Post Week 13: QB Combined Statistical Ranking

khiladi

Reaction score
I agree. His rookie season was by far his best season.

He was efficient, playing within the system, and wasn't trying to be anything he wasn't. That Dak Prescott, combined with 6 years of experience, could lead this team to a Super Bowl.

Teams basically figured out what the offense was doing, meaning they started paying attention to Beasley, taking away his out patterns, sat in his short routes and dared him to beat them deep. Hardly a Dak thing, more to do with they figured Linehan’s offense out.

2016 Dak “success” was a product of the personnel and coaching.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I don't know if it was the injury or if Denver really did put out some stuff on film that exposed Dak and some weaknesses.

I remember after that game Dak said something like "I hope teams play us that way every week" arrogantly acting as if Denver was doing certain things, but the Cowboys were just "off" that day.

It seems as if Dak got his wish, and unforntunetley for us, it wasn't just an "off" day for him and the offense.
I think against Denver, the whole team was off, just a bad game all around. but one thing denver did was to play very physical at LOS and with the WRs.....its not what they did to Dak, but to the WRs....KC did the same thing and it throws off the timing of the WRs that can't get off the press. Cooper is best at getting off the press coverage but Gallup and CD not as much, so I think that's greatly affecting the offense.

I posted this in another thread as well, Dak has been very good from the pocket, but has been very average outside the pocket. it used to be he was good on the move. that's why I suspect there is something wrong with the lower leg. against NO, he was one hopping a lot of throws, throwing with his hip very flat and not turning into his throws, that leads to inaccurate throws....I haven't seen that since 2017 and early 2018....

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Daks best season as a QB IMHO was easily 2016. That was a super efficient and repeatable offense. Of course that was a different offense all together and that QB no longer exists.
no, that was team's best performance.....Dak as a rookie had a lot of support and managed the games. kind of similar to Mac Jones this year....NE defense is carrying that team as they are top 10, top 5 and top 2 in almost every statistical category except in rush defense...which is surprising...but I think they are forcing defenses into runs and doing what bilicheck does, force you to dink, dunk, and make long drives and knowing you will make mistakes along the way...

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I think against Denver, the whole team was off, just a bad game all around. but one thing denver did was to play very physical at LOS and with the WRs.....its not what they did to Dak, but to the WRs....KC did the same thing and it throws off the timing of the WRs that can't get off the press. Cooper is best at getting off the press coverage but Gallup and CD not as much, so I think that's greatly affecting the offense.

I posted this in another thread as well, Dak has been very good from the pocket, but has been very average outside the pocket. it used to be he was good on the move. that's why I suspect there is something wrong with the lower leg. against NO, he was one hopping a lot of throws, throwing with his hip very flat and not turning into his throws, that leads to inaccurate throws....I haven't seen that since 2017 and early 2018....
Well, whatever is wrong with Dak and the offense they need to figure it out before it's too late. We're getting closer and closer to the end of the season and I'm not confident at all in this team right now. If Dak is hurt then they need to adjust things and fix it, because I do not want to hear any "I was injured" excuses in the offseason after another failed season.

Moore needs to game plan better, and call plays that fit the situation, while Dak and the offense need to execute on those plays. It's a team effort and they just play lost right now.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Well, whatever is wrong with Dak and the offense they need to figure it out before it's too late. We're getting closer and closer to the end of the season and I'm not confident at all in this team right now. If Dak is hurt then they need to adjust things and fix it, because I do not want to hear any "I was injured" excuses in the offseason after another failed season.

Moore needs to game plan better, and call plays that fit the situation, while Dak and the offense need to execute on those plays. It's a team effort and they just play lost right now.

Lots of fans quit easily so you’re not alone.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
no, that was team's best performance.....Dak as a rookie had a lot of support and managed the games. kind of similar to Mac Jones this year....NE defense is carrying that team as they are top 10, top 5 and top 2 in almost every statistical category except in rush defense...which is surprising...but I think they are forcing defenses into runs and doing what bilicheck does, force you to dink, dunk, and make long drives and knowing you will make mistakes along the way...
I think you are selling Dak a bit short. His ability to run in 2016 was awesome. The shot gun QB draw was our single best red zone play. As a passer he was incredibly efficient. Third in passer rating if I recall.

I get what you are saying and I agree the offense is completely different now. Dak is a better passer than he was for sure and we rely on his arm way more than we used to. He will never be the same player and he is evolving into a better passer. Having said that I still believe that 2016 was his best year as a pro and both the stats and the results would agree.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I think you are selling Dak a bit short. His ability to run in 2016 was awesome. The shot gun QB draw was our single best red zone play. As a passer he was incredibly efficient. Third in passer rating if I recall.

I get what you are saying and I agree the offense is completely different now. Dak is a better passer than he was for sure and we rely on his arm way more than we used to. He will never be the same player and he is evolving into a better passer. Having said that I still believe that 2016 was his best year as a pro and both the stats and the results would agree.
We're entering Week 14 and Dak has a whooping 91 rushing yards for the year.

That's 2 yards less than he had in 4 games before his injury last year.

His fear of running the ball is hurting the team more than people want to admit. 2016-2020 Dak would have ran for 4 yards on 3rd and 2, while 2021 Dak tries to force a pass into a tight window to Cedrick Wilson on 3rd and 2.

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
Wentz is getting dangerously close to Dak.....you may want to hunker down if that happens.....

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Everyone wants to center on Dak’s performance the last few games post injury, but I hear crickets when it comes to Allen, Herbert, and Stafford. All three have had stinkers and lost a lot of games, especially Allen. I guess those guys get a pass because they don’t play for Dallas. Strange.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

I agree completely. this offense has been off since Denver and maybe they were right in having figured it out....we need to be clicking going into post season, not limping into post season.

and Moore has been figured out a bit. that was my worry before the season and early in the season, that the more film, the more DC can plan against and thus how will Moore adjust.....he is struggling a bit.

we also need to figure out the YAC defensive problems as we are by far the worst in the NFL

DFWJC

Reaction score
Everyone wants to center on Dak’s performance the last few games post injury, but I hear crickets when it comes to Allen, Herbert, and Stafford. All three have had stinkers and lost a lot of games, especially Allen. I guess those guys get a pass because they don’t play for Dallas. Strange.
All of us that have been paying attention to all of the QBs and games throughout the season know this.

That's why stats are more valid, the more data that you have. Even the combined stats like these.
It's also how Dak has managed to stay in that 7-8 range even with several poor outings.....because every QB in the league has had a least 2 stinkers this year

Ex. Rodgers had an unbelievably awful game in week 1, and was bottom of the league, but is now up near the top as usual.

It's a Cowboys fan site so it's no surprise that many here only watch a few games (sometimes none or only 1) from other QBs and then think that represents them all year.

We are understandably myopic here with our Cowboys and Dak--both when they play well and poorly.

Last edited:

Creeper

Reaction score
I agree. His rookie season was by far his best season.

He was efficient, playing within the system, and wasn't trying to be anything he wasn't. That Dak Prescott, combined with 6 years of experience, could lead this team to a Super Bowl.

He was running the football more often and successfully. This year he is not running often and when he does he is getting tackled behind the LOS. Dak needs the threat of the run to be successful. It holds LBs in place. But at the same time, he doesn't often have much opportunity to run. Other teams have been incredibly disciplined in staying in their rushing lanes against the Cowboys. I wish Dallas had that kind of discipline.