Post game thoughts

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
Somewhere edunce is putting a bullet in the chamber.

Williams will get pounded in messageboardom for not wrapping up on Clark but very few will mention that someone (Hamlin?) made a mistake in coverage because Williams looked to have Olsen. Three takeaways in three games would get applause if a percentage of the fanbase didn't buy into some knuckledraggers in the media.

Somewhere a moron will be calling for Barber to start while forgetting that Jones had over 50 yards called back on rather dubious penalties.

Would it be considered whining about the officiating even though your team won by 24 by mentioning how biased it seemed?

Looking at how many players have been injured playing Dallas, does anyone want to play them? By my count, 10 players have gone out of the game against Dallas in only three games.

Newman looked really good in his limited time.

Dallas gameplanned almost exactly how I thought they would. Questionable penalties hurt in the first half but they can only throw so many flags in a game.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
StanleySpadowski;1665171 said:

Williams will get pounded in messageboardom for not wrapping up on Clark but very few will mention that someone (Hamlin?) made a mistake in coverage because Williams looked to have Olsen. Three takeaways in three games would get applause if a percentage of the fanbase didn't buy into some knuckledraggers in the media.

Somewhere a moron will be calling for Barber to start while forgetting that Jones had over 50 yards called back on rather dubious penalties.

Would it be considered whining about the officiating even though your team won by 24 by mentioning how biased it seemed?

Looking at how many players have been injured playing Dallas, does anyone want to play them? By my count, 10 players have gone out of the game against Dallas in only three games.

Dallas gameplanned almost exactly how I thought they would. Questionable penalties hurt in the first half but they can only throw so many flags in a game.

I've gotta say...I'm not normally one to say much about refs, because it always would just seem to be an excuse....however, there is a reason Chicago is known for corruption and it was pretty unbelievable tonight...even my kids started saying "Show the replay..." They wouldn't in some cases and then they would say that it's "...because they don't want to show that they are wrong again.".

Refs should be fined just like players are when they screw up. Oh yeah....I wonder if a ref had some money on this game, ala the NBA.

Anyways, like I said, I usually don't talk about refs/umpires etc., but tonight was ridiculous.

sbark

Reaction score

Madden agreed w/you on the Combo RB's..........

Add in another Balls Call by Wade...........Another 4th down Go For It.....
-----------he has got Nads

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
Jimz31;1665216 said:
I've gotta say...I'm not normally one to say much about refs, because it always would just seem to be an excuse....however, there is a reason Chicago is known for corruption and it was pretty unbelievable tonight...even my kids started saying "Show the replay..." They wouldn't in some cases and then they would say that it's "...because they don't want to show that they are wrong again.".

Refs should be fined just like players are when they screw up. Oh yeah....I wonder if a ref had some money on this game, ala the NBA.

Anyways, like I said, I usually don't talk about refs/umpires etc., but tonight was ridiculous.

What's really scary is that Dallas won by 24 with possibly the worst NFL officiating I've ever seen undoubtably tilted against them.

I'd love to see the NFL comment on some of these calls. How is a horsecollar not called? Twice? What did Witten do?

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score

not sure why people are beating on RW...sure he blew that one tackle, but that play should have never happened anyway...the guy played a great game tonight

Garrett is unbelievable at 2nd half adjustments

great pass protection for the most part, especially after the first qtr

coverages really tightened up and the DB's started taking mroe chances after the qst qtr

Ware and Spencer combined for 3 sacks

our offense definitely wore out their defense in the 2nd half

Nick Folk is gonna be a really good one

Devin Hester- you got "jacked up!!!"

Adam Archeleta is still the worst safety I have ever seen

great game...lets hope they come out and put away St Louis and Buffalo early, not mess around with them the next two weeks

David

baj1dallas

Reaction score
Jimz31;1665216 said:

the refs did have a bad night tonight, but it was just incompetence, not conspiracy.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
StanleySpadowski;1665300 said:
What's really scary is that Dallas won by 24 with possibly the worst NFL officiating I've ever seen undoubtably tilted against them.

I'd love to see the NFL comment on some of these calls. How is a horsecollar not called? Twice? What did Witten do?

Yep...and that holding on JJ's run....what the heck was that?

The letting of the play-clock at the end of the half....This could go on and on....

VACowboy

Reaction score
Amen on the officiating. The phantom block in the back on Witten. The phantom pass interference on TO. Draining the clock at the end of the first half. And how come horse collar penalties don't count if the Bears commit them? How come spinning the ball after an offensive play is an infraction if TO does it, but not Clinton Portis? Icounted five uncalled horse collars and an uncalled ball spike in three games today. The inconsistency around the league today was ridiculous.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
LOTS of room for improvement.

Getting Glenn back will help. Getting Ellis back will help. Getting Newman at full speed will help. Hopefully Tank Johnson can help.

CliffnDallas

Reaction score
My thought is the bears need to get a refund from that Ref they bought cause it didn't work.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
Norm is talking about the ref's right now as well....also mentioned one that I forgot...the T.O. pass interference penalty....another one that was a phantom.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
baj1dallas;1665314 said:
the refs did have a bad night tonight, but it was just incompetence, not conspiracy.
It's hard to believe the incompetence line when they're alleging they're seeing things that aren't there. I could see incompetence when the horsecollars aren't called on them, and MAYBE the Witten clip. But that PI by TO, or the Flo hold... you have to believe you saw something that I don't see how you could have.

When you interfere with a guy, you'd think you would see the guy move off his course. Or when you see flo put a guy on his back, holding is probably the last thing on your mind.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score

Williams will get pounded in messageboardom for not wrapping up on Clark.
Williams played unbelievably tonight. Hats off, i've been hard on him.

BBQ101

Reaction score
The running out of the clock is inexcusable. The NFL has officials in place and a protocal inside the last two minutes that should NEVER let this happen. My wife and I could not get over this. In the world of Nascar, that was just "Busch league".

BBQ

LowTech

the most important member
Reaction score
I have sore throat just from screaming at the officials

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
baj1dallas;1665314 said:

The law of averages suggest that incompetence wouldn't be so obviously one sided. I don't think the Cowboys had a bad call go their way the whole night.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
LeonDixson;1665450 said:
The law of averages suggest that incompetence wouldn't be so obviously one sided. I don't think the Cowboys had a bad call go their way the whole night.

I know, which means something really ugly was going on

David

LeonDixson

Reaction score
Jimz31;1665354 said:
Norm is talking about the ref's right now as well....also mentioned one that I forgot...the T.O. pass interference penalty....another one that was a phantom.
and the two non calls on running into the kicker. I've seen those called for less.

LeonDixson

Reaction score
peplaw06;1665364 said:
It's hard to believe the incompetence line when they're alleging they're seeing things that aren't there. I could see incompetence when the horsecollars aren't called on them, and MAYBE the Witten clip. But that PI by TO, or the Flo hold... you have to believe you saw something that I don't see how you could have.

When you interfere with a guy, you'd think you would see the guy move off his course. Or when you see flo put a guy on his back, holding is probably the last thing on your mind.

Right. They see interference on TO but they don't see Crayton being held in the end zone??? Gimme a break. Somebody was either paid off or had a bet on the game.