Twitter: Post Game Tweet 11/07/2021

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Last week, I think I got a Tweet from every young player on the team, most of them an hour or two after the win.

It was the most I had ever seen, they were all doing it.

Tonight, I haven't seen a single Tweet from a player.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
MM decision making will be questioned all week.

Again.

The reasoning being he wanted to give Dak reps in some two minute drills is weak.

So is wanting to add garbage time points to make this look like it might have been a competitive game at some point. I've avoided bashing MM up until this point but risking Dak in a 30-0 game that was honestly over when it was 19-0 is something I can't defend.

kevm3

Reaction score
Leaving Dak in was absolutely the right decision IMO. Their defense loosened up and it was allowing Dak to get easy completions and at least put some TDs on the board and get back in a rhythm. It'd be worse if we took him out without him scoring and he starts the next game with low confidence. The real mistake was putting him in bubble wrap and not letting him play in the Minnesota game. After essentially 3 weeks of not playing football it was clear Dak and the offense was out of sync.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

I don't buy that. We were shellacked because we didn't play well. Denver has a good defense and we made too many mistakes on offense to overcome that, primarily dropped passes to poor passes. I'm not sure when you get beat why it has to mean you overlooked your opponent. Winning in the NFL is tough, so if you are off your game, this can happen. Offense was just out of sync. I don't know if Dak coming off the leg injury and Cooper and Lamb also having leg injuries had anything to do with it, but we just couldn't find our rhythm. Denver's defense certainly played a role in that, but there were plays to make that we just didn't.

When we blocked the punt and Denver got the ball back, I just chalked it up to one of those days.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

That's kind of stupid. If you believe there's a risk of reinjury, you don't play him. If you believe he's able to play without much risk, you play him. We were very out of sync this week. It was good to leave Dak in and let him reestablish his rhythm IMO.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
They had a horrible game from top to bottom. It happens. We’ll see what it means in the next few games. They either refocus or they fall apart. My money is on refocus, but we’ll see.

pansophy

Reaction score
Leaving Dak in was absolutely the right decision IMO. Their defense loosened up and it was allowing Dak to get easy completions and at least put some TDs on the board and get back in a rhythm. It'd be worse if we took him out without him scoring and he starts the next game with low confidence. The real mistake was putting him in bubble wrap and not letting him play in the Minnesota game. After essentially 3 weeks of not playing football it was clear Dak and the offense was out of sync.
People are losing their minds and are missing the point of keeping him out last week. You keep him out last week exactly so that you don't have to manage the injury the rest of the season. He got an extra week, he's healthy, and so unless people are going to argue that he should come out of every blow loss then they are missing the point.