Potential Cowboys draft Target Wis RB Braelon Allen is working out at SandersFit with Derrick Henry

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
Allen is an interesting prospect.

He is a ridiculous physical specimen at the RB position, and put up some decent numbers, but I feel like should have put up better numbers than he did. Maybe I’m overthinking it.

I’d be happy with an Allen pick though. He’s a 245 pound back who can catch, pass block, and obviously can grind out the dirty yards when you need him to.

He’s one of the few RBs in this draft I feel like has a chance to enter the NFL and instantly change the backfield of whatever team selects them. There’s only 3 or so guys in this draft I feel have the capability to do that.

Sydla

Reaction score
Unless it's in the late rounds, I am a pass on Allen. The few tests he did run at the combine, he was one of the worst. He didn't run the 40 at the combine and then passed again at his pro day. He seems like a guy that can bull his way through college but at the next level, he's gonna have some issues.

Mr_437

Reaction score

He is a ridiculous physical specimen at the RB position, and put up some decent numbers, but I feel like should have put up better numbers than he did. Maybe I’m overthinking it.

I’d be happy with an Allen pick though. He’s a 245 pound back who can catch, pass block, and obviously can grind out the dirty yards when you need him to.

He’s one of the few RBs in this draft I feel like has a chance to enter the NFL and instantly change the backfield of whatever team selects them. There’s only 3 or so guys in this draft I feel have the capability to do that.
Name the rest, I'm intrigued lol....

Mr_437

Reaction score
Unless it's in the late rounds, I am a pass on Allen. The few tests he did run at the combine, he was one of the worst. He didn't run the 40 at the combine and then passed again at his pro day. He seems like a guy that can bull his way through college but at the next level, he's gonna have some issues.
What RBs you like because it's interesting to see everyone thinks fit with the Cowboys scheme n team?

rambo2

Reaction score
He fumbles. Benson doesn’t fumble.

Sydla

Reaction score
What RBs you like because it's interesting to see everyone thinks fit with the Cowboys scheme n team?
Not a fan of this draft overall in terms of RBs. Pretty weak. I like Benson, Brooks and Wright but don't want to overdraft any which we seemingly will have to do since we literally did nothing in FA at RB (the genius of our two nitwits). Corum is a guy that I think could, at least, be a solid RB for you. If you want a bruiser, I'd take a chance on Estime over Allen. Estime seems like a better athlete but also a tough runner inside.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Not a fan of this draft overall in terms of RBs. Pretty weak. I like Benson, Brooks and Wright but don't want to overdraft any which we seemingly will have to do since we literally did nothing in FA at RB (the genius of our two nitwits). Corum is a guy that I think could, at least, be a solid RB for you. If you want a bruiser, I'd take a chance on Estime over Allen. Estime seems like a better athlete but also a tough runner inside.
Yeah, I like your perspective. I really like Estime's vision and quick feet on those up the middle runs...I think he's on of the guys who fit Dallas.

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
Not a fan. Bam bam without much wiggle and rarely ran outside the tackle box. I suspect Wisconsin will have another back next year that looks similar. For me he would be a reach in the 3rd and should be gone by our 5th.

Can someone please call Jerry and give us a way to get that 4th back!

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score

235 lbs.

tm1119

Reaction score
Straight ahead runner. Will get what’s given to him and fall forward for a couple extra, but isn’t the type of RB that can make his own yards when needed. Also not much of a threat in the receiving game.
I think Allen could end up with a Latavius Murray type career…bigger back that needs a complimentary RB with him to have a complete backfield

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
James Conner is actually a better receiver, but he's the guy a comp to Allen in terms of running the ball.