Post game overreaction threads

blueblood70

Reaction score
I think the passion that some of us fans share for the game is quite beautiful. It is entertainment, so why not be entertained? It goes across all sports as well, and so long as the entertainment factor is still in play, there are always going to be overreactions. I hope they never die off.

Side note: one of my favorite are the "look ahead to draft day" overreactions. I love the college prospects coming into the big league aapect, part of the game..these always tickle my fancy and I look forward to them.
true not sure why it surprised me I mean in the game down 0-7 the sky was falling and the critics were in full force.. then now are saying SB LMAO...:) both end of the spectrum covered/..

I like to be in middle not too high not to low.. this team has disappointed me way to often so I wont get to crazy hyped over one game :)) too bad this type of game are not done in the playoffs.. that would get me Jazzed.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
OR it was one game and against a very bad team and will it be a rare game in the midst of 16 game season.. again talk to me after game 6 will this narrative of yours still be the same? lol

they hardly played PS what are you talking about? Amari, zeke, Tsmith, Martin mia and Dak took like 5 series..

sharp or a bad defense that we caught napping on the pass game because they expected Zeke/pollard to be used a lot?

Like I said too dang early to be making assumptions either way IMO
,,,er,,,I believe the dude did say they played in the p.s. games a bit more than usual,,,I can't verify your claim of 5 series, but, that's still about 4 more than the previous past.

blueblood70

Reaction score
,,,er,,,I believe the dude did say they played in the p.s. games a bit more than usual,,,I can't verify your claim of 5 series, but, that's still about 4 more than the previous past.
err dude I did mention the main guys were out so it doesnt explain why they played so well vs the defense whos getting some kind of excuse for being rusty when the offense had many of the great players not playing PS..

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
err dude I did mention the main guys were out so it doesnt explain why they played so well vs the defense whos getting some kind of excuse for being rusty when the offense had many of the great players not playing PS..
'Copy'!

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
OR it was one game and against a very bad team and will it be a rare game in the midst of 16 game season.. again talk to me after game 6 will this narrative of yours still be the same? lol

they hardly played PS what are you talking about? Amari, zeke, Tsmith, Martin mia and Dak took like 5 series..

sharp or a bad defense that we caught napping on the pass game because they expected Zeke/pollard to be used a lot?

Like I said too dang early to be making assumptions either way IMO
Of course we will know better after 6 games. That’s like saying water is wet. Unnecessary.

But the team did execute well (against what is universally considered a bad defense at this point), and they didn’t make a lot of mistakes like we see in many game 1 matchups.

I wasn’t disagreeing with you that we need more than one game to know what this team is. That is 100% true. However, much on offense looked way better than it has in quite a while. I’d rather that than to see a struggle to beat a bad team and saying they needed to work the kinks out because they haven’t played much together.

The defense is another story. They do need to play better.

I wasn’t trying to be combative... I’m not sure why you seem to be that way with what I wrote.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Of course we will know better after 6 games. That’s like saying water is wet. Unnecessary.

But the team did execute well (against what is universally considered a bad defense at this point), and they didn’t make a lot of mistakes like we see in many game 1 matchups.

I wasn’t disagreeing with you that we need more than one game to know what this team is. That is 100% true. However, much on offense looked way better than it has in quite a while. I’d rather that than to see a struggle to beat a bad team and saying they needed to work the kinks out because they haven’t played much together.

The defense is another story. They do need to play better.

I wasn’t trying to be combative... I’m not sure why you seem to be that way with what I wrote.

IM saying ive seen great games like this once or twice year so ill need to see more to actually show consistency in the passing game and play calling before my excitement meter kicks in..was great to watch but im holding out expectations until I see a lot more..

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
IM saying ive seen great games like this once or twice year so ill need to see more to actually show consistency in the passing game and play calling before my excitement meter kicks in..was great to watch but im holding out expectations until I see a lot more..
I understand... and I agree with you. The over reactions that football fans have (not just Dallas fans) border on ludicrous. Like someone mentioned in this thread already, many fans make sweeping declarations on a drive-by-drive basis... not just game-by-game.

All I’m saying is that you can take away some things from game 1, and for the offense, those are mostly positive. It doesn’t mean they’ll continue to be dominant, nor does it mean that they won’t.

But at least Moore has dragged the offense out of the 1990’s and into modern times. Plus, we can see that he’s taking what the defense gives him rather than saying, “Here is what we do well... stop it if you can.” Those two things alone bode extremely well for the offense’s chances under the new OC, and they will carry into the rest of the games. That much we know.

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
Everything you just said is spot on.

However, if there was ever a time to give fans some leeway it was FINALLY getting to see something that resembled a modern offense and good utilization of players skills. I mean we had been calling for this for YEARS. Half expecting to see a **** show like last years opener only to be surprised with a scoring bonanza causes even the most restrained among us to get a little giddy.
Well, that, and fans should react in whatever way makes them fell good. That's what being a fan is all about.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
We need that Fan Reaction thing where the opposing fans comment on the game. It used to get posted all the time, I can't remember what it's called though. Good times!