Post-playoff Mock

VACowboy

Reaction score
1) Mike Iupati (OG) - 6-5, 330 - Idaho
Massive, athletic guard who can also play RT. I think he's a special player--bigger Larry Allen.

2) Vladimir Ducasse (OT) - 6-5, 330 - UMass
Huge frame with long arms and great feet. He's a tad raw but has all the physical tools to play LT at the pro level.

3) Akwasi Owusu-Ansah (CB/S) - 6-1, 205 - IUP
Big with great quickness, closing speed and ball skills. Had 8 INTs in '08 and 2 in '09. Played CB and S interchangably and returned 9 kicks for TDs during his college career. He's the total package. The only knock against him is the small school at which he played.

4) Alex Carrington (DE) - 6-5, 284 - Arkansas State
Extremely fast for a guy his size. Ended the '09 season with 12.5 TFL, 7.5 sacks and All-Sun Belt first team honors. Tallying 10.5 sacks and 19 TFL in '08, he was the conference defensive player of the year.

6) Adrian Tracey (LB) - 6-3, 245 - William and Mary
Compiled one of the most impressive college football resumes in NCAA history, starting all 47 games of his career and racking up 62.5 TFL and 31 sacks along the way. He had 22 and 12 in '09.

7) John Estes (C) - 6-2, 300 - Hawaii
Strong, athletic and technicnically sound, Estes is a blue collar player who just does his job--every game (he started an NCAA record 54 consecutively). Great in space, pulling or moving to help on double teams. Think: Mark Stepnoski.

The Realist

Reaction score
VACowboy;3255389 said:
1) Mike Iupati (OG) - 6-5, 330 - Idaho
Massive, athletic guard who can also play RT. I think he's a special player--bigger Larry Allen.

2) Vladimir Ducasse (OT) - 6-5, 330 - UMass
Huge frame with long arms and great feet. He's a tad raw but has all the physical tools to play LT at the pro level.

3) Akwasi Owusu-Ansah (CB/S) - 6-1, 205 - IUP
Big with great quickness, closing speed and ball skills. Had 8 INTs in '08 and 2 in '09. Played CB and S interchangably and returned 9 kicks for TDs during his college career. He's the total package. The only knock against him is the small school at which he played.

4) Alex Carrington (DE) - 6-5, 284 - Arkansas State
Extremely fast for a guy his size. Ended the '09 season with 12.5 TFL, 7.5 sacks and All-Sun Belt first team honors. Tallying 10.5 sacks and 19 TFL in '08, he was the conference defensive player of the year.

6) Adrian Tracey (LB) - 6-3, 245 - William and Mary
Compiled one of the most impressive college football resumes in NCAA history, starting all 47 games of his career and racking up 62.5 TFL and 31 sacks along the way. He had 22 and 12 in '09.

7) John Estes (C) - 6-2, 300 - Hawaii
Strong, athletic and technicnically sound, Estes is a blue collar player who just does his job--every game (he started an NCAA record 54 consecutively). Great in space, pulling or moving to help on double teams. Think: Mark Stepnoski.

1) Iupati G

2) Ducasse G/T

3) AOA CB

4) Robert Johnson FS

6) Marshall Newhouse G/T

7) Hunter Lawrence K

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Carrington and Tracey are nice new names/players to look at. Any forty times? The others seem pretty consensus (Iupati, Ducasse, Estes, Owusu-Ansah, etc.).

VACowboy

Reaction score
BAT;3255437 said:
Carrington and Tracey are nice new names/players to look at. Any forty times? The others seem pretty consensus (Iupati, Ducasse, Estes, Owusu-Ansah, etc.).

Hey, my first mock was the first to include AOA (I believe) so I lay claim!
;)

Tracey runs a 4.7. Carrington, 4.78.