Post fa Mock Draft

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Follow the money, both Diggs/Gilmore are fa's in 2024, where Diggs will be probably playing on the franchise tag or resigned to a big 20 million type of extension. They is no chance they will be able to keep Gilmore too, they need a future starter to low the cost at the position as it's one of the highest paid, far more then a TE.
I am. They don’t have a first string tight end now. They have two good cornerbacks now. One of the best secondaries. One of the worst tight end group. Tight end is going before cornerback in the draft.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I am. They don’t have a first string tight end now. They have two good cornerbacks now. One of the best secondaries. One of the worst tight end group. Tight end is going before cornerback in the draft.
TE's are cheap to find, corners are not. They did go into a season recently with Blake Jarwin as their #1 starter, where many thought Shultz wouldn't make the roster. When was the last time they drafted a TE in the first rd? Close to 30 years ago.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
TE's are cheap to find, corners are not. They did go into a season recently with Blake Jarwin as their #1 starter, where many thought Shultz wouldn't make the roster. When was the last time they drafted a TE in the first rd? Close to 30 years ago.
They can draft a tight end in any round. You are saying they won’t draft one at all.They will draft a tight end before a cornerback because they don’t need one.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
They can draft a tight end in any round. You are saying they won’t draft one at all.They will draft a tight end before a cornerback because they don’t need one.
You are relying on a 33 year old CB to stay healthy, then we are back to end of last season again as both Wright/Joseph proved they are more special teamers then actual corners. Do I feel like they are going to ignore the TE position altogether? No, but if they take one, I think it's more in the early day 3 range again.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
You are relying on a 33 year old CB to stay healthy, then we are back to end of last season again as both Wright/Joseph proved they are more special teamers then actual corners. Do I feel like they are going to ignore the TE position altogether? No, but if they take one, I think it's more in the early day 3 range again.
I have more faith in Gilmore then I do Ferguson. Yes I think the Cowboys decision makers believe that way too.