Post game thoughts

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
It only takes a couple of guys to do or not do their job on STs. We looked so much better. They are certainly addressing the problems and spending time of diagnosing the problems and fixing them. Hats off to the coaches on this one.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
dbair1967;2448040 said:
Impressive win today, but like the SF game the score could have been more lopsided. We blew a couple of good scoring opportunities.
<snip>

:hammer:

MrMom

Reaction score
Seattle was called on a hold, dbair.

We declined.

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
HoosierCowboy;2448104 said:
I thought the pick was on TO--he quit on the route to avoid contact with the safety--keep running and maybe get a flag or make the catch

That's always been his problem. He's a big, strong guy but he is a pansy who is afraid of contact. Probably 1/4 of Romo's INTs over the past 3 years were due to Owens either not finishing his route or not making a strong enough play on the ball. If the ball isn't right in his hands he pretty much gives up on the play.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
THUMPER;2448501 said:
That's always been his problem. He's a big, strong guy but he is a pansy who is afraid of contact. Probably 1/4 of Romo's INTs over the past 3 years were due to Owens either not finishing his route or not making a strong enough play on the ball. If the ball isn't right in his hands he pretty much gives up on the play.

I agree TO could have put forth a better effort on the play, but that was a dumb decision by Romo either way. Double coverage is double coverage.

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
Rack;2448510 said:
I agree TO could have put forth a better effort on the play, but that was a dumb decision by Romo either way. Double coverage is double coverage.

Tony does tend to try to force it in to Owens at times. :mad:

Bizwah

Reaction score
Stanback had a good KR. We haven't had one since Felix went out.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Rack;2448510 said:
There's double coverage, and then there's, you've got two defenders superglued to your hips double coverage. That play was the latter.

koolaid

Drink Me
Reaction score
thought this would be a good place to post my post game thoughts as well..

1) I totally agree with the OP on Ware. He has 15 sacks this season now and leads the league. The guy is amazing.

2) We are in the thick of the playoff hunt now, this skins/giants game will give us all something big to watch sunday.

3) Romo brought this team back from the dead.

4) This defense has been playing great since the bye week. They really shut up their critics and start living up to potential. Getting newman back doesn't hurt. The pass rush was ON today.

5) We have something in Choice. That said, hope Barber is good to go come the Steelers.

6) Jonas Brothers weren't necessary.

7) Hell of a catch by TO

8) GO BOYS :star:

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
koolaid;2448569 said:
4) This defense has been playing great since the bye week. They really shut up their critics and start living up to potential. Getting newman back doesn't hurt. The pass rush was ON today.
The defense has been playing great since the Tampa game, which happened to be when Wade took over the playcalling. Coincidence?

Bizwah

Reaction score
theogt;2448579 said:
The defense has been playing great since the Tampa game, which happened to be when Wade took over the playcalling. Coincidence?

True.

I think they even played well vs NY. Our offense did the defense no favors that game. We turned it over four times....Our defense just plain got tired.

Newman's return has been HUGE. Spencer's too. I'm not sure how to take PacMan coming back. If he keeps his head on, then our secondary should be pretty salty.

Eskimo

Reaction score
Bizwah;2448588 said:
True.

I think they even played well vs NY. Our offense did the defense no favors that game. We turned it over four times....Our defense just plain got tired.

Newman's return has been HUGE. Spencer's too. I'm not sure how to take PacMan coming back. If he keeps his head on, then our secondary should be pretty salty.

Like it or not, we are still dangerously think with TNew (twinges in the groin within the last week), Henry (he has been bad all-year but usually goes to new depths around this time of year with another injury), Jenkins (hamstring).

I really hope by playoff time our top 3 CBs are Jones, TNew and Scandrick. That would be one physical, fast secondary with great coverage skills. We can keep Henry for receiving TEs in the nickel/dime. Maybe we can get Jenkins some work at safety in the nickel/dime given the embarassment that has been Watkins/Brown.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
No offense to Ware, but James deserved that turkey trophy today. He had 10+ tackles, 2 sacks, and a forced fumble. It was his best game of the year.

James was flat out beastly today and deserved to be rewarded for it.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
dbair1967;2448040 said:
7) Courtney Brown is probably the most useless player on this team. He cant cover, he cant tackle, and today the one chance he finally does get to make a play he completely botches a gimmee fumble recovery.

he's a corner who doesn't have the hips to play there, I was stoked when we grabbed him in the 6th or 7th, but there's a reason he fell that far...

BTW isn't it amazing what you can do when you actually place an emphasis on bringing in players who focus on playing special teams?

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
I can't decide which one I want to dream about tonight. What the hell: all of them.

http://img338.*************/img338/8440/ch21thunov272008050735pcg7.jpg

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
Great post, and especially good note on James. I'm a big Bradie James critic, mainly because I've perpetually viewed him as a guy who talks the talk, assumes the leadership role and then makes no plays on game day.

But he's been a different player the last three games or so. We're a completely different defense with the dominant inside linebacker he's become. Hopefully, he keeps it up. We certainly need him.

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
Oh, one other good note about today's performance...

It was nice watching a Thanksgiving Day game post 2005 where Julius Jones was on the opposing team.

Boysboy

Reaction score
RainMan;2448799 said:
Great post, and especially good note on James. I'm a big Bradie James critic, mainly because I've perpetually viewed him as a guy who talks the talk, assumes the leadership role and then makes no plays on game day.

But he's been a different player the last three games or so. We're a completely different defense with the dominant inside linebacker he's become. Hopefully, he keeps it up. We certainly need him.

I honestly think that after that humiliating Rams loss, the players on this team just got fed up and decided that if they really are that talented, then it's time to put up or shut up.

They may (still)not respect Wade, but they DO know their own ***** are on the line, not just their HC's.

Boysboy

Reaction score
RainMan;2448801 said:
Oh, one other good note about today's performance...

It was nice watching a Thanksgiving Day game post 2005 where Julius Jones was on the opposing team.

Julius started out the season gangbusters for them(like 3-4 games), then just cooled off TREMENDOUSLY. He's a nice guy, I like him, but as a player, the kid has no heart. You put an early beating on him, he'll fold.

Like the 'ole saying, you can't change a leopard's spots.

Dcz84

Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;2448122 said:
I agree, they need to stay committed to the running game!
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: We ran the ball 26x's for 120 yards thats a 4.8 average and threw 34x's for 330 yards 9.7 per catch Thats about as balanced as your going to get with this offense.