Post Game Ceremony to air live on DC.com

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Former players who played at least 5 years with the Cowboys will be introduced to the fans who stay after the game. I hear 99 players will be in attendance including all Ring of Honor members but one (probably Don Meredith). It should be a pretty emotional event.

poke

the older I get the better I was
Reaction score
great info..........glad anybody who wants to see it can !!

i bet you are right about Meredith, i dont think his health is all that great.

I would love to be wrong about that....I would love for him to be there.

Daudr

Reaction score
This is awesome news! I just hope that we all don't kill DC.com, because I would really like to watch.

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
Bullet Bob Hayes is in the ring and dead so unless he is attending in more than spirit I think it would have to be him

justbob

Just taking it easy
Reaction score
Zaxor;2505411 said:
Bullet Bob Hayes is in the ring and dead so unless he is attending in more than spirit I think it would have to be him

If he does show it should override anything TO says for at least an hour:)

Rick_Deckard

luvtheboys
Reaction score
I don't think Tom or Tex will be able to make it, but I'm sure they will be watching.

I'm not sure, but I thought I read that Troy will not be there (preparing for the Fox broadcast?) nor will Jimmy. If true, I hope they at least taped a message for the fans.

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
justbob;2505417 said:
If he does show it should override anything TO says for at least an hour:)

Ha.. BSPN will make a show out of it... TO outs Bullet Bob from eternity :laugh2:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Zaxor;2505411 said:
Tom and Tex are as well, so I doubt that was the criteria. Probably all the living ROH members except one.

Living ROH Members
Bob Lilly
Don Meredith
Don Perkins
Chuck Howley
Mel Renfro
Roger Staubach
Lee Roy Jordan
Tony Dorsett
Randy White
Cliff Harris
Rayfield Wright
Troy Aikman
Michael Irvin
Emmitt Smith

Deceased ROH Members
Tom Landry
Bob Hayes
Tex Schramm

I hope Dandy Don is there. I want him to sing "Turn Out the Lights."

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile;2505525 said:
I hope Dandy Don is there. I want him to sing "Turn Out the Lights."

That would be beautiful. I hadn't thought of that one. At one of the farewell sites (I forget the link), you can vote for the last song to be played at Texas Stadium. I wrote in, "It's so hard to say goodbye to yesterday" by Boyz to Men, but Dandy Don would be so much sweeter.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Remember how for years and years, no one ever sang the national anthem at Texas stadium? The day always began with playing it on the trumpet.

That would be a sweet way to begin the pregame...no foolish renditions or off-key singing or personalized "look at me" stuff...just a great trumpet player doing his best Tommy Loy impression.

Make Rowdy sit down for Whistling Ray during the game.

Halftime, parade the former players out to the 50 yard line to walk across the Star and say goodbye.

End the game with Dandy Don singing "Turn out the Lights" .

That would be fun...................

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
wayne motley;2505639 said:
Remember how for years and years, no one ever sang the national anthem at Texas stadium? The day always began with playing it on the trumpet.

That would be a sweet way to begin the pregame...no foolish renditions or off-key singing or personalized "look at me" stuff...just a great trumpet player doing his best Tommy Loy impression.

Make Rowdy sit down for Whistling Ray during the game.

Halftime, parade the former players out to the 50 yard line to walk across the Star and say goodbye.

End the game with Dandy Don singing "Turn out the Lights" .

That would be fun...................
Yeah, except that Whistling Ray is watching from above with Tom, Tex, and Bob.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Hostile;2505643 said:
Yeah, except that Whistling Ray is watching from above with Tom, Tex, and Bob.

WE'd need another impression...I'm sure Tommy Loy would have a difficult time with the anthem as well.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
wayne motley;2505645 said:
WE'd need another impression...I'm sure Tommy Loy would have a difficult time with the anthem as well.
True. I gotta admit, I would love that whole scenario.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Tommy Loy played the national anthem for 22 years for every Cowboys home game and for Super Bowl V.

I'd love for JJ to bring back that tradition....I enjoy musical renditions more than most vocals.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
wayne motley;2505655 said:
Tommy Loy played the national anthem for 22 years for every Cowboys home game and for Super Bowl V.

I'd love for JJ to bring back that tradition....I enjoy musical renditions more than most vocals.

That was a neat tradition for the Cowboys, I remember it well.

WG5516

Reaction score
I need Beyonce there in some shape form or fashion... Doing something and showing off those hips.