Post Game Tweets 09/25/17

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I really hate stats like these.

Context is important. Force feed Zeke 20 carries last week and it doesn't change the outcome.
Wow, that one is particularly egregious. We lost 4 games last year (including the GB playoff game but not including the week 17 game when we rested everyone including Elliott): Elliott had 20 carries in all of them.

So in the 19 games he's played with the Cowboys, we're 12-3 when he runs 20 times, and we're 3-1 in the games where he hasn't.

And that doesn't even get into the issues with games like tonight, where he only had 20 carries because we were running out the clock at the end and he went 3 for -3 on our last drive. You run because you're winning, you don't win because you're running.

Last edited:

ConceptCoop

Reaction score
I don't know about handing out 12 mil plus to a guy who really hasn't done much beside this year. Especially when hes had 2 back surgeries.

He was very good the season before the injury. Don't get me wrong--it's risky--I'm with you there. But you have to at least franchise him if he keeps this--anything close to this--up. He's been a war daddy, which is exactly what we've been screaming for.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
He was very good the season before the injury. Don't get me wrong--it's risky--I'm with you there. But you have to at least franchise him if he keeps this--anything close to this--up. He's been a war daddy, which is exactly what we've been screaming for.

He's had a half good season until this year. Tag him. See what he does next year.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score

tenor.gif

Tank with 3, Collins with one and Crawford with one. That's 5. Who else got a sack?

visionary

Reaction score
Wow, that one is particularly egregious. We lost 4 games last year (including the GB playoff game but not including the week 17 game when we rested everyone including Elliott): Elliott had 20 carries in all of them.

So in the 19 games he's played with the Cowboys, we're 12-3 when he runs 20 times, and we're 3-1 in the games where he hasn't.

And that doesn't even get into the issues with games like tonight, where he only had 20 carries because we were running out the clock at the end and he went 3 for -3 on our last drive. You run because you're winning, you don't win because you're running.

I'm sorry but your inferences are off

Dak does not score the first TD and we don't get to have effective play action passes unless we establish that we will run and Elliot is the threat that he is

We clearly won BECAUSE we ran
Ignoring the obvious won't make it go away

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
I don't know about handing out 12 mil plus to a guy who really hasn't done much beside this year. Especially when hes had 2 back surgeries.
Eh. Let him go and continue to have success elsewhere. We’ll eventually find a DE at some point.

o_O

armadillooutlaw

Reaction score
Eh. Let him go and continue to have success elsewhere. We’ll eventually find a DE at some point.

o_O
I hear Stephen has already sent scouts to Wal-Mart to check through the clearance section.
Will McClay is down the street at Dollar General looking for War Daddy's and Jerry is checking the Liquor Store for some DE help.