Post preseason week 2 53 man roster

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
We have some changes this week, some have moved up the depth chart and some have lost a spot while others have earned a spot. Still a couple games left so not final yet but here is what I have after the game tonight.

QB: Dak, White
RB: Zeke, Rod, Darius, Bo
FB: Jamize
TE: Swaim, Jarwin, Shultz, Rico
WR: Hurns, Gallup, Williams, Beasley, Austin, Lenoir
OL: Smith, Connor, Frederick, Zach, Collins, Looney, Fleming, Edwards

DE: Lawrence, Crawford, Gregory, Taco, Armstrong, Tapper
DT: Collins, Woods, Price, Jones
LB: Lee, Jaylon, Thomas, Leighton, Wilson, March-Lillard
CB: Byron, Awuzie, Brown, Lewis, Thomas (Thomas is barely making it right now, given his long return is what kept him. Needs to play better to stay on next week)
Safety: Heath, Woods, Frazier, Robinson

K: Bailey
P: Jones
LS: L.P

We most likely keep 3 QBs but it came down to Tapper, Rush, Duke Thomas and Thompson. I picked 2 of the 4 and went with corner depth and the pass rusher. White was able to move the ball and score tonight while Rush wasnt able to score. Most likely we keep 3 QBs but this is the 53 as of right now and things can still change in the next couple weeks.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
not over Rush my friend
I do think they keep 4 TE
I havent seen Tapper but my reception is wacky
I could see the phones working on a trade for a safety

I otherwise go for this 53 today
I have reasons why I have White over Rush. Rush hasn't looked good in the first 2 games and White has moved the ball and looked decent with 3rd and 4th stringers. Rush is getting the chance with the first and second team. Hopefully White gets a chance with the first or second team before preseason is up but based on play White should be ahead of Rush...... In my opinion

waving monkey

Reaction score
I have reasons why I have White over Rush. Rush hasn't looked good in the first 2 games and White has moved the ball and looked decent with 3rd and 4th stringers. Rush is getting the chance with the first and second team. Hopefully White gets a chance with the first or second team before preseason is up but based on play White should be ahead of Rush...... In my opinion
reasonable argument

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I think White will be obliged to step up his play considerably before he's destined to be granted positioning over Rush. We'll see. Both need to assert themselves to improve and to solidify their standing as it now appears. Here's hoping they'll both do just that.

Last edited:

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
We have some changes this week, some have moved up the depth chart and some have lost a spot while others have earned a spot. Still a couple games left so not final yet but here is what I have after the game tonight.

QB: Dak, White
RB: Zeke, Rod, Darius, Bo
FB: Jamize
TE: Swaim, Jarwin, Shultz, Rico
WR: Hurns, Gallup, Williams, Beasley, Austin, Lenoir
OL: Smith, Connor, Frederick, Zach, Collins, Looney, Fleming, Edwards

DE: Lawrence, Crawford, Gregory, Taco, Armstrong, Tapper
DT: Collins, Woods, Price, Jones
LB: Lee, Jaylon, Thomas, Leighton, Wilson, March-Lillard
CB: Byron, Awuzie, Brown, Lewis, Thomas (Thomas is barely making it right now, given his long return is what kept him. Needs to play better to stay on next week)
Safety: Heath, Woods, Frazier, Robinson

K: Bailey
P: Jones
LS: L.P

We most likely keep 3 QBs but it came down to Tapper, Rush, Duke Thomas and Thompson. I picked 2 of the 4 and went with corner depth and the pass rusher. White was able to move the ball and score tonight while Rush wasnt able to score. Most likely we keep 3 QBs but this is the 53 as of right now and things can still change in the next couple weeks.
Good effort - thanks. Personally, I think they search for a veteran QB off the waiver-wire and one of Rush or White goes to the PS. I don't see carrying 4 RB and 4 TE's either and, given Martin's injury, go long at OL

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good effort - thanks. Personally, I think they search for a veteran QB off the waiver-wire and one of Rush or White goes to the PS. I don't see carrying 4 RB and 4 TE's either and, given Martin's injury, go long at OL
They were OK with Rush as the backup last season...

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
Not sure White has really shown he is BU material yet and Bo only makes it if he can stay healthy (unlikely with his injury history) and the great Jackson lays an egg. My prediction is a DE gets moved soon. I think it will be Tapper as Armstrong has pushed him off the roster to this point.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
It's a 90 man roster limit for PS games, not 53...
Then just move along, if you're not going to understand then why keep replying. Go make your own list however you want. I made mine the way I want. I'm not going to keep trying to explain something that you're refusing to understand.

Kaiser

Reaction score

Great post, I was thinking almost exactly this roster but I somehow missed that there was a seperate Roster Zone for these threads.

There could be some tweaks, I think they want Deonte Thompson on the roster but end up with him on the IR Return list. I think the 4th Safety is probably a waiver pickup also, like we picked up Brian Price.

millennial_legend

Reaction score
we don't need Bo, he's the one yard and cloud of dust kind of running back. Not a receiving threat out of the backfield. That doesn't fly in today's league. Also Rico will be the #1 TE before long.