Post Week 6: QB Combined Statistical Ranking

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
You clearly MISSED the point. The point was that these rookies are performing about where I expected them to be. YET a bunch of people on this board screamed that we needed to draft one them and move on from our record setting incumbent. THAT was the real ignorance...

The ignorance is using rookie QB stats that are on bad teams to make a point.

I'm sure a Lawrence would look a lot better in this offense than he does in Jax.

The REAL ignorance is bringing up pointless arguments from months ago only so you can thump your own chest about Dak now.

Forget all that pointless crap, quit thumping your chest, and enjoy 5-1.

How about that?

RonnieT24

Reaction score
The ignorance is using rookie QB stats that are on bad teams to make a point.

I'm sure a Lawrence would look a lot better in this offense than he does in Jax.

The REAL ignorance is bringing up pointless arguments from months ago only so you can thump your own chest about Dak now.

Forget all that pointless crap, quit thumping your chest, and enjoy 5-1.

How about that?

Nope.. I can do both.. I can enjoy 5-1 WHILE I enjoy rubbing these idiots' noses in their idiotic takes about Dak vs the greatness of random rookie QB who looked great in college. They earned it.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Nope.. I can do both.. I can enjoy 5-1 WHILE I enjoy rubbing these idiots' noses in their idiotic takes about Dak vs the greatness of random rookie QB who looked great in college. They earned it.

Stay classy.

Aulac

Reaction score
LOL.. it's kinda comical to see the rookies lined up at the rear.. And people were screaming for the Cowboys to tank and draft one of them. The mind boggles at how clueless people are when it comes to evaluating the QB position. They act like rookies just come in and play like Dak all the time. I think Dak is one of only like 5 or 6 rookie QBs to have a winning record since the merger. But all these college darlings were supposed to step in and be better than him.. Hilarious.

Dak has a stack team...unlike these rookies.

Aulac

Reaction score
Here's where Dak sits is various stats after 6 games:
  • 4th in Passer Rating
  • 10th in TDs-Turnovers
  • 5th in Passing Yards/game (volume stat)
  • 7th in YPA
  • 2nd in Completion % (hard to judge unless YPA included)
  • 16th in ESPN "QBR" (not a fan of this stat)

Now what about overall talent roster ranking?

DFWJC

Reaction score
Now what about overall talent roster ranking?
This is a QB thread and is purely statistical.
And pretty limited in that it only covers 6 games this season.

So no opinion or bias. It just is what it is.

However, I think most people know that our offense is preposterously stacked.

Reactions: BAT

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
The thing that separates Dak from most rookie QBs even Herbert was his decision making and how well he took care of the ball. What was it like game 6 against Green Bay before he threw his first INT? That is just ridiculous.. Over the last three years we have seen him try to find the balance between being aggressive when it's called for but still taking care of the ball. He's not perfect in that regard but he's damn close. I think as long as the defense is able to keep teams from running away Dak will continue to be a low turnover guy. If we fall way behind and he has to take more chances I think we will see some turnovers but the dude is like 3rd in NFL history in TD/INT ratio. I'm so glad he's our QB..

DAK also benefited by having an All-Star Oline...a young Zeke.....All he had to do was be a bust driver and he was a dam good bus driver at that..... Still think MAC Jones is the real deal in NE.....he just needs weapons to through to...dude is a stud.

I am super glad DAK signed his contract.....On the other hand....I would not of been disappointed if the Cowboys drafted MAC Jones as his replacement....Lawerance, Wilson, Fields, are not worth salt....bad teams struggle with bad organizations...Jags, Jets, Chicago

Knotamus

Reaction score
Interesting, even after going to a “Playoff ready team”.. Wentz still can’t prove to better than Hurts

DFWJC

Reaction score
Interesting, even after going to a “Playoff ready team”.. Wentz still can’t prove to better than Hurts
Pretty wild that they are tied right now.

Wentz was a bit of rehab project for the Colts, as he was awful last year.

To his credit, at least in these rankings
  • after week 4 he was 22nd
  • after week 5 he was 17th
  • after week 6 he was 13th

morat1959

Reaction score
LOL.. it's kinda comical to see the rookies lined up at the rear.. And people were screaming for the Cowboys to tank and draft one of them. The mind boggles at how clueless people are when it comes to evaluating the QB position. They act like rookies just come in and play like Dak all the time. I think Dak is one of only like 5 or 6 rookie QBs to have a winning record since the merger. But all these college darlings were supposed to step in and be better than him.. Hilarious.
As usual, you don’t a clue about the QB position in the NFL. Very few QBs play well their first year. What chair were you in the HS band?

kumizi

Reaction score
It's almost like rookies are drafted by bad teams and need 2-3 years to develop.

I dont know what we'd do without your wisdom.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
It's kind of scary that our defense has only faced one QB in the top 10 ... but, of course, playing our defense might be part of the reason only one of them is in the top 10.

DFWJC

Reaction score
giphy.gif

As expected, even after 12 years of getting bludgeoned to near death in Detroit every year, Stafford's passer ratings and TD-turnovers are much better once he has a team around him. And no, one player out of 11 on offense and 1-2 ok defenses in 12 years don't count.

Funny how that works!

Good for him. But I think he is no longer physically what he once was.
Still good enough, but not physical peak anymore

DFWJC

Reaction score
It's kind of scary that our defense has only faced one QB in the top 10 ... but, of course, playing our defense might be part of the reason only one of them is in the top 10.
Well, thanks to Diggs, we know every QB so far has at least one pick vs Dallas. lol

Aulac

Reaction score
This is a QB thread and is purely statistical.
And pretty limited in that it only covers 6 games this season.

So no opinion or bias. It just is what it is.

However, I think most people know that our offense is preposterously stacked.

Problem is they don't take that into account when evaluating Dak.