just can’t see them going to war with a fourth round pick and two UDFAs.
There are still a few good veteran TE's available such as Irv Smith and Cameron Brate. I also think they like their young players at the position. Ferguson showed way more then Shultz did at the same stage.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
There are still a few good veteran TE's available such as Irv Smith and Cameron Brate. I also think they like their young players at the position. Ferguson showed way more then Shultz did at the same stage.
Smith and Brate are still free agents for a reason. There are 11 tight end prospects that are graded higher then Ferguson in this year’s draft. The young guys played ok but got little snaps in the playoffs. Hendershot was in the dog house after the interception against Tennessee. You can argue the tight end room is the worst position group on the team.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I love Johnson, just not sure he last until the 4th. We are starting to hear his name a bit more....

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Smith and Brate are still free agents for a reason. There are 11 tight end prospects that are graded higher then Ferguson in this year’s draft. The young guys played ok but got little snaps in the playoffs. Hendershot was in the dog house after the interception against Tennessee. You can argue the tight end room is the worst position group on the team.
I guarantee they think otherwise. TE's usually have a steep learning curve, could definitely see them add a veteran to the group.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I love Johnson, just not sure he last until the 4th. We are starting to hear his name a bit more....
He is considered a late 3rd, early 4th rd prospect. Know the Cowboys did speak with him at the combine, so there is some interest. He is much better then many realize, just had a great RB ahead of him.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Fair enough…Ricks could go 2nd, think he’s being slept on.
There are some whispers about injury and character concerns. As I said in the past, wasn't on Dane's top 100 pre-combine listing, I'm interested to see if he has moved him up. Most draft sites have him around our 2nd rd selection. Such a deep class, think we will still be able to land a good one at 90.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Follow the money, both Diggs/Gilmore are fa's in 2024, where Diggs will be probably playing on the franchise tag or resigned to a big 20 million type of extension. They is no chance they will be able to keep Gilmore too, they need a future starter to low the cost at the position as it's one of the highest paid, far more then a TE.